Dual Cold/Fire/Lightning/Chaos EK Totem MOM/Phasing/EO [3.0]

Disclaimer
This is my first build guide, It won't be as polished as some as the other ones on here.

It is also a work in progress, I just got to maps but feel I should be able to progress into Red maps with little issue, some minor tweaking

Core Idea: Elemental Ethereal Knives Totem Raider, exploiting dodge and phasing.

Using Soul mantle and Self Flagellation Jewel you stack a lot of Damage

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/9ff1taZL

Will update with a tree of current progress.

PROs/CONs

PROS:
High survival-ability
46% Dodge Attacks
56% Dodge Spells
MOM
Reflect Immune
High mobility
Good Clear Speed
Can do most Map Mods

Cons:
Low Life (3.5kish at lvl 90, but not as big an issue as you think).
A little slower on bosses then most builds.
Not the fastest clearer, but still reasonable.
Can be very expensive

Key Unique Items

Soul Mantle:

Self Flagellation Jewel:
Kikazaru Ring x2:

With these three items as you spam Totems you will quickly stack up multiple curses, average of 5-6 active cures at a time. That works out to an extra 100-120% increased damage from one jewel. It can get up even higher, but its more realistic to expect 5-6 active curses as you are mapping.

The rings lessen the power of each curse by 40% each ring, so two rings are -80% curse effectiveness.
This essentially removes the threat from curses.

Recommended Unique Items with reasoning

Shade of Solaris

With 2x of these, while paired with Elemental overload you will, when you crit you proc 240% elemental damage and 40% more elemental damage. One thing to take note though is Shade wands will make crits you do cause no damage. So don't stack crit through passives.

Kitava Thirst

This is how we proc our crits, I use Ball Lightning > Arc > Increased Crit > Culling Strike. You will see this procing your crits a lot during maps. The Culling strike is a nice bonus to increase clear speed. You could do Ice Spear here also for an even higher chance to proc crits. I prefer Ball Lightning as it tends to hit a lot more enemies, which is better for culling strike.

As a side bonus, arc can proc shock which is a bonus to damage.

Hrimburn

This will convert 50% of your physical damage to Cold, which stacks well with the Shade Wands.

Ring of Blades Jewel: Turns EK into a nova skill.

Gearing Options with Skill link suggestions

Helm: Kitava's Thirst Recommended. Could possibly go for another unique with a Etheral Knives enchantment. Avoid Rats Nest if using Shade Wands as it has the potential to give you more 0 damage hits. Rare Helm is another option with stats you need.

Rings: Kikazaru, key item of the build while using soul Mantle

Belt : Belt of the Deceiver, Will give you some resist, life, increase your dps and extra defense vs crits. Can Replace with a rare belt if you need to top up resists.

Weapons: Shade of Solaris wands recommended. Possibly some rare wands or even a nice staff if you want to get another 6L (you can still do dmg directly as we didn't take Ancestral Bond)

Glove: HrimBurn highly recommended as it converts half your physical dmg to cold. Could switch out to another glove if not using Shade wands.

Boots: Highly Recommend Atziris Step, very defensive bootsh because of the spell dodge and life, still good Move Speed. Another option is VoidWalker, they will give you a bit more clear speed (projectile pierce. And Some other defense with the 20% to avoid Ranged Attacks. Could also grab a nice pair of rare boots, but the dodge/avoid chance is huge on the two gloves.

Jewels: Self Flagellation, while not absolute, it will give you more DPS then any other Jewel.

Ring of Blades: Gives your EK a nova and extra projectiles.

Pacifism: With the Raider Keystones Quartz Infusion and Avatar of the Veil you'll always have Phasing if you slot in 3 of these. Which means more spell that is always active. You can skip this and try to keep up your frenzy charges or onslaught. Which is hard when you are relying on totems for the majority of damage. There will most likely be times when you will lose the phasing, thus making yourself more vulnerable.

Amulet: Rare amulet to give resists, Spell Damage and life.

Gem Links

Soul Mantle : Ethereal Knives > Added Fire Damage > Controlled Destruction > Physical To Lightning > Elemental Focus > Slower Projectiles (in order of links)

Helm: Ball Lightning > Arc > Increased Crit Strikes > Culling Stike
(when slotted in Kitava's Thirst)

Weapon 1: CWDT > Arc > Increased Crit Strikes
Weapon 2: CWDT > Ball Lightning > Increased Crit Strikes
(both give extra chance to proc a crit)

Boots: Currently Just have Clarity slotted and lvl'n some gems. Looking for options

Gloves: Blasphemy > Elemental Weakness (since your elemental damage is all types, this curse works the best)

ToDo

FAQs
Videos
Tweak Skill Tree
Leveling Guide.
Clean Up and Polish Post

Leveling Guide

Will add more here later. But lvl normally up to 49 using self cast EK, shouldnt have much issue with it as you can start using from lvl 1. At 49 Switch over to Soul mantle 4, 5, or 6 link and start using two totems instead.

FAQs (will update as I get time)

Why Raider? For the perm Phasing. You can arguably go with another ascendancy, focus on more totems, or more dps, I feel Ranger is a good balance between Survive ability and DPS.

Last edited by gryphon79 on Sep 18, 2017, 11:24:46 AM
Last bumped on Sep 18, 2017, 11:02:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info