[3.0] Berserker Wander 5,7m+ DPS

INTRODUCTION

Hello guys, as i finished the game last week (killed shaper), I decided to share my build with others. I am not claiming any originality, as all I am using is in other people's builds in one form or another, and its a wander build so it is already quite popular. Anyways, it is a good end game build to aim for, with nice and easy progression flow, so it will allow you to experience the best POE has to offer.

VIDEO

You can check the gameplay in a t16 map in this video.
https://youtu.be/zAycPn6GyeI

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Lets you finish endgame
+ Lets you facetank
+ Decent clear speed
+ Very good single target damage
+ Immune to temporal chains/chilled ground

Cons:

- Expensive
- Cannot run no leech maps
- Requires investment in mana regen or leech

SKILL TREE

Marauder Berserker

Ascendancy Points: Crave the Slaughter - Aspect of Carnage - Pain Reaver - Cloaked in Savagery

Bandits: 2 passive points

LEVELING TREES

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

We go Unwavering Stance - Iron Reflexes. The reason is simple - we need to get hit but not one shot. With my current gear I have ~ 6k life and 40% phys damage reduction, which is more than enough for most hits. With better gear and higher life rolls, you can bring life up to 6.5k+. I also added a heavy life version which gives 250% life from tree but sacrifices a lot of damage, so use it if you want to emphasize on safety.

JEWELS

Life
Attack speed
Crit multi
Elemental Resistances

SCREENSHOTS

5,7 million fully buffed / monster debuffed POB link

https://pastebin.com/huK0VVh0

Hideout Barrage DPS

Hideout KB DPS

Defenses

GEAR

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

Just a regular essence crafted lightning damage wand. Feel free to use Piscator's Vigil if you can't afford essence crafting.

Off-Hand

Elegant Round Shield with attack damage, attack speed, life and res rolls. Lycosidae feels so subpar compared to this, however it is a viable option. Then you can remove all investments in accuracy and use the points in life/damage nodes.

Helm

BIS is Tempest Binding with +2 barrage enchant. GL with that though. Basically, any +2 barrage helm will allow you to do endgame,but Tempest Binding is much better than anything else.

Chest

Considering the very low movement speed we have due to Kaom's roots, it is highly recommended to run Yriel's fostering with the rhoa pet skill. Other option would be Belly of the beast, but not as good. The third option is a good rolled rare chest, but beware - you will be slow as a slug.

Gloves

Rare gloves with high life, projectile damage, resistances. You are welcome to essence craft them. Or you could use Thunderfist for massive damage boost to Barrage and KB at the expense of life.

Boots

Kaom's Roots with 1-160 lightning damage enchant. Rare boots are also good, but you have to use more points to get to Unwavering Stance.

Amulet

Any rare with crit multi, life, res, accuracy etc rolls. Biscos for trash.

Rings

Any ring with good elemental damage, life and res rolls. Also good - attack speed and accuracy.

Belt

Any rare with good life, elemental damage, resistances and possibly reduced flask charges used.

LINKS AND GEMS

Main DPS Setup

Barrage - Added Lightning Damage - Lightning Penetration - Elemental Focus - GMP (Slower Projectiles) - Elemental Damage With Attacks

Once you get Dying Sun and +2 Barrage enchant, swap out GMP for Slower Projectiles. Even though we could use Increased Critical Damage gem instead of Lightning Penetration, the latter is better for bosses.

CWDT Setup

There are plenty of options here.
I chose to run 2 CWDT setups:

CWDT lvl 20 - Enfeeble lvl 20
CWDT lvl 20 - Immortal Call lvl 20 - Summon Ice Golem lvl 20

Enfeeble is very important, because it will reduce the damage done by enemies hitting us. The whole point behind this build is that you go in, as close as possible, and smash monsters faces. As our damage increases substantially when hit, it is important to not die to one shots.

AOE Clear Setup

KB - GMP - Ice Bite - Pierce
THere are two options when it comes to generating frenzy charges - using Ice Bite, or using Blood Rage. While Blood Rage boosts our dps by a lot, i hated using it due to the heavy degen. If you feel comfortable using it on a VP character, feel free to do it though.

Aura Setup

HOI - Curse on Hit - Assasin's Mark - Onslaught

This will allow you to generate power charges, and give you onslaught in just 4 links.
Wrath - you put it on weapon or shield.
I have yet to test the Wrath - Enlighten 4 - Empower 4 setup, not sure if it will be worth it over CWDT - Enfeeble though, I feel it won't be.

Golem

Ice Golem feels better. The other option will be Lightning Golem, if you have low attack speed and high crit.

LEVELING

I leveled to 28 with sunder, then swapped to KB-LMP, and GMP later. Use Barrage for single target. You get plenty of rare/unique wands on the way to end game so you shouldn't have too much trouble. I started this char as SSF and transfered 1 week later in HSC.

THE END

P.S. Even though he has no idea that I exist, big thanks to MoarPizza and his build template, which helped me a lot with the stylnig:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1651524

IGN: KINGOFTHESOUTHH
Online after 19:00 CET on weekdays
Last edited by JAWVICE on Sep 6, 2017, 3:53:27 PM
Last bumped on Jan 29, 2018, 5:11:42 PM
Nice build!. It good build for new player strarter?
"
Dawid120 wrote:
Nice build!. It good build for new player strarter?

You can do just fine with yellow items, you only need the items I listed to get to endgame.
Hey!

I am toying around with a similar idea but with a templar and I noticed a few things about your DPS.

It's not shaper/Guardian, where high numbers like 5mil+ matter a lot and you show the enemy is Shocked despite the fact your Barrage can't shock. KBs damage in turn is too low to shock any boss and rare.

I have a 3 questions!

Is Point blank worth it because the Marauder leech allows you to facetank bosses like guardian/shaper? Could this build work without point blank?

What are your thoughts on Crown of Eyes?

Lastly, Is Ice Bite KB enough to maintain frenzy charges in boss fights?
"
Draqone wrote:
Hey!

I am toying around with a similar idea but with a templar and I noticed a few things about your DPS.

It's not shaper/Guardian, where high numbers like 5mil+ matter a lot and you show the enemy is Shocked despite the fact your Barrage can't shock. KBs damage in turn is too low to shock any boss and rare.

I have a 3 questions!

Is Point blank worth it because the Marauder leech allows you to facetank bosses like guardian/shaper? Could this build work without point blank?

Hi,

you shock via Tempest's Binding summoned minion, who shocks 4 targets for 4 seconds. This helm with a +2 barrage enchant is way too expensive though (150-250ex last I checked).

To answer your questions:

1. Point blank is a must. After all, this build aims to facetank, get a savage hit, and get the 40% more damage from it. 50% increased damage is too good to pass on. However, it is only needed for high level content such as guardians/shaper/uber. You will be fine without it in the lower tier maps.

2. Crown of Eyes was the first helm I used when I was still in SSF. It is a great placeholder but nothing too special. Good thing about it that it gives accuracy and a dps boost. At the expense of life, - fire res and no armor/evasion. Wouldn't recommend using it.

3. As long as there are mobs to kill, Ice Bite will keep you at full frenzy charges easily. This is the second reason why Tempest's binding is the BIS for this build (and any other build using KB as a clearing skill I might say) - it gives you innervate and ice bite, making KB essentially a 6 link on a helm.

Last edited by JAWVICE on Sep 5, 2017, 10:10:39 AM
hey man i infact have much the same build cool to see your runnin it aswell,, have you try esh's mirror? insane combo with our chest imo / great with vaal breach on bosses aswell. as an example kb tooltip sits around 150- 200k with decent clear speed.
Last edited by cheefa on Sep 6, 2017, 11:17:25 PM
"
JAWVICE wrote:
"
Draqone wrote:
Hey!

I have a 3 questions!

3. As long as there are mobs to kill, Ice Bite will keep you at full frenzy charges easily. This is the second reason why Tempest's binding is the BIS for this build (and any other build using KB as a clearing skill I might say) - it gives you innervate and ice bite, making KB essentially a 6 link on a helm.

I'm not playing Zerker(PF), but when I POB the difference Stark/Fist comes out a bit better than Binding/Gripped. Frenzy charges can be gotten from Blood Rage. Of course, this is purely damage, not counting the resistances and life from being able to use rare gloves.
I started a wander zerker a few days ago to see if it was viable. I took a completely different approach though with Lyco,EO and dual-curse. Damage is lower but more life/defenses and extremely cheap. I'm glad someone else thought about it too. Zerker is definitely the most versatile ascendancy in the game.
Done a few videos with this build so far and its not too bad. i dont even have the correct gems for barrage and its currently in 4l as my KB is in the 6l but it still does well.

[3.0]Berserker Wander - Abyss Speed Run - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrPy5YSVZP4
[3.0]Berserker Wander - Overgrown Ruin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcM0Vu2IgC8&t=9s
[3.0]Berserker Wander - Beachhead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8p1sTLdSxk
Last edited by 2pinki2 on Sep 8, 2017, 3:37:48 AM
What Pantheon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info