How to craft 5L ? 5 socket or 6 socket

Yea but i simpy see that:
6 socket = a lot more combinations
5 socket = less combinations
"
McHuberts wrote:
"
Ferumbras wrote:
It is possible to make a 5 link with only 5 sockets (whoever told you otherwise is retarded).
It is easier to make a 5 link with 6 sockets because you have multiple outs to accomplish it (and thus more chance).

Mmmmmm, I doubt that. I have never seen a 5L on 6S gear with the bottom 5 sockets connected. A 5L on 6S gear always starts with the first 5 sockets connected. Is it just a gut feeling or statistically proven?

It's just a gut feeling, and one that's wrong :p

Here's 2 of my 5links, with the links in the bottom - it's simply randomized when a chain starts and how many links the chain contains - it could be that the chain starts right away and links sockets number 1-2-3-4-5 and leaves #6 solo, or that it fails to make a chain on the first socket, and then proceeds to link together sockets number 2-3-4-5-6 so it's in the bottom - examples below:

Last edited by zoneslash on Feb 26, 2013, 10:46:57 AM
Yes, I see that now. Never saw or noticed it before.
In that case it would be logical to presume that 6S gear gives more chance on a 5L than 5S gear.

"
zoneslash wrote:
"
McHuberts wrote:
"
Ferumbras wrote:
It is possible to make a 5 link with only 5 sockets (whoever told you otherwise is retarded).
It is easier to make a 5 link with 6 sockets because you have multiple outs to accomplish it (and thus more chance).

Mmmmmm, I doubt that. I have never seen a 5L on 6S gear with the bottom 5 sockets connected. A 5L on 6S gear always starts with the first 5 sockets connected. Is it just a gut feeling or statistically proven?

It's just a gut feeling, and one that's wrong :p

Here's 2 of my 5links, with the links in the bottom - it's simply randomized when a chain starts and how many links the chain contains - it could be that the chain starts right away and links sockets number 1-2-3-4-5 and leaves #6 solo, or that it fails to make a chain on the first socket, and then proceeds to link together sockets number 2-3-4-5-6 so it's in the bottom - examples below:

U posted 2 same armor.
"
Sebash6 wrote:

U posted 2 same armor.

Well, 2 armors with the same socket configuration, yes - my mistake, i thought my older 5L was with the solo-socket on the bottom, but i was wrong ;s
Is this factorial?
i mean
6!
6*1+6*2+6*3+6*4+6*5+6*6 = number of combinations?

nvm its combinations how to get 6 socket..

still thinking how to calculate 5l or 6l

6x5 = 30 combinations?
Last edited by Sebash6 on Feb 26, 2013, 10:57:57 AM
There's an ambundance of threads concerning the mechanics of links..i'd suggest you consult those.
IGN: Gahrlaag
Wiki - http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Move de sync from de bathroom to de kitchen for better flow!
crisis solved.
give me link with some legit calculate, i dont wanna see images with armors.
I wanna see some PROOF and formula what is chance with 5s and 6s to make 5l or 6l
Last edited by Sebash6 on Feb 26, 2013, 11:00:18 AM
2 possibilities out of 2^6

every link is rolled by itself, if one roll other than 1 or 6 is a 0 ther will be no 5 Link
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Feb 26, 2013, 11:21:23 AM
"
Sebash6 wrote:
give me link with some legit calculate, i dont wanna see images with armors.
I wanna see some PROOF and formula what is chance with 5s and 6s to make 5l or 6l

Proof is going to be a no-show unless GGG decides to share the sourcecode behind the game and the RNG mechanics of fusings and sockets :p

BUT.. here's a fairly comprehensive thread about it, stating some decent-looking probabilities, though proven they are not, just reasonably expected if the mechanics of the rolling Work the way Chris has previously eluded to :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503/highlight/
Last edited by zoneslash on Feb 26, 2013, 11:21:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info