----- 3.0 Frost Blades RT Berserker with ... Soul taker? -----

What's up guys,

The title says it all. Yes the build uses a soul taker in the main hand and a doryani's catalyst in the off hand. I really wanted a gladiator feel with the explosion and the only other way to really get that is with herald of ice, which brought me to frost blades. Ever since it's buffs and the new threshold jewels, frost blades has been quite interesting but didn't want to make any other old Raider version.

The ascendency of choice? Berserker. For obvious reason. DPS, stupid insta leech ... oh yeah and the DPS?

We get into why soul taker? It's a 330+ pdps weapon that allows to reserve all of your mana seeing as how the build doesn't use any spells. Therefore frostblades, totem bro and leap slam are all free. Also allows to add arctic armour in there for extra defense by reserving 100% mana.

Now that the little intro is done here's a point form break down.

Bandits:

Since I'm using vaal pact, oak doesn't benefit me much
I don't use crit, and I have a soul taker so the mana and multi is quite a waste
I think there's one called Kraityn but dodge and mov speed on a berserker ......

Which brings to the obvious: 2 passive points ... as most builds take this league

Skill Tree:

The tree is for my current level. I am lvl 93. If you want to push the build to high levels, get more life from the scion life wheel (constitution wheel)

The tree uses most dual wield clusters and a lot of ele penetration. It doesn't spec into specific weapon type clusters because I'm wielding both an axe and a mace.

The tree has 189% life and 2 jewels having 7% life. The total is 203% life.

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAP8ACSEAAHzG2FhjPfyMz_ZIXz8UIO8OUEfkUZd5KCqLT5tqhVLZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82cEEeWipbsAabzt4DbXyNZLYvXJsbEYyCW20qAdngHfjAdyE2Ud-vTZlTb6nYEFjcBHVV5dDMdrBdO0FLS5T029670CgIWDBi4FBNe867XTxGNsUdcjM74_fb3fX459noId2Sn1W-n8r_W6xfMPmjbnuDoGs5GqpeTOSQxOjiiP2TZKNfbGzG60Mc5Vm-WOVzO0_FfAF-Zsm3UZjpxGBelNh6896shkyASLqwzoqOJu1hMUkiw-rFr8mlWHivwgkNxbpmFf4X1_QIZDqEAAAAAAA

The Gear:

Last bumped on Sep 13, 2017, 7:24:08 PM
As you can see most of my gear scales flat phys and elemental damage with attack skills in all slots that it can.

The jewels are pretty important for this build as of course the 2 fight for survivals give insane damage and quality of life. Both jewels are placed in the ranger area of the tree.

I haven't gotten the enchant yet on the helmet for frostblades damage. The enchant on the kaom's roots for 10% pen if you haven't killed really only benefits you at guardians and mainly shaper, either than that they are nice but not a necessity.

Skill Gem Links:

Main link:
-Frost blades
-Multistrike
-Melee Physical
-Elemental damage with attack skills
-Cold penetration
-Icebite

Your sixth link is Icebite. I've tested a few things out, with faster attacks, with maim, added cold, etc.

I prefer using Icebite even against most bosses. I tried guardians and shaper with Faster Attacks which gave best tooltip dps but felt weaker. Icebites also is amazing for map clear, allows for frenzy charge generation and an extra 15% chance to freeze. Even up to t15 bosses, your frenzy charges will be ticking after the boss dies ... it's alot of damage

Movement:
-Leap slam
-Faster attacks
-Fortify
-Endurance charge on melee stun

Pretty straight forward. Because I am using the soul taker, no need for blood magic therefore we can generate endurance charges when leaping into a pack most of the time.

Auras:
-Hatred
-Herald of Ice
-Arctic armour

Again pretty straight forward. You can use herald of ashe instead of ice if you want, it'll be more tooltip by a bit but doesn't have the feeeeeeeeels good man of the shatters

Totem bro:
-Warchief totem
-Melee physical
-Elemental damage with attack skills
-Physical to lightning

The only curve here is phys to lightning. You can easily put concentrated effect instead but since I scale a lot of elemental damage and penetration on the tree, it has the possibility of applying shock which is nice.

Empty 3 link:
-Vaal Haste
-Vaal lightning trap
-Increased duration

This last 3 link is up to you, you can use a frostbite curse, enfeeble curse frostbomb, cwdt + immortal call, etc. I chose this for the extra damage against bosses and it's the only time I ever use it.

Flasks:

Flasks are up to you however this combination gives me a lot of offense and defense. I should also mention my fire, lightning and cold resistance is evenly capped for max benefit of the wise oak. Of course that changes when the taste of hate is ticking.

Stats:

Defemse
-6681 Life @ level 93
-27% phys reduction without flasks

Frost blades dps
-96k in town
-135k with auras
-160k with totem
-198k with totem + 3 frenzy charges + fortify
-316k with totem + 3 frenzy charges + fortify + flasks + vaal haste
-357k with totem + 3 frenzy charges + fortify + flasks + vaal haste + ascendency procs

Hard to grasp how much the full dps is when proc'ing all of the berserker's ascendency passives and vaal lightning trap but with 86% cold penetration (96% if haven't killed recently) .... it hits really hard

Hope you guys like the build and try it for yourseves, I'll be trying to push the character into the high 90's

Cheers!!
Last edited by BecauseIZedSo on Sep 16, 2017, 3:22:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info