[3.0] Life based, self cast dark pact occultist. Tanky Tri-curse regenerator 16%+.

the insane MAX (low life standing still for 2 sec+) regen comes from: 8.2% tree, 6% shield , 2% boots enchant, 2% of minor pantheon after map soul capture, 1.6% marble amulet = 19.8% regen. My current is 16.27% not counting my stone golem. and you can trade off the spell crit at the witch starting area for the 1.2% regen at the templar starting area if you want for an even 21% MAX regen

pros/cons
great for mapping and labirynth
tanky
great for farming, works great w/ divination distillate
can run hexproof maps just fine

probably not HC viable
slow against some upper tier map bosses
no insane crit damage output

Required Gear

The wand and gloves provide base chaos damage to the spell while the oak provides a huge life and regen boost.

Stats

the oak along with tempest shield provides 25% block rate. the block rate on top of endurance charges, Armor, the pantheon, life amount and regen is what make this build considerably tanky

Stats from skill tree worth mentioning-
199% increased life plus 86 base life, +107 life from the 214 STR
+272 INT, +84 DEX, +214 STR
84% increased armour, 34% increased ES
52% increased AoE
148% increased DMG

more damage from gems (lvl 20): 232%, +15% from arcane surge

note: the tooltip DPS does not include the 6% of life chaos damage, the 95% more multiplier from self cast, the -20% chaos res from void beacon, or the extra crit chance from assassin's mark. i do not have the math skills to calculate out the ACTUAL DPS. sorry.

Dark Pact links
In order of priority

BBRG Curse Variants
Offensive
Defensive

Other skills/links

damage and defense can be boosted with an immortal call - arcane surge - increased duration setup. the 40% increased mana cost of skills from the wand helps to allow arcane surge to reach higher levels.

CWDT + Tempest shield + molten shell.

Spell totem + wither for single target

mid lvl clarity + blood magic. lets you spam dark pact (this is including alira bandit quest)

lightning warp as movement skill

(optional) stone golem + minion life. due to the already high life regen this has very little impact

Bandits- Alira for the mana regen and resits, mostly the mana regen to help maintain hexproof maps
Passive trees

Occultist Ascendancy
void beacon -> profane bloom -> malediction -> forbiden power

since dark pact is an AoE skill around you void beacon is the first choice, followed by the additional curse which can't be maintained till higher levels.

Pantheon
Major - Soul of lunaris. - this helps with physical defense and movement speed for mapping. none of the soul captures are needed
Minor - Soul of tukohama. more physical resistance and life regen after soul capture.
the pantheon are never changed out in this build because we need the physical damage reduction.

Jewels
we get 4 jewels from the passive tree. the most important stat is life, then damage, then resists. taking area damage will be the most cost effective damage type, while chaos damage will be the most expensive. getting resists on the jewels is important because life and strength are
more important on the gear.

Stats on gear
super high life rolls and high strength rolls are needed. some dexterity is needed depending on gem requirements. 30% movement speed or higher on boots is recommended for mapping. lastly resists as needed.

My current Gear

so what does everybody think?
Last edited by Azusk on Apr 20, 2018, 3:30:35 PM
Last bumped on Sep 27, 2017, 4:51:09 PM
Hello, i play the same build but in Hardcore.

I went for vaal pact so instead of going bottom left of the tree. I want to know, when did you went for the extra curse/effects nodes? I am currently lvl 60ish and did not work on that so far. I guess its more at the end when you are in maps.

Nice build.

i got my second curse level 55-ish. i didn't bother with the aura nodes till right before merc lab when i got the 3rd curse (you can't use the 3rd without them). i made sure to get sactity and amplify from the templar area level 30-ish for life and AOE which is more important than the curses at lower levels.

hope that helps. :)
Updated. added jewels and some explanations. added the IC arcane surge setup. added a stats section i'll add the numbers and calculations after work :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info