Can we get MTX skins tied to slot instead of items in slots?

I know this seems kind of a petty Quality of Life kind of question, but I figured I'd ask.

At the moment, MTX skins are tied to the gear equipped in the correct slots. Ya know, Harbinger chest piece replaces the look of any chest piece you wear for example. But if you take that chest off, poof there goes your fancy skin and now you're back to wearing just a plain old shirt or what have you.

It would be nice if the MTX skin covered the region is was selected for regardless of whether or not you have something equipped. Bringer of Rain for example, is a unique helm that removes your ability to wear chest pieces. With the way skins work now, suddenly the character looks weird wearing all this neat armor around a plain tattered shirt. Seriously, LOOK AT ME! If it worked in-slot instead of attached to items in the slot, things like Bringer of Rain wouldn't suddenly ruin someone's fashion sense.

This can also be applied to items that grant you gem support abilities. Currently if you have Soul Mantle, an item that turns socketed gems into spell totems, the totems are generic, so if you have totem skins, they're pretty useless for Soul Mantle Builds. But if the Totem MTX skins applied to simply all totems you cast, it would work with Soul Mantle.

So can we get these changes? Please? Pretty please?

Thank you for your time.
Last bumped on Oct 12, 2017, 1:56:29 PM
Equip a piece of body armor.
Equip BoR.
The armor stays on your character, but is disabled. You can still see it (and the MTX), afaik.
Avert thy gaze, child!

IGN: Shadowrope

Standard Warrior
I was totally unaware of this. I figured you just couldn't equip it at all. Huh, good to know.
Ridiculous as it may sound, GGG's logic is this: The reason we will not tie MTX skins to slots instead of gear/items is because we do not want players being mislead to believe they actually have certain pieces of gear/items equipped when they do not have them equipped at all.

We can argue, "Okay, well, it's simple as opening the Inventoey to ensure your gear is equipped." yet mistakes do happen by thinking you have something equipped that is not equipped, and if that were to happen to any player in Hardcore falling victim to this MTX idea tied to slots and not gear, they will cry foul about it.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Oct 12, 2017, 1:58:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info