THE YOYO - CWDT flicker strike - 34 lvl 20 spells per sec - good single target - can do all content

"
joebond wrote:
Hello and thanks for the guide, returning player here and I'm planning to follow your guide,
I am not yet familiar with all the new changes , I noticed you have no chaos resist, isn't it a problem vs chaos damage ?

Also would this build works on uber atziri ?

Thank you

Most life builds don't have chaos resist, you don't need to worry about this.

About Atziri, you can do all but he split stage....
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
Worfang wrote:
Hi, how are you? I make a query I saw a similar build but with Leap Slam, which should be changed to be able to use it with leap?

If you don't hit something, you will right click your way to death, Flicker strike works only when you got a target, so you can't kill yourself with it, so I strongly recommend that you don't use leap slam
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
Hi I'm actually lvl 82 and giving your build a try , I followed every step, same 82 passive tree, all 8 ascendancy unlocked, full gear with off colors and 6 links , 8 jewels...etc

But I have a big issue , survivability seems really random, I keep getting my chat spammed with "you committed suicide" message , because I randomly die when I use flicker, an example, I see a pack of mobs , they don't attack me yet , I press flicker I die instantly in place without flicker animation even showing.

Then same situation can happens 7 times without dying and suddently on the 8th time my own damage kill me again.

With that issue happening to me xping is a pain and I had to stop holding flicker and started taping it, gameplay is not as smooth but less death with my own damage, also I skip single mob because it's more dangerous than anything most of the time instant leech doesn't proc and I end up with 30% hp left so I focus on packs and bosses but like I said even those get me randomly killed with my own flicker damage even when mobs are not hitting me and I'm engaging with full hp.

So I'm starting to wonder , am I doing something wrong ?

Is there a gameplay mechanic that I missed ?

Here's my gear :
Spoiler
(x8)

Thanks for guide and thanks for help.
IGN : InfaM
"
Infa_M wrote:
Hi I'm actually lvl 82 and giving your build a try , I followed every step, same 82 passive tree, all 8 ascendancy unlocked, full gear with off colors and 6 links , 8 jewels...etc

But I have a big issue , survivability seems really random, I keep getting my chat spammed with "you committed suicide" message , because I randomly die when I use flicker, an example, I see a pack of mobs , they don't attack me yet , I press flicker I die instantly in place without flicker animation even showing.

Then same situation can happens 7 times without dying and suddently on the 8th time my own damage kill me again.

With that issue happening to me xping is a pain and I had to stop holding flicker and started taping it, gameplay is not as smooth but less death with my own damage, also I skip single mob because it's more dangerous than anything most of the time instant leech doesn't proc and I end up with 30% hp left so I focus on packs and bosses but like I said even those get me randomly killed with my own flicker damage even when mobs are not hitting me and I'm engaging with full hp.

Here's my gear :
Spoiler
(x8)

I think that you may be using a too high CWDT compare to your life pool, you can start at CWDT lvl 14 and use spells level 18 or 19 (each spell got his own level req), and go higher when you take more life. also, get the 2% regen on the boots, it will help you a bit
"
rel4us wrote:
"
Infa_M wrote:

Here's my gear :
Spoiler
(x8)

I think that you may be using a too high CWDT compare to your life pool, you can start at CWDT lvl 14 and use spells level 18 or 19 (each spell got his own level req), and go higher when you take more life. also, get the 2% regen on the boots, it will help you a bit

Thank you for advices, will try this until I reach more hp to re-lvl CWDT to 17 then and put back some more jewels.

Also how much HP are needed to use CWDT lvl 20 on that build ?
IGN : InfaM
Last edited by Infa_M on Sep 26, 2017, 4:56:13 AM
"
Infa_M wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
"
Infa_M wrote:

Here's my gear :
Spoiler
(x8)

Thank you for advices, will try this until I reach more hp to re-lvl CWDT to 17 then and put back some more jewels.

Also how much HP are needed to use CWDT lvl 20 on that build ?

4.5K is the min I think
Hey, really cool build here. I'm a little unsure of what to do about mana issues thought, this is the first MoM build I've played and I'm spending what seems to be an inordinate amount of time just sitting at zero mana waiting for it to fill so I can use Flicker Strike again. I have acuity's so that shouldn't be the issue. Any help at all would be great.

This is my gear:

Spoiler
Last edited by watstopher on Oct 3, 2017, 2:49:46 PM
Hey i started doing this build because i miss the ol' spammin' spells times
i only got a problem that needs clarifying: how to deal with mobs with dot damage? especially bosses of maps temple, bog or mobs with RF, the mana with MoM is very hard to sustain

about how to calculate the incoming damage to the cwdt i use this:
incoming damage = total mana cost * (1+extra damage from ascendancy and items/100) * 4 * (1-phys damage mitigation/100)

here's my gear:

i am using oro's due to the extra damage taken but i am not certain about the gems linked in the end
and i still carry a mana pot to spam in some cases
after many deaths i discovered that although the spells use the cwdt, since you need the acuity the crit chance is even more importante to sustain life and mana, its better to just flicker once and let the spells soak to give you the leech instead of spamming the flicker
against bosses is the opposite since you need a high BV count to help increase the mana leech
i saw your edit note saying that oro is better for your build can you link the sword or other modifications?

edit: nevermind, switched to another cwdt build, i think this one needs serious optimization for better life and mana
Last edited by Dragoon_Diver on Oct 14, 2017, 8:54:02 PM
With instant life leech being revived in Leech mastery nodes. How you feel about YoYo? This build used to be an absolute blast.
Last edited by TrueGodTachanka on Apr 7, 2023, 11:00:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info