[3.1][HC] The Black Plague Berserker [Built around Death's Oath & Abberath's Hooves]

Eber's Unification could be in the honorable mentions as well, -10% chaos res.
livejamie
"
increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you Cast = DPS ? also POB dont show DPS?

If you're talking about Death's Oaths damage then yes, you can find it in PoB by selecting just like any other skill. Also yes Death Aura gets affected by aura stats.
Tears of blood, aching heart,
My dear Isildria must depart.

[Keeper] Oath keepers - Friendly EU focused guild for experienced players More info @ thread ID; 1426886
IGN; Isildria
"

Isildria already answered. -edit

"
livejamie wrote:

Sure, it gives -10 chaos res on skill use, but that's about it. We need resistances on almost all our gear, to be able to get enough chaos resist. If we went CI, i would, but on this build i would rather recommend Belt of the Deceiver :)

That being said, if you are able to fit it into your build it's an awesome damage boost!
Colorblind? - Check out the Unofficial colourblind mode!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147271
Last edited by Priory on Sep 22, 2017, 8:14:50 PM
"
Priory wrote:
"

"
livejamie wrote:

Sure, it gives -10 chaos res on skill use, but that's about it. We need resistances on almost all our gear, to be able to get enough chaos resist. If we went CI, i would, but on this build i would rather recommend Belt of the Deceiver :)

That being said, if you are able to fit it into your build it's an awesome damage boost!

Playing the CI version and use Eber's. As an Occultist, you get -20% chaos res to nearby enemies, a third curse (running Temporal Chains and Enfeeble on Blasphemy, then using the Witchfire Brew for the Vulnerability aura), the explosions which are similar to Abyssmal Cry (without having to stop and use the warcry), as well as immunity from the degen affect of the aura itself. I also managed to get 7.2k es with very cheap gear. ES gear has never been cheaper. The gloves and boots are an alch to a chaos or two maximum. Belt and boots can get slightly more expensive, depending on how effective you are at getting resistances without relying on your gear. My build is a slightly modified version of:

[3.0] Death Aura Build - Guardians done

He doesn't use curses on Blasphemy, but chooses to run Grace instead. While I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, I think the author fails to see how powerful Temporal Chains and Blight combined are. I anticipate on killing the Shaper very soon. Already at character level 92.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Sep 26, 2017, 1:12:07 PM
"
JNF wrote:
"
Priory wrote:
"

"
livejamie wrote:

Playing the CI version and use Eber's. As an Occultist, you get -20% chaos res to nearby enemies, a third curse (running Temporal Chains and Enfeeble on Blasphemy, then using the Witchfire Brew for the Vulnerability aura), the explosions which are similar to Abyssmal Cry (without having to stop and use the warcry), as well as immunity from the degen affect of the aura itself. I also managed to get 7.2k es with very cheap gear. ES gear has never been cheaper. The gloves and boots are an alch to a chaos or two maximum. Belt and boots can get slightly more expensive, depending on how effective you are at getting resistances without relying on your gear. My build is a slightly modified version of:

[3.0] Death Aura Build - Guardians done

He doesn't use curses on Blasphemy, but chooses to run Grace instead. While I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, I think the author fails to see how powerful Temporal Chains and Blight combined are. I anticipate on killing the Shaper very soon. Already at character level 92.

If i went CI, i would definately use Eber's aswell! It's a more sensible choice on an ES character. The Version of this character that utilizes Blight, also uses temporal chains. As to the choice of occultist. It definately isn't bad, it just doesn't clear as fast as a berserker with abyssal cry. The chaos explosions are too irregular and the AOE and damage isn't scaleable to any noticable extent.

It sounds like you have an awesome character though! And going up against shaper will be an awesome victory!
What were the gems in the single target staff you were using?
"
Kiku1966 wrote:
What were the gems in the single target staff you were using?

It was: Essence Drain - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Void Manipulation - Swift Affliction - Empower
What are your thoughts about the Broken Faith shield?https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Broken_Faith

Obviously less dps then the harbinger one but the leech seems to add to survival.
"
Tarko wrote:
What are your thoughts about the Broken Faith shield?https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Broken_Faith

Obviously less dps then the harbinger one but the leech seems to add to survival.

I am just gonna write for Isildria here. I don't think the 0,4% leech is enough to warrant losing the all resist, life and damage from the harbinger shield.
"
Priory wrote:
"

"
livejamie wrote:

First, gratz for the build it seems fun and effective :)
Maybe I will try it as next toon.
Just some random thoughts:
-You say that this build has more damage output than the CI occultist version. While build have more raw damage, (40% more dmg from berserker, 10% from deceiver) it does not lower the chaos resistances of monsters at all. Occultist version miss this 50% more dmg, but has a whooping -30% chaos res on monsters and 10% increased damage taken by cursed monsters!(it is working as 10% more dmg). Guardians and Shaper has 25% chaos resistances, so to do a fair comparison let see what happens on base 100k damage:
Berserker+deceiver = 100k * 1.5 (more dmg effect) * 0.75 (25% chaos res effect) = 112.5k
Occultist+Void gaze = 100k *1.10 * 1.05(+25-30% chaos res effect) = 115.5k
Do you agree that at the end the Occultist setup is giving 3% more dmg than zerker on tough bosses?
The point is: the Occultist not only seems to do marginal more dmg, but it is also skipping the 10% more taken damage drawback of berserker. Plus, the Occultist version can go tri curse, enfeeble+temp chain+ vulnerability, gettin way less received damage then the berserk, having some more trouble on fixing ele resistances(missing +15% all res from belt) but it would also skip chaos res at all.
As I see it, berserker would hae as advantage only the 25% life recover with abyssal cry, Occultist would sustain much better big hits with more EHP and damage mitigation.
I have seen lower clear speed on the occultist version, but he is totally missing the abberrath boots! I think this is one of the most important gain of your build.

-Would you use a +3 staff swapping it just for 1 second on bosses just to fire 1 essence drain that would last several seconds thanks to temp chain? so we don't need to fix resistances with staff setup too.

Last edited by engharat on Oct 31, 2017, 7:44:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info