[3.0] SRS Necro - Victario's Influence budget group/solo build

Introduction

This is an SRS (summon raging spirits) build that focuses on the chest armour Victario's Influence that was buffed in version 2.6.0

The aim is to stack a large number of buffed up auras to empower our minions. This is acheived by the massive level 30 generosity effect of the armour, along with the 30% reduced mana reservation for auras. Many builds use the blood magic keystone to run multiple auras; instead this build stacks reductions to mana reservation which become more effective as more reductions are added.

Since minions will be doing mainly elemental damage, we enhance this with elemental weakness and elemental equilibrium from a lightning spell

This build is capable of solo mapping with all mods, killing all bosses, and is very welcome in groups where the auras can have an even greater effect.

Gear

Gear
This build requires next to no investment, the gear below is able to solo all content

The three uniques required for this build are Sidhebreath, Alpha's Howl, and Victario's influence:

Sidhebreath for minion damage and casting cost reduction, Alpha's Howl to provide reduced reservation and +2 levels to aura gems, and Victario's influence for massive reservation reductions and generosity support.

The remaining items are rares to fill out life/ES and resists. The build is hybrid but life>ES in most cases:

Get rare glove with less than 3 prefixes so you can craft increased minion damage.

6L staff is basically required, these can be bought quite cheaply along with an essence to achieve +2 fire gem levels (better endgame choices are discussed in "Build variations" below).

No specific flasks are required, 2*health flasks with at least one staunching flask is recommended. 1*mana flask is also needed for no regen maps.

Links

Staff link (main skill)

Support gems target elemental over physical damage since the auras add so much elemental damage that the phys gets left behind, empower is also not that powerful here. Melee splash is for mapping and can be swapped for multistrike against some bosses (that don't spawn many adds e.g. hydra). Addtional accuracy is surprisingly powerful since the basic accuracy of skulls is so low. Ideally all these gems should be 20% quality and the SRS gem should be corupted to level 21.

Helm link

The helm should contain the auras intended to affect you. Clarity and haste are required, but discipline can be swapped out for something else. Gems in the helm lack the 30% reduction from Victario's so enlighten is useful here.

Chest links

Hatred and anger are required to buff damage with SRS, wrath is optional but is useful against Shaper/Guardians where ele weakness is near usless. Anger>Wrath since skulls already deal fire damage and we use elemental equilibrium

Since most damage dealt is elemental, ele weakness provides the biggest boost to DPS. This can be swapped for a defensive curse if preferred and is best left off against Shaper/Guardians due to 80% less effect of curses against them.

Glove/boot links

Utility spells all linked to faster casting. Ball lightning is to proc elemental equilibrium but any other lightning spell (e.g. orb of storms) can be used. Flame dash, flesh offering and faster casting should be 20% quality.

Zombies are there to tank, cull, and maim. Lightning golem boosts cast speed. Maim could be swapped for vaal summon skeletons (but you will start to run out of buttons for skills).

Desecrate will probably end up in either the helm, chest, or minion link due to a shortage of slots.

Skill tree and jewels

Tree
Finished level 92 tree

Bandits = Kraityn

Pantheon = Soul of the Brine King (cannot be stunned if stunned in last 2 seconds)
Enhance with Fragment of Winter (chill has 50% effect on you)

Minor pantheon = Soul of Ryslatha (life flasks gain 3 charges every 3 seconds if you haven't used a flask recently)
Enhance with The Winged Death (60% increased flask life recovery when low on life)

Jewels

Conqueror's efficiency is required, other two jewels are rares.

Explanations

The build picks up the majority of aura cost reduction nodes on the tree, picking up plenty of minion damage and life/ES along the way. Increased aura effect and area are found along with the mana reductions, boosting damage even further. The build could be tweaked to have more jewel sockets at the cost of life/ES if required.

Multiple sources of reduced mana cost are taken as a cheap way to make casting SRS sustainable. This stacks well with the reduction already found on Sidhebreath. With sufficient mana from gear, some of these points could be allocated elsewhere.

Elemental equilibrium costs on 1 point on the tree and is essential for cutting the resistances of major bosses.

Flesh binder and beacon of corruption are interchangeable. Currently I use flesh binder but plan to use beacon of corruption to achieve high chaos resistance. Another possibility is to allocate both of the minor nodes for maximum minion damage.

Playstyle

This build will use up all your buttons. All your auras will need to go on one button, this is fairly tedious so try not to die.

For mapping cast desecrate/lightning spells at a pack to direct your zombies there and start spamming spirits. If you can take a couple of hits run/dash past the pack and start casting next to the next pack while the previous one is cleaned up by the skulls. Target blues and yellows with your lightning spell so that elemental equilibrium will trigger on them. Make sure that flesh offering is active at all times, use desecrate if you need to.

For tough bosses cast some desecrates on the floor first and then stack up some spirits before the fight triggers. Most fights can be finished fairly quickly this way.

Build stats

Current

6.2k EHP 4.3k life/1.9k ES

34k raw DPS per skull, buffed to 62k with elemental resistance reductions.

Ideal

60k raw DPS per skull, buffed to 106k with elemental resistance reductions.

Build variations and enhancements

Weapon choices
Most obvious enhancement is to get paragons mod (+1 all gems) on the staff as well. This can be crafted but will still cost several exalts.

Femur of the Saints lacks cast speed but the duration would make up for it. Vaal summon skeletons would provide a large boost to damage for tough encounters (especially harbingers and breaches).

Queen's Escape provides a large boost to minion speed, which is helpful for faster mapping.

Helm choices

With an enchantment reducing the mana cost of a reservation, as well as high level enlighen or skyforth boots the helm could be swapped out for something more powerful. A unique such as Devoto's devotion or Rat's nest could be used, or a rare bone helm which has a huge 40% increased minion damage as an implicit (you would need to skip the enchant). Other helms could get a 40% increased SRS damage enchant but this is hard to achieve

Corrupted chest

The Chest can be corrupted to have +1 all gem levels, good luck with that.

Using spectres

The ape chieftains could be used to provide frenzy charges to your minions, further enhancing their damage. Alternatively a tanky spectre might stay alive in difficult boss fights.

MF changes

Bisco's collar can be swapped for Sidhebreath without too much difficulty. Further tweaks can be made (e.g. IIQ support) depending on the tier of map you wish to MF in.

Last bumped on Sep 17, 2017, 11:31:25 AM
Thank you for the effort. I am currently using your build, and have some questions.
The main question is about "Elemental Equilibrium". - If you use any of the auras that add elem damage (such as anger e.g.) they add that kind of elem damage to your spells as well, which creates a conflict. Let's say I am using Anger aura which adds fire damage to my spells. It means that as soon as I cast a lightning spell on monster having Elemental Equilibrium, that monster instantly gets resists to both Lightning(from spell initially) + Fire (because of Anger mechanics). This makes the usage of any + elem damage aura burdensome since Elemental Equilibrium will make monsters resistant to the potentially both lightning and fire. While lightning resist is not crucial, fire resist is really what we are trying to avoid\decrease. So there is a choice either Elem Equ or anger aura. What do you think about that?
"
Ravenloft007 wrote:

The main question is about "Elemental Equilibrium". - If you use any of the auras that add elem damage (such as anger e.g.) they add that kind of elem damage to your spells as well, which creates a conflict.

Hey there, I'm not the writer of this awesome guide but let me help you out.

Wrath, Hatred and Anger are socketed into the victario chest. The chest says: "Socketed gems are supported by level 30 generosity." And Generosity says: Supported Non-Curse Aura Skills have (20-39)% increased effect. Supported Auras do not affect You."

So your Spirits benefit from all the auras while the player is not affected by them and is able to use spells to trigger Elemental Equilibrium.

Greetings
Whats the point in using EE via Ball Lighting and using Wrath aura? IMO its waste of reserved mana.

Add Accuracy is one of the worst gems you could use in your 6th link. There's many gems that benefit much more SRS.

Empower lvl4, Minion Speed, Melee Physical Damage, Culling Strike, Ruthless. In that case MPD is mandatory since SRS convert 50% of their physical damage in fire damage.

I've been playing SRS since 2.2 and believe me when i say that nothing can overcome Empower lvl4 when we talk in buff SRS damage on 6th link. Forget this accuracy gem, cuz your SRS don't need this, even if PoB say it does.

TL;DR:

SRS on 6link (to clear the map):

SRS + Minion Damage + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Empower lvl4. In that order.

If you can't afford Empower lvl4, use Minion Speed.

SRS on 6link (boss fights):

SRS + Minion Damage + Added Fire Damage/Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Empower lvl4. In that order
I just bring the truth!

Last edited by RenanLamante on Sep 13, 2017, 7:34:44 AM
"
RenanLamante wrote:
Whats the point in using EE via Ball Lighting and using Wrath aura? IMO its waste of reserved mana.

Well I was surprised by this, but even wrath outdoes ele weakness in terms of shaper/guardian damage (the attack speed boost from necro auras just about tips the scales). There's nothing else worth reserving and regen is fast enough that only having a sliver of the globe is enough.

"
RenanLamante wrote:
Add Accuracy is one of the worst gems you could use in your 6th link. There's many gems that benefit much more SRS.

I believe POB, but I should probably do some testing since I've seen no empirical evidence that the accuracy is correct. If POB is wrong then a lot of builds (especially those using lycosidae) will need to be reconsidered

If POB is correct, additional accuracy is better with worse gear (+2 staff 20/20 gem), but is overtaken once you have a +3 staff and a 21/20 SRS gem. Raising the gem level naturally improves the accuracy, so the additional accuracy gem has less effect. I will add this to the guide as a progression point (assuming that testing shows POB is correct, otherwise I'll need to reconsider)

"
RenanLamante wrote:
SRS + Minion Damage + Melee Splash + Melee Physical Damage + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Empower lvl4

In the case of good gear this is almost correct, ele focus edges out MPD here due to the added damage from the anger aura.

I also like the suggestion of using minion speed, the DPS is negligible but the mapping potential is good

"
RenanLamante wrote:
SRS + Minion Damage + Added Fire Damage/Multistrike + Melee Physical Damage + Elemental Damage with Attacks + Empower lvl4

Multistrike >> added fire, ele focus > MPD. Also possibly ruthless > multistrike (I didn't realise ruthless scales all the damage and not just the phys, so anger benefits too), of course the effective DPS of ruthless may still be lower since each skull won't always be able to make a round multiple of 3 attacks

"
Ravenloft007 wrote:
Thank you for the effort. I am currently using your build, and have some questions

Hope it's working out for you, I'm glad someone else hopped in to answer your questions (thanks Maroukh).

I've actually changed my build quite a bit since I wrote the guide, I've moved away from the ES component and I'm basically running a life build now. You lose a bit of EHP, but you can fit in 2 more jewel slots and there's room for wrath in the armour and vaal haste in the helm. Both of these tweaks make mapping a lot smoother (there's no need to use EE on most mobs so the wrath boosts clearspeed a lot, also the +25% resist from EE isn't much compared to the ele weakness aura). Look up "PlanktonSRS" on my profile if you want to see the changes I'v made

I don't regret starting with a hybrid version though. It was much easier to gear (free EHP from discipline) so I think the guide stands as it is.
Last edited by Planktonboy on Sep 17, 2017, 11:39:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info