Does GGG dont like MF Builds?

Is it just me or were all Items, with rarity / quantity nerfed?

In my Opinion it is hard to find some decent Items for a good MF Build, which is viable for t11-t15 Maps. Popular Items were Sadmias touch or Goldwyrm boots for quantity, but the quantity is really low and u get no life or res with them. And even if you get all possible items for a good amount of rarity and a bit quantity, it feels not very useful while mapping.
I remember days where the drops with MF Gear were significantly better.

Would be more fun if there were more possibilities for MF Builds..
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2017, 11:30:45 AM
Mfing just isn't anywhere near meta anymore. And yes they took away all sources of quantity that weren't unique gear and nerfed it on uniques that did.

I am still waiting for MF builds to make a comeback since ascendencies and supports become such a bigger thing. With a lot of destroying and lag issues gone (ignoring remaining ones) a full on mfer being held together with an aura support surrounded by dpsers sounds thousands of times more viable than it did pre ascendencies to make up for a MF builds inherent weaknesses.

On a more personal note, I miss the feeling of boss fights in groups I used to get playing RuneScape that I got to experience when MF farming dominus way back. Wouldn't mind an end game boss strictly to encourage a MF culler, support and 4 dps parties again.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
Is it just me or were all Items, with rarity / quantity nerfed?

In my Opinion it is hard to find some decent Items for a good MF Build, which is viable for t11-t15 Maps. Popular Items were Sadmias touch or Goldwyrm boots for quantity, but the quantity is really low and u get no life or res with them. And even if you get all possible items for a good amount of rarity and a bit quantity, it feels not very useful while mapping.
I remember days where the drops with MF Gear were significantly better.

Would be more fun if there were more possibilities for MF Builds..

There'd be no tradeoff if you could get high life and res along with quantity/rarity though would there? The real tradeoffto be made is killspeed since killing twice as many monsters in the same amount of time is exactly the same return as having 100% quantity but you get double the XP and more quantity from magic/rare/boss monsters who have IIQ and IIR built in. Ascendancies and a multitude of "more" damage gems and nodes have only further swung this in favour of killspeed.

If you really want to build an MF'er, it's probably easier than ever before (again, due to ascendancies and other powercreep added over the games life), but then you're sacrificing the clearspeed that everyone has come to expect along with shooting yourself in the foot due to the old number of runs x droprate conundrum where more MF is actually detrimental past a certain point.

At the end of the day, just throw a Bisco's on whatever the current clearspeed meta class is (wandfinder I guess, maybe an ice shot windripper for this purpose though) and call it a day.
"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

At the end of the day, just throw a Bisco's on whatever the current clearspeed meta class is (wandfinder I guess, maybe an ice shot windripper for this purpose though) and call it a day.

In this case i should be fine with my Rat's nest, Biscos and Rarity Gem ;)
Even if it feels like it´s not the same.
Last edited by DunklerKoenig on Sep 19, 2017, 9:39:23 AM
Rarity gem is a waste. Better to use another gem that will up your clearspeed. Biscos and a fast clearing build alone is more effective for MF'ing than stacking a bunch of IIR that is basically just increasing the amount of vendor trash you drop.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info