[3.0] DOT SLOTS - 800k DPS vs Shaper with Bleed and Poison! >Disfavour or Tidebreaker<

Hi guys. welcome to my new build!

Here I present you a guide for an endgame build. Fully theorycrafted, I won’t manage this league to acquire much currency to play it since I have no time to play LOL so I made
a) An alternative „economy“ version with stun, utilizing Tidebreaker
b) For you: Atziri’s Disfavour + Kaom’s Heart version

DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS

Build Info
Spoiler

This build is optimized to be able to kill endgame bosses. You will apply multiple instances of Poison & Bleed to the enemy and mainly deal damage with these dots. If you got balls you can fully go with HEAVY STRIKE (HS). Although I realized that SUNDER is actually a nice trash-clearer + also a fine boss killer. Problem with HS is, that you actually need to face the enemy. Sunder allows more kiting, which is fine as you mostly deal damage with dots.
You can use either a Tidebreaker to utilize stun (powerful, safe way for mapping and such) or if you got plenty of money you should go for the Atziri’s Disfavour version of this build.

>>>
Numbers against shaper with 20/20 (Tidebreaker) or 22/20 (Disfavour) gems while attacking+having max bleed/poison stacks on him. Ancestral Protector up, who also maims Shaper for extra +14% inc. Phys Dmg Taken
Tidebreaker – 470k DPS |||| No Shock, no Flasks – 300k DPS
Disfavour – 800k DPS |||| No Shock, no Flasks – 500k DPS

Don’t forget that you use Poison and Bleed Duration modifiers to ninja buff your DoT. So for the case of Disfavour with shock/flasks up you will deal a total of 4 Million Damage just by attacking 9 times (3x multistrike attack) over the whole dot duration. As you will have 6 attacks / second after taken a savage hit, you can imagine how fast you apply the stacks..

DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS

Build features
>Vaal Pact + Berzerker Leech
>Acrobatics & Phase Acrobatics
>Dual Curse
>6500 HP with Kaom’s Heart
>800k DPS vs The Shaper \ Damage composition: 15% Bleed, 15% Hits, 70% Poison
>1,1M DPS vs common Mobs
>Sunder for ranged, safe attacking

DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS

Gem Summary
Spoiler

Version without Kaom‘s Heart
Spoiler

Ideally your 6L is your Weapon (Tidebreaker or Disfavour). I decided to buy a cheap 6L Body armour since I have no money for a 6L Unique
Sunder
Melee Phys Damage
Vile Toxins
Deadly Ailments
Multistrike
Unbound Ailments (least priority in case of 5L)

4L and a 2L
1) In The Embalmer: Ancestral Protector – Maim – Melee Phys Dmg/Faster Attacks – Unbound Ailments
2) Boots or Helmet or Body: Leap Slam – Faster Attacks – Fortify – Endurance Charge on Melee Stun
3) Boots or Helmet or Body: CWDT – Inc Duration – Immortal Call – [Vaal Lightning Trap OR Flame Golem]
4) Boots or Helmet or Body: Blasphemy – Temporal Chains – Vulnerability/Enfeeble – Enhance
5) Body 2L: CWDT – Flame/Chaos Golem OR Vaal Lightning Trap – Inc Duration

Version with Kaom‘s Heart
Spoiler

Your 6L is your Weapon (Tidebreaker or Disfavour). This will become quite expensive tho, as you already have to invest into Kaom‘s
Sunder
Melee Phys Damage
Vile Toxins
Deadly Ailments
Multistrike
Unbound Ailments (least priority in case of 5L)

4L
1) In The Embalmer: Ancestral Protector – Maim – Melee Phys Dmg/Faster Attacks – Unbound Ailments
2) Boots or Helmet: Leap Slam – Faster Attacks – Fortify – Vaal Lightning Trap
3) Boots or Helmet: Blasphemy – Temporal Chains – Vulnerability/Enfeeble – Enhance

DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS
DOT SLOTS

Spoiler

Tidebreaker Tree

Disfavour Tree

We acquire Chance to Poison on Hit via Tree (40%) and via Voidheart (40%), so we still need 20% by Jewels. So mods for the 4 Jewels:
1) Maximum Life%
2) Chance to Poison on Hit% (which has also Poison duration, which is actually pretty OP)
3) At least [pseudo] 24% total elemental Res (when bad equipped) OR Increased Damage over Time / Generic Increased Damage

Ascendancy
1) Pain Reaver
2) Cloaked in Savagery (now you should pick up Vaal Pact soon)
3) Crave the Slaughter
4) Aspect of Carnage

Leveling_Trees

to come

Spoiler

Kill em all!

Spoiler

Helmet
Spoiler

- Source of Life, Res, maybe a bit Intelligence
- Enchantments: 30% Increased Temp Chains Effect (imo, preferred) or 40% Sunder Dmg
- Ideally high EVA/AR (least priority)

Chest
Spoiler

- Source of Life, Res, maybe a bit Intelligence
- 6L rare is cheap to acquire (~40-60c at beginning of Septembre)
- Ideally you want Kaom’s Heart for a massive Lifepool boost

Weapon / Off Hand
Spoiler

Not much to discuss here. Tidebreaker is the best Mace and Disfavour the best Axe for us.

Gloves
Spoiler

The Embalmer is an underestimated item for poison builds. Poison duration and base chaos dmg is actually huge for us and at the top of it we also get life and a pseudo 5L. So it’s a good option for
a) People who don’t have a 5L yet, at the very start.
b) Ancestral Protector (or Ancestral Warchief when mapping) because in combination with other support gems this little totem will actually become pretty powerful and also help us maintain 9 „Vile Toxin-stacks“.

Boots
Spoiler

- Source of Movement Speed, Life, Res, maybe a bit Intelligence
- Enchantments: I don’t know, probably Dodge.
- Ideally high EVA/AR (least priority)

Jewellery
Spoiler

+1 Curse Amulets are cheap nowadays. So get one with at least some Life and fill the rest (Res, Stats) by other gear. Yes, as you can see, my amulet is not ideal. Alternative can be a great amulet+Doedre’s Damning (ring) combo but we all want money sinks, right? ;)

- You will need a 40% Poison Voidheart for 100% Poison
- Get a nice Ring with Life and high Res, maybe Intelligence, to fill all the gaps

Belt
Spoiler

- Source of Life, Res.
- Nice to have: Reduced Stun Threshold

Another possibility is:

Flasks
Spoiler

- Atziri’s Promise
- Lion’s Roar
- Sin’s Rebirth (don't own it yet)

Unholy Might + Atziri’s Flask gives us a big chunk of damage (+24% DPS!!). Lion’s Roar only +3% but I like the knockback. Maybe a defensive flask is an option here.

Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 6, 2017, 6:21:55 AM
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2017, 5:17:21 PM
This build is carefully minmaxed, but if you think you got a sure improvement, you are free to share

Will make some videos soon, when I have the time.

BTW: made all calculations on my own, but if one wants to put everything into a pastebin for PoB and share it, you can post it here so i can add it to the guide ^^
Don't worry about the calculations themselves, I do this kind of things for 1,5 years now, always could beat Uber Atziri in the first week of a League. This one is tough for me tho, no time.

Happy writing
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Sep 5, 2017, 8:24:43 AM
Added a short T13 Video
Sort of a preview... Will soon make a boss compilation with probably some guardians when i get some maps
How high do you go with the vulnerability gem? Int requirements are kind of tight.
Some kill/clear videos with this build.

(no relevant mods on the Guardian maps, as I just needed completion)

Chimera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKajwqfFAN0

Hydra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTtO8fxBut4

Minotaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba6LP0EvR9A

t15 Port (Twinned)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM9azAaTFv0
Last edited by Anomulus0 on Oct 6, 2017, 5:17:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type