[3.0] Crit Bow Assassin - Help me with my build

Hello!

Here's what I did with Path of Building: http://poeurl.com/bw6W

I haven't played the game for ~1,5years, I just came back and I'd like to revive my Tornado Shot/Lightning Arrow Shadow. The problem is: all I can see for crit bow builds are Rangers and Scions. Is Shadow no longer a Bow class? Path of Building shows good DPS numbers with my modest gear but there are so many new things in the game that I'm probably missing something.

Gear

or

I've been looking trough builds for the past two days and can't am at loss. Help would be much appreciated!
morbo wrote:
All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-
Last bumped on Sep 8, 2017, 2:47:23 PM
Hi
In your skilltree you made a few mistakes and i fixed most of them here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAYBAQBeAx4FLQW1BiMILgiJDPINjRCSES8WvxewGY4fQSF2IzYj0yP2JP0mlS5TMHEwfDH6MjI2PTfUOdQ6QjqzPs9DMUV8R35KfUqLS3hM_02STipRR1MQVUtbr11oYeJirGVNbIxvJ3BSdO11y3X9dvd4-XsUfXV-3X8rhG-Gzod2idOMNo19jX6NuY2_j2CVBZeXmmqa8Z2qoJ-hpKOKpcun1LDYtDi0xbVIt7a747xvvTa95r6nwTPC7MSiyqnTb9N-1CPUQtmG2sHdqOHb5RnnVOpi62PtP-2D7g7vevv1_MX9bv66_sj_3g==

There are severall more things I'd do differently in my skilltree, but without your exact numbers I don't want to put forward too many changes.

You can just export your whole path of building character, then I would be able to help more thoroughly!!

As to your gems I'm a bit at a loss. Why do you have a 5l clear attack, a 4l single target attack and a 5l ts that can do both fine? What skill do you use in what cirumstance?

I would rather use these sockets to have a lv 1 cwdt + ic + id setup or use a cwdt + curse setup instead of HoI (HoI is meta as far as i know, but I don't like it)

Why do you have life gain on hit on blink arrow? The manamultiplier is actually worse then the positive effect.

And regarding your question about shadow not beeing a bow class:
You are a bit late. Until 3.0 poison assassin build were definitly top tier, but as far as I can tell they got a great deal less powerfull now. For elemental, life based bow builds there are no good ascendancy choices as shadow, so that's a problem for you.

If you want to play la I would recommend going trickster and hybrid of es+life or saboteur if just want the most stats for your old build (saboteur seems a strange choice, but he has 6 points that actually give nice stats for you and the small nodes give elemental damage).

If I were you I would look at the numbers I get as an assassin with ts and the poison/bleed nodes. I wouldn't recommend to commit fully on poison if you haven't look closely at the numbers, but poison could still be a nice bit of extra damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info