[3.0] Mirrow arrow/blink arrow trapper

Hello, today I want to show very funny build for saboteur. It use two skills as main: mirror arrow and blink arrow.
The main idea is that you can link them to trap and cast multiple clones at once.

Important info about build:
-20-30 clones summoned at once
-Play style is safe and enjoyable(one of a kind) but not very fast
-Game AI is retarded against clones. Bosses just fight them and almost totally ignore you :)
-MOM + Eldrditch Battery
-5k life, about 2k ES(7k effective life)
-Great fps drop in boss fights ! (tons of arrows stuck in walls)

What it can do?
Most of maps. I have killed guardians with it actually, t16 bosses are not so quick but also not so hard(I killed them with 5link so ...). Better run max t15.
One map you shouldn't try is Death and Taxes, Animated Weapons don't trigger traps. It's not impossible but enough painful to not even try.

Path of Building Pastebin:

Skill tree:

Skill setup:
Spoiler

You have to wear two separate setups for mirror and blink arrow, one in weapon second in armour

Weapon/armour:
-Blink/mirror arrow
-Trap Support
-Lesser Multiple Projectiles
-Cluster Traps
-Minion Damage
-Elemental damage with attacks

I am using LMP because GMP reduces damage harder and I don't need so many projectiles(You will have 20-30 clones at once, it's enough when each of them shoots 3 projectiles not 5)

Helmet/Gloves/Boots:

-Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Increased Duration
-Wrath + Anger + Generosity
-Blink Arrow + Faster Attacks + Mirror Arrow(I didn't have idea for anything useful so put also mirror arrow for fun)

-Summon Stone Golem
-Discipline
-Elemental Weakness

Put Golem/Discipline/ElementalWeakness with 3 links(Do not link Discipling with Generosity!)

My gear:
Spoiler

Weapon:
Clones have very low accuracy so it's necessary. I have tried another ones but Lioneye grants best damage.

Quiver:
Essence of misery craft for pierce. It gives you possibility to put something better in sockets. Sockets are huge problem because of two reducing damage support gems.

Helmet:
Bone helmet without lab enchantment. Blink arrow and mirrow arrow have separate enchants so only one can profit. Additionally, bone helmet mod is same strong(which is a bit stupid).

Body armour:
Life and resists. It gives you 50% life recovery from flasks. With another 50% from tree you will have 100%(really awesome thing!).

Rest of gear are rares, mostly for survivability:

Last edited by Ywinel on Sep 29, 2017, 12:53:47 PM
Last bumped on Dec 7, 2017, 5:32:09 PM
Using a regular trap build at the moment, I'll make sure to try this one out for my next character.

I'll probs be using Deerstalker unique for a pseudo 5 link for either Blink or Mirror arrow. Then I'll use the open chest 6 link for either Victario's Influence unique for tons of auras or simply move the CWDT links to the 6 link and link Frost Wall and temporal Chains for for more CC/ protection. The penetration in the quiver should allow your attacks to go through the wall, while preventing enemy melee attacks.

Last edited by bobdaball on Sep 20, 2017, 1:24:47 PM
I tried using Victaro, used Anger, Wrath, Haste and Hatred together. Damage was a lot higher (almost 2 times higher). Survivability was good enough (4.5k life, 1.5k es) but I didn't test it on higher tier yet.
Scrolled through, no video, moving on...
Also, given that it's a trap build, the clones would be inevitably placed right next to enemies, in which case minion instability explosions are guaranteed to hit. Have you checked if that passive would add any extra dps/clearing speed, or is the clone duration too short to have any meaningful effect?
I didn't think about that. It could work well against bosses but will not improve clearspeed too much.
Explosion damage is affected by gems that apply to minions so i'm afraid that cluter traps and gmp would hardly reduce its damage(if they would apply).
I'm gonna test it, thanks for suggestion!
If you gonna build focused on minions, everything that isn't Necromancer is "Obsolete".

1.Minions will tank most of time, you not need take all life/es nodes.
2."Mistress of Sacrifice" make "Bone Offering" skill affect you plus "Rearguard" quiver and "Rumi's Concoction" flask give around 60% to block attacks/spells.
3.Necromancer also have increased damage per aura.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info