Winners of the Well-dressed Exile Competition

Congratulations to the winners!
I liked Natural Top winners. (Apart from the witch in the top 3 :S Too plain)

I would love to see the developer reactions, when they had to select winners.
Where they astonished by all the Power Ranger stuff they've put into the game?

For a dark and gritty game, players sure do look like some Super Hero Power Rangers about to summon their Zords.

Truly few items look they belong to the game.
Moreover players are given option to min max MTX to their liking and the result usually is

Wish there was option to turn off all visible MTX.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Aug 30, 2017, 5:01:05 AM
"
mattislouie wrote:
I am upset with how that is the grand prize winner... the prophecy weapon effect and the footprints kinda ruined the theme of the look, I don't see how you thought that was the best looking.

Initially my reaction was also that the prophecy effects seemed out of place (I probably would have gone with more frosty effects), but on further consideration I think I can see why it works. For one, I bet the purple lighting from the effects looks pretty awesome reflecting off the armor and ice shards on his back. The purple also gives it a bit of a distinctive accent to offset the blues without outright clashing. And while just using the weapon or footprint effects alone would seem a bit random, using them both gives the outfit a degree of coordination that suggests we are meant to think of this as more than just another avatar of ice; there's an element of darkness here. Anyway, that's my take on it, for what it's worth.
*throws random blue and purple shit on*

YOU WIN!

"um, thanks I guess.... wait seriously?"
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Well, it seems that winners are really didn't make all that photoshop-like screenshots. It were made by GGG. So it was fair in that way.
This grandprizer one looks very ugly. Like most of recent MTXes. Weird tastes
Last edited by Trayen on Aug 30, 2017, 5:03:07 AM
"
WiseGuard wrote:
Congratulations to the winners!
I liked Natural Top winners. (Apart from the witch in the top 3 :S Too plain)

Actually, I liked that witch the best. I like outfits that say something about their characters both in terms of play style and backstory, and that one did both for me (even before I checked out the original entry titled "The Minotaur's Daughter"). Just one look tells me that this is some sort of pyromancer who has somehow been cursed with demonic hooves, perhaps as a result of some infernal pact. That's the sort of thing that makes me want to play the character myself.
Damn thats a cool ass t-shirt, I wants :)

So how long before we mere scrubby looking mortals get acces to that shirt? The other guys already look good, instead give access to everyone who didn't win so we can look good too :P

GZ in to all the winners.

edit: wait, so winners was just chosen by GGG? :((the crystal back attachments presence makes sense now)
Last edited by daFalk on Aug 30, 2017, 5:37:36 AM
Were the premium winners picked based on how well they could bait new players into buying MTX?

Most of them feel pretty gaudy.
The effect in the image, position, etc, was the GGG who applied. This is my original image:
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Last edited by Carrasco_Santo on Aug 30, 2017, 5:43:10 AM
This one has to be Horace the hushed. Nicely done MOUP9Kcz!

IGN: @Perfectly_Balanced | Timezone: CET/CEST

Every mirror item is #1 on Standard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info