Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Cannot access the Den in Act 7 from Chamber of Sins

You should be able to access The Den in act 7 from Level 1 onf the Chamber of Sins. Howvere there is no way to do this in my game.

There is no ! on the map showing the secret (!) passage location. There is only 1 door icon - to the crossroads.

See attached screen print.

Character Hren_the_Hotelier
Standard League
London (EU) server
Last bumped on Nov 29, 2017, 8:13:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Maybe try following the quest tracker to unlock the exit you are trying to use.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
You need to beat Maligaro first, then Silk will give you the key to the secret passage to the den, which is in Chamber of Sins level 2, by the way, not 1. Go to the Crypt, get the Map for Maligaro's domain, then take it to the Map Device in Sins 1, beat Maligaro, then you can go to the Den.
U MAD?
this quest always pisses me off too. so poorly written. typical GGG.
right now this is a fact: you cannot finish this quest as there is NO exit in chamber of sins level 1 ANYWHERE except through the map to maligaro - and back to the crossroads.
YES this is AFTER killing maligaro - and getting the obsidian key from silk.
NO EXIT!

the only way to spawn the exit is to RESET THE INSTANCE MANUALLY.
thats just so ridiculous.
[FORGE] Guild /view-thread/1664516
[SHOP] /view-thread/393743
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join a MULTI-GAMING community including one of POE's oldest guilds???
==> https://gamersforge.com
Last edited by mythal on Nov 13, 2017, 1:58:02 PM
"
mythal wrote:
you cannot finish this quest as there is NO exit in chamber of sins level 1 ANYWHERE except through the map to maligaro - and back to the crossroads.
NO EXIT!

No, resetting the instance won't help. Once you have the Obsidian Key, you can access the Chamber of Sins Level 2. Start from the map device, and walk out in a straight line in the direction of the waypoint and the lit torches. You will always find the exit this way.
Code warrior
"
mythal wrote:
this quest always pisses me off too. so poorly written. typical GGG.
right now this is a fact: you cannot finish this quest as there is NO exit in chamber of sins level 1 ANYWHERE except through the map to maligaro - and back to the crossroads.
NO EXIT!

thats just so ridiculous.

This problem must be unique to you, or you have found some sequence of events that triggers it robustly and constantly follow it. In the course of multiple play-throughs of the game recently, while testing builds to identify what I would like to play going forward for 3.1, I have completed this in the region of ten or twelve times. (Most recently, in the turmoil league.)

I encountered this problem in exactly zero of those. I did, though, experience the first time the exit was not within visual / minimap range on the third or fourth run, and was a little confused, until I went back and explored the areas I had already uncovered, to learn that it had opened in a staircase that showed as "no door", until I got close to it after triggering the event.

When you have encountered this, have you fully re-explored the level, or just looked at the map, seen no exit, and then restarted the zone?

(I would definitely agree if you said that this could be better called out in game, with one of those big "something quest-ish happened" showing up at the bottom of the screen or something, to indicate you need to do that.)
EVERY time I have done this quest since 3.0 came out it is the same result: once you get the obsidian key, you need to reset the instance - as there is NO door to exit through. If this is unique to me that would be quite crazy as account-bound map info makes absolutely no sense. There is ONE game data file and it is the same for every player.

I have FULLY re-explored the zone many times when coming up to this quest (after killing maligaro and getting the key), and could NOT find the exit.

I dont know how to make it more clear........its the same problem the OP stated and I didnt start this thread.

For those of you who DONT have the problem - maybe your instance already reset in the time you went and killed maligaro.
If your instance resets before you come back to sins - then yes of course the exit will be there.
Usually I kill maligaro within the ~5 mins so my instance doesnt reset, and then im always confused, and have to manually reset it to get the exit to spawn.
[FORGE] Guild /view-thread/1664516
[SHOP] /view-thread/393743
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Want to join a MULTI-GAMING community including one of POE's oldest guilds???
==> https://gamersforge.com
THANK you Mythal!!! I thought I was going crazy. Resetting the instance worked perfectly. Suddenly there was an entrance to Chamber lvl 2, nowhere to be seen before. Been so fucking frustrated again and again with this shit. Now I know the solution, but ffs GGG it's dumb AF.
"
rskriver wrote:
THANK you Mythal!!! I thought I was going crazy. Resetting the instance worked perfectly. Suddenly there was an entrance to Chamber lvl 2, nowhere to be seen before. Been so fucking frustrated again and again with this shit. Now I know the solution, but ffs GGG it's dumb AF.

There is no need to reset the instance like the DEV said (and confirmed).
You need to move straight forward from the waypoint (and this piece of area is "missed" at OP's screenshot).

Moreover, i can confirm that exit "opens automatically" in the same instance of Chamber of Sins if you've managed to kill Maligaro within' 8 minutes (to not allow the instance' respawn).
Managed to do this, and no, this character wasn't "boosted" or anything; "pure&unmodified gameplay".
image inside
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
mythal wrote:
EVERY time I have done this quest since 3.0 came out it is the same result: once you get the obsidian key, you need to reset the instance - as there is NO door to exit through. If this is unique to me that would be quite crazy as account-bound map info makes absolutely no sense. There is ONE game data file and it is the same for every player.

Wow. Don't get me wrong: I am not saying this doesn't happen, I'm just saying that it works fine for me, every time, as described. So something is obviously different between us, which we can't currently know.

Can you capture video, ever relatively low quality, showing this happening? (If you have an NVIDIA card, I believe their NVIDIA Experience app supports hardware accelerated recording, so that might avoid choking down the CPU doing this.)

Because if you can demonstrate to the developers that this is happening, I'll bet they, or their QA people, are suddenly super-interested in this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info