[3.0] The Honest Barbarian (Blood Magic, Starforge)

"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
I just opened PoB and saw this numbers, as i said - didnt play cyclone at all and i dont know if this a normal damage for it or no, and if u can explain me where im wrong and give some real numbers would be nice

With my current gear, flasks and warchief up and a somewhat realistic "configuration", my berserker has...
*600k Cyclone DpS with 5L + fortify gem.
*1.2 million Heavy Strike DpS (1.7 million when I check "shocked").

https://pastebin.com/cSNuiRnW

This is the kind of numbers you can expect, maybe +/- 100-200k.

A lot depends on the quality of your gear, gem levels/quality, 5 or 6L starforge, character level etc.

But you can probably get ~500k+ Heavy Strike DpS pretty easily, and this should be Guardian/Shaper viable if you know the fight and have some sort of "sustain".

Even ~200k can be fine for some people, it just prolongs the fights and makes them a lot more dangerous.
Below 200k, I would advice against entering these fights.

---

But again, as written above:
The main purpose this character was created was to play "blindfolded" due to the extreme survivability of "8k+ life + 100% leech + vaal pact". This probably isn't a thing anymore in 3.1.
I haven't touched the berserker since the patch since I play in leagues only, so I'm not 100% sure if playing him still "feels good".

Ty sir for such a great answer, ill take a look on this build, love rt so much but was afraid of lack of damage
oooh, now i see, original pob link in oppost was with RT enabled, last one with crits
TheAurang, careful with the comparative:

1) Peter's paste bin has in configuration tab some stuff added like is the enemy Maimed? this kind of configuration increase significantly dps numbers.

In the other hand in items tab, he has clicked out Flask3, 4 and 5, that also grants some extra dps.

Without these changes Peter's builds has 210ks just like your build. It might be "less" configured your path of building tool..or not :)

Two keys that also increments a lot the numbers:

1)117 tree points
2)+15 AS Cyclone on Helmet

If you really want to max the DPS: https://pastebin.com/tmvzfAEL 834ks 100% Hit chance. Although is less tanky ofc.

Last edited by clouter on Feb 1, 2018, 3:08:13 PM
"
clouter wrote:

1) Peter's paste bin has in configuration tab some stuff added like is the enemy Maimed? this kind of configuration increase significantly dps numbers.

With maim gem in both attack skill setups, I think I can safely do this. ;)

I'm not a "DpS warrior" and will not artificially increase my DpS numbers (phase run, vaal haste, punishment curse are the biggest offenders that come to mind).

You can safely check:
*enemy is maimed (support gem)
*enemy is intimidated (belt)
*you have been savagely hit recently (happens all the time)

You may uncheck flasks and warchief because they are maybe a bit situational, but there's no reason to remove intimidated and maimed, this is up 100%.

"
1)117 tree points

I just uploaded my dude, he's 95.

---

"
oooh, now i see, original pob link in oppost was with RT enabled, last one with crits

The first PoB link has RT, yes.
This is the early lategame setup, I recommend to switch into crit later.

It has a "3L DpS, 2L QoL" Cyclone for AoE clear with 110k DpS.

And a 6L Heavy Strike with around 900k DpS once you drop your warchief and use your flasks.
This is what you use for bossing, and it's definetely shaper viable.

(you'll also note I have a witchfire brew equipped, this makes no sense in 3.1)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info