Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Yriel's Fostering Exquisite Leather Minion question.

Hello.

Not sure if this is a gameplay question so i just decided to put it here.

I want to buy Yriel's Fostering Exquisite Leather since it's pretty good and i really like to have a hunter type character who is 'one with nature' (i'm using a ranger) so this idea seemed like a lot of fun to play around with.

However; how strong is the minion? How is the attack and health?
So i need lots of minion nodes for it to be vailable?
Honestly if thats the case it would be weird for such an expensive piece of gear.
And does each minion have a unique attack? (Like how zombies can do a slam attack).

Thanks!
Last edited by Mexiun on Sep 19, 2017, 6:08:45 PM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2017, 7:43:38 PM
not entirely sure of this but basically the minions are there to provide character to your character, they have high health naturally and provide quite a useful buff but don't really do much damage, I doubt they scale well enough with minion nodes to be a good pet but would be interesting to hear of somebody doing it.

I've got a snake one and a rhoa one and i quite enjoy both but generally minions that are worth scaling are impressive without any links and these aren't outside of their buffs.

The gears expensive because for a bow character they are high evade, high life DPS buffing chests that can roll the correct colours for your bow build, there really aren't that many of those - especially 400 accuracy mmmmm derricious.
Do you recommend i take minions nodes as a Ranger or not?
On my passive calculator i have quite a bit of minion nodes and i don't want them to be wasted if it doesn't make any difference because that would be 20 something regrets lol.

And what does the buff do?
Do all the minions have the same buff?
I don't think you should take minion nodes just for the sake of the chest. I'm using Yriel's fostering with Ursa at the moment (which one you want depends on your build).

The Ursa is not particularly tanky and quite aggressive, meaning I have to resummon ~4 times per map. The usual method to keep your golems alive is linking them to CWDT. I have tried socketing a lvl 19 CWDT into the chest but it didn't work with the Ursa. It is possible that a lvl 20 CWDT would work, but I needed low lvl CWDT anyway so I gave up on the idea. Instead I have an ordinary CWDT setup in the chest: CWDT-Ice Golem-Minion Life-Firestorm-Blind. This way my Ursa is supported by Minion Life and Blind, which improve its survivability a bit and means I have to resummon less often. The best way of keeping the minion alive is to have a fast clearing build so that enemy mobs are dead before they can hit it.
"
locobilbo wrote:
I don't think you should take minion nodes just for the sake of the chest. I'm using Yriel's fostering with Ursa at the moment (which one you want depends on your build).

The Ursa is not particularly tanky and quite aggressive, meaning I have to resummon ~4 times per map. The usual method to keep your golems alive is linking them to CWDT. I have tried socketing a lvl 19 CWDT into the chest but it didn't work with the Ursa. It is possible that a lvl 20 CWDT would work, but I needed low lvl CWDT anyway so I gave up on the idea. Instead I have an ordinary CWDT setup in the chest: CWDT-Ice Golem-Minion Life-Firestorm-Blind. This way my Ursa is supported by Minion Life and Blind, which improve its survivability a bit and means I have to resummon less often. The best way of keeping the minion alive is to have a fast clearing build so that enemy mobs are dead before they can hit it.

Okay so minion life and i guess minion resistance is good enough to make the minion survive?
Because honestly i can't stand golems dying every minute, its a small setback everytime but to me it is kinda annoying to the point i dont even summon them anymore after a while.

I put minion life and resistance into the golem which helps quite a bit though, but i notice that talents help loads too.

But what does each minion give? Specially the Ursa.
The stats are listed on the body for the most part. They all have Cannot be Evaded.
The Rhoa has an Intimidate aura: 10% Increased Damage taken for enemies around it. Extremely aggressive with its Shield Charge.
The Snake has a Projectile attack. Not the greatest fire rate, but keeps itself very safe.
Haven't used the Ursa, but iirc it has Rallying Cry? Can't find the old reddit thread with the stats anymore, and it's the one variant I don't own personally.
The general idea with Yriel's Fostering is that the critter offers Golem-like passive benefits to the player, allowing them to skip on the golem if they like and play a more thematically appropriate build. The critter itself is never going to be a significant damage source of itself, that's not its job. The Rhoa's Intimidate field is a nice damage buff for the player. I'm not faimilar with the other critters' skills and the wiki is currently useless for them, so I can't speak to those, but the critter is there to set up the player, not to do its own killing.

I personally wouldn't bother with minion nodes. They're way out of the way for a Ranger start and most reasonable Ranger builds, and if the Bestial Whatever is your only minion, those nodes are super inefficient. If you really want to boost the critter, remember that every gem in your chest slot also supports the Bestial summon. The Ursa and the Rhoa are melee attackers, but the Serpent should be able to piggyback on any projectile supports you use for whatever big attack skill is in your chest to do a bit more damage.

If you really want the critter to be a big part of your game, you can also set it up as a very nice DebuffBot. Assuming the Rhoa because it's the one I know about...6S your Fostering and use the following gems in it: Maim Support, Blind Support, Culling Strike, Melee Splash, Multistrike, Minion Life/Fortify. Coloring that will be a giant bear, but if you can? Your Rhoa would Intimdate critters near it for 10% increased damage taken, Maim them for another 10-14% increased damage taken, Blind them so they're bad at hitting things, Cull bosses or other hard targets for you, and attack everything near it very rapidly for the best possible chances of reliably applying and maintaining all these various debuffs. The Rhoa (or Ursa, but not the Serpent which needs a different set-up) would do bupkis for damage but it'd be able to do everything else for you, magnifying your own attacks and suppressing enemies for you to keep you safer.

That sounds thoroughly Ranger-y to me, and honestly like a lot of fun. I may have to put that sort of build on my To-Do list.
Never really though of making the Ursa a debuffer thats a pretty cool idea.
I'm on my way to level 61 and i'm getting near so i'll see what i can come up with aswell.

Thanks!
hmm you could maybe use yriel's fostering together with the scourge (unique claw) as a melee build and scale your damage from minion modifiers. that way you'd get a much stronger minion too.

you'd have to use a melee projectile attack like frost blades/molten strike or spectral throw or something to take full advantage of the chest's two projectile modifiers.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 21, 2017, 2:35:20 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
hmm you could maybe use yriel's fostering together with the scourge (unique claw) as a melee build and scale your damage from minion modifiers. that way you'd get a much stronger minion too.

you'd have to use a melee projectile attack like frost blades/molten strike or spectral throw or something to take full advantage of the chest's two projectile modifiers.

That'd probably be better to do on a Witch start, rather than a Ranger. Dun gemme wrong, dual Scourge Spectral Throw w/Fostering could be badass, but all the minion damage on the tree is between/around Witch and Templar, literally as far away as it can possibly get from Ranger. There's also a whole lot less of it than people think without Necromancer minor passives, especially compared to stacking projectile/physical/bow bonuses around Ranger for more traditional Rangery builds. I've tried configuring hybridy builds like that; if you can get a hundred percent increased minion damage in the tree (before Scourges) on a non-Necromancer class you're going really well.

Compare more typical weapon builds able to pick up +500% Increased basically for free with a reasonably efficient tree and...yeah. Considering all those Scourge minion bonuses can't double-dip anymore and the build would only have the one minion for those minion bonuses to affect, I'm not sure how awesome that'd be.

I mean, unless you have some Rigwald's Crests handy and start summoning big packs of spectral wolves to benefit from your stacked-up minion damage bonuses. At which point yeah, that sounds astonishingly badass. Get your Wyld Hunt on, bruh.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info