Help me party up with a friend

We can party up and see each other in town (Forest Encampment), but when we go to an area (The City of Sarn) we can't see each other any more. We're at the same server (Amsterdam). We're both softcore harbinger league.

Could it be because I already did the quests in the area and he hasn't? It seems odd if you need to be at the exact same point in the quest line to team up.

I've tried leaving the city and left-clicking to choose instance, but there's only one instance to pick from - plus it's not in the city we have issues.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by sasja on Sep 16, 2017, 5:24:25 AM
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 2:49:55 AM
"
sasja wrote:

Could it be because I already did the quests in the area and he hasn't? It seems odd if you need to be at the exact same point in the quest line to team up.

No. It would only matter if one of you didn't kill Vaal and tried to reach City of Sarn, but it would say 'You don't have required quest state' when you try to enter the area.

"
sasja wrote:

I've tried leaving the city and left-clicking to choose instance, but there's only one instance to pick from - plus it's not in the city we have issues.

Do you mean left-clicking or using Ctrl + left-clicking? You should be able to ctrl+click on the entrance/waypoint to City of Sarn and see the instance with your friend's name, if he's there.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Have them check their XBox permissions.
I meant ctrl+left click, and we play on pc :)

I still have no idea what the issue was, but when we tried playing together again a few days later, we had no issues and have had no problems since. Thanks for the input!
Last edited by sasja on Sep 22, 2017, 2:50:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info