[3.0] Skeleton Shredder DP MI Necromancer

Xbox player here, who played the closed PC beta and somehow changed into a console player. Now I am back and more addicted than ever to this game.

I am no expert and by showing you my Build I hope to get some feedback to make it better.

I always liked the Idea of a suicide bomber minion build and wanted to go the Umbilicus Immortalis, Coruscating Elixier Zombie Route, but that belt is very hard to get on xbox.

Than I saw the DP skill and thought, maybe with enough cast speed this might be viable to trigger MI....
And it does :) 

You need to cast DP 11 times to make 66% damage on the minion. My current tool tip shows 7.41 casts per second, so the minions will explode after ca. 1.5 seconds in a worst case scenario. That's pretty okay for me.

So what does that build need?
As much minion life and minion damage as possible and super fast cast speed.

It’s not a high end build and it lacks some clear speed but It’s pretty safe and I currently run lvl 10 maps with my lvl 86 Necro witch.

Unfortunately I can't link my build here but I will try to explain as best as I can:

So here is my setup:

Skills
Spoiler

Chest:
5 link Summon Skeleton -> Spell totem, Minion life, Minion Damage, Increased AoE; From Dust Jewel

Spell totem does a good job casting skeletons where you need them. It's especially fun in small corridors where spell totem and DP will create a moving wall of exploding dead.
Minion life and damage increase the explosion damage and Increased AoE will let them hit more enemies. From Dust increases the Skeleton output and triples the damage at a specific place. Depending on the boss you can switch increased AOE with concentrated effect.

Discipline
More ES

Gloves
Dark Pact -> spell echo, faster casting, chain
We need high cast speed to shred and kill the skeletons quickly and to trigger EE with DP. Chain helps shredding more Skellies. To keep the mana cost in check I use a high quality lvl 1 DP

Boots
Flamability -> faster casting
Damage increase
Flame Dash -> faster casting
Movement
Descerate -> faster casting
For Bone Offering, in case it runs out and there are no corpses nearby.

Helmet (Rime Gaze)
Vaal SS -> Minion Life, Minion Damage, Fire pen, CE (From Helmet)
This is just your little Back Up Army in case you don’t like what you see e.g. Harbinger, Bosses

Wand (Profane Wand with double cast speed ->33%)
Bone Offer -> increased Duration,
You want to always have the bone offer buff, so increased Duration and some Duration passives will help a lot
Clarity -> mana regen

Shield (Rathpith Globe)
Stone Golem
Just as Meat Shield and ES Regen

Frost Wall -> Cwdt
I just like that it blocks projectiles and melee mobs.

Unset Ring
Vitality
ES regen

Passive Tree

Spoiler
Keystones:
MI
The KEYstone of the build

EE
Triggered by DP (plus some elemental damage), nice damage boost

CI, ZO
I think other defensive combinations are possible, but high block chance, CI, ZO ES regen and Skellies as meat shield seem to work fine for me.

Passive Tree:
All Minion life and damage notes (skip regen and leech ones)
All ES notes,
Increased Duration notes
Aura notes
Life Regen notes
Mana Regen notes
Spell Block notes at witch
+30 str and dex notes

Ascendencies
Necro ->
Mistress of Darkness for Bone Offering Block
Spirit Eater for the Desecrate + Bone Offering Combo
Commander of darkness for damage, cast speed and resistances
Beacon of Corruption for additional Chaos damage

My current tool tip shows

ES: 5770
ES Regen: 430/s normal 776/s with sulphur.

Resis: Capped

Spell Block: 75%
Block: 59%

Mana Regen: 81/s

Skeleton Life: 4134 (they are currently at lvl 19 but I believe the life could be around 6000 with a lvl 21 gem and all support gems maxed out.

I also tried to calculate the damage, but I think I make some mistakes here...

Skeleton MI damage: 3.724/Skeleton
1364 base damage + 273% (48% (damage support) + 105% (passiv tree) + 120% (Ascendency)
I am not sure how spell totem affects the minion damage, can someone help me out here?

I can currently run 10 Skeletons with 3 Skeletons summoned each second.

The damage number increases significantly with EE and flamability.

lvl 1 DP's damage number is not too bad on it's own, killing a lot of white mobs before the skeleton explode.

Gear

Spoiler
Uniques
You don’t need any uniques to make this build work, but there are some that make it better, especially the defense. These are:

From Dust Jewel -> 3 Skellies at once = more burst damage against high DPS AoE Mobs
Stone of Lazhwar Amulet -> Spell Block, Cast speed
Rathpith Globe -> Block, Spell Block, ES, Lightning res

I also run a Fragile Bloom Jewel to get more ES regen but I am not sure on this....

My other gear is this:

Profane Wand
30% increased cast speed, none fire elemental damage added to trigger EE with DP

Rim Gaze
(For the semi useful 5 link and high ES) -> soon to be replaced by a high ES bone helmet

6S 5L Vaal Regalia
with as much ES and resistances as you can get.
Whenever I get a 6-link I will replace the efficacy support with Discipline Aura and add fire pen to the chest

Rings, Belts, Gloves and Boots for resistances, additional ES, mana and mana regen.
I currently run a Bated Breath belt for more ES
Flasks
3 Sulphor (at least 1 with bleed clear, 1 Quicksilver (freeze immunity), 1 Smoke

Offense

Spoiler
Skeleton Totem, Flamability, DP
Totem gets cast near mobs. It will cast 3 Skeletons every second right next to them. Cast flammability and shred the Skeletons with DP. They will explode killing trash mobs instantly..

Defense
Spoiler
Bone Offering, Frost Wall, Flame Dash
Shield + Amulet + Bone Offering -> 75% SB; 59% B

You gotta cast BO ca. every 11 seconds depending on the number of corpses you offer. So remember to explode the bodies and you are pretty safe.

Last edited by H463N on Sep 21, 2017, 12:22:53 PM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 11:24:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info