[3.0] DYADUS SPICY MEATBALLS - BUDGET SHAPER AND ATZIRI FARMER

Hello everyone. Most of the content of this build is being pulled from a previous one from another user. It seems he either no longer plays or has not updated the thread in some time. If you would like to see the original build, please check it out here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886525

Although some items I will be displaying are very expensive, I have footage of me doing these runs early on. So far this league I have farmed 2 Disfavour axes, 6 Dying Sun flasks and 2 Starforge swords. I have since updated to a 6L but it is not needed. I have done Shaper on a 4L and Uber on a 5L both being deathless.

I discuss the DPS and life in the build overview video at the bottom of the post. I will try to answer and and all questions you may have.

Pros:
Can be very budget friendly while clearing all content in the game.
Bosses are on Farm
High life.
100% life leech.
Cannot be frozen.
Cannot be stunned.

Cons:
Trash mobs that do not deliver savage hits can kill us.
Slower play style for map clear.

Videos:
Build Overview

Uber Atziri Kill

Shaper Kills

Gear and Explanation:
Spoiler

Dyadus is the main weapon we use. The culling strike is no necessary but it helps out a lot. In 10 corruptions I hit 2 that gave culling strike.

Lycosidae means we do not need to get accuracy or move around on the tree out of our main path which allows us to get a lot of life nodes.

Ngamahu Tiki gives us a lot of damage and some life. The best in slot amulet is Xoph's Blood. I would like to suggest farming that for yourself, but I am 10 runs deep with no success.

Belly of the Beast or any rare 5L armor will suffice. As I stated before, I have killed Shaper on a 4L. The 5L and 6L just makes things a bit easier.

A rare helm with +3 projectils to molten strike is the best option, but a +2 will work with no issues. I picked mine up already rolled for 45 chaos. A +2 is going for around 15 unrolled.

For a belt, I suggest a leather belt with weapon elemental damage and high life. Use the resist on this to make all your resist the same for Wise Oak. Mine was just a resist filler for the most part.

A second option for a belt is Belt of the Deceiver. It makes the character a bit more tanky, but I feel the rare belt is best in slot.

Kaom's Roots are best in slot. This keeps us from being stunned and frozen.

Your rings should have high life and resist. For mine, I chose coral rings but used two stone rings for their resist until I found all the jewels I needed. Mine also have weapon elemental damage but that is not needed.

For gloves, I went with high life and attack speed. The attack speed is not needed but does add a boost to dps.

My flasks are pretty simple. The main flask we use is the Wise Oak flask. With this, it is best to have all the resist the same above cap. For example 90/90/90. If it is not possible for you to have all of the resist the same, make sure you have the fire resist the highest for the fire penetration.

The prioritization for jewels are attack speed, max life and all res. Getting all res on the jewels the requirements for the Wise Oak a bit easier. For more damage, substitute area damage/more attack speed/projectile damage/fire damage for the all resist.

Gems:
Spoiler

Chest 4L: Molten Strike + Multi Strike + Fire Pen + Elemental Damage with Attacks
Chest 5L: Molten Strike + Multi Strike + Fire Pen + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Concentrated Effect
Chest 6L: Molten Strike + Multi Strike + Fire Pen + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Concentrated Effect + Elemental Focus

Helm: CWDT (9) + Bladefall (12) + Firestorm (13) + Enfeeble (12)

Gloves: CWDT (9) + Immortal Call (11) + Increased Duration (20) + Vaal Lightning Trap

Weapon: Faster Attacks + Leap Slam + Fortify

Shield: Arctic Armour + Ancestral Protector + Anger

Talent Tree:
The key nodes are Point Blank, Primeval Force and Vaal Pact. We will have 100% life leech from each meatball that is instant. This makes us a very effective tank as long as we can take savage hits

Ascendancy Points:
Spoiler
The most important ascendancy point we have is Cloaked in Savagery. When we are hit with a savage hit (15% of life) we gain 100% life leech. That makes every meatball we shoot refill our life pool. After that we head to Aspect of Carnage for 40% more damage and 10% damage increase. The damage increase helps us receive a savage hit for our build.

Pantheon:
Spoiler
For pantheon choices, I use Soul of Solaris and Soul of Tukohama. These are best in slot for boss kills as we are normally stationary tanking all hits. These are just my preference though and I am sure other combinations are better for mapping.

Last edited by haxanator on Sep 6, 2017, 7:49:21 AM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2017, 9:18:48 AM
Love the build, respecced over and just absolutely facerolling bosses. I'm trying to figure out how to boost clear speed but its been a while since I have gotten to play a fun molten strike build that wasnt Molten Sprinkler.
you didn't link your helmet (cosmetic reasons? :D). i know, you wrote it in the text tho

an alternative to think about is, especially when talking clearspeed:
simply get an additional 5L chest (cheap) with spectral throw + GMP in it. this is enough dmg

tree synergizes well with MS / ST swapping. did this too in 2.5
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 6, 2017, 4:39:52 AM
"
mezzer25 wrote:
Love the build, respecced over and just absolutely facerolling bosses. I'm trying to figure out how to boost clear speed but its been a while since I have gotten to play a fun molten strike build that wasnt Molten Sprinkler.

Some people like to use sunder for cleaning maps. Swap out conc for increased aoe and it should clear quickly. I stick with molten strike for the most part because I am lazy. I jump to on pack, attack once then to the next. One attack should clear everything with no issues once you start upgrading items.
"
you didn't link your helmet (cosmetic reasons? :D). i know, you wrote it in the text tho

an alternative to think about is, especially when talking clearspeed:
simply get an additional 5L chest (cheap) with spectral throw + GMP in it. this is enough dmg

tree synergizes well with MS / ST swapping. did this too in 2.5

Not sure what happened but it should be fixed now. That would be a viable option as well if you can afford the second chest. Most people just swap to sunder for their map clear.
sustain mana ?
Leech more than sustains.
"
willdiniz wrote:
sustain mana ?

Mana is not an issue. If you do run out waiting between phases your first auto attack gives you full mana. I normally time start attacking a second before they appear.
I've been working on building this but don't have a lot of free time. So I'm not too far into it yet. Looks like getting Iron Grip and Lava Lash would be pretty effective. Any reason not to grab those? Seems like a VERY effective area to pick up some extra damage. Maybe even worth sacrificing some HP if you can afford it.
"
fishehh wrote:
I've been working on building this but don't have a lot of free time. So I'm not too far into it yet. Looks like getting Iron Grip and Lava Lash would be pretty effective. Any reason not to grab those? Seems like a VERY effective area to pick up some extra damage. Maybe even worth sacrificing some HP if you can afford it.

We don't get a lot of strength. If you want to go with iron grip, lead sprinkler is better. With the build being as budget as it is, it can kill uber atziri and shaper with no problems. We sacrifice a little bit of damage for more life. Especially early game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info