3.1(Updated) - Low Life Pure RF Guardian 1.3 mil DPS/4300 regen - Facetank ALL content!

Hey folks, me again with my hipster take on LLRF.

Since I started playing PoE, I’ve always wanted to make a build that screams “Standard”. Something you could only make on standard that required a heavy item investment but yielded amazing results that could breeze through all the game’s content.

I tried several times and whenever I’d find something, it would get nerfed. It happened to my VMS build, my proj speed spark build, my old firestorm build, my chain vortex build, my Stampede build, etc. Basically I got fucked hard one too many times and decided to go with a safe bet; Righteous Fire.

While this build utilizes Scorching Ray to proc certain things, it is not a SR build. This is purely RF damage. And damage you will do. If you want a SR/RF version, you can view my buddy Ahfack's awesome version: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1840270

---------------Videos---------------

Shaper/Guardians/Breach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvXiAk88FgM

T15 Elder/Elder Guardians
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bdbxl4q2fE

Fast Atziri Run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NreLsNgFUE

Full Atziri run using only the essence boots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-A3Ku3S_WM

Please tell me what you would like to see me record that seems relevant and I'll add it here.

---------------Items---------------

Spoiler

Like I said in the prelude, I went for costly items.
- If you cannot afford or acquire a +2 fire gems shield or scepter, you can get a +2 fire gems elreon ring for your purity of fire.
- If you cannot afford or acquire fire trail boots, you can get normal ES boots. You can watch the video above to understand why I’m using them tho.
- If you cannot afford or acquire a pure fire/degen scepter, you can use a doryani’s scepter.
- If you cannot afford or acquire a +1 curse Chayula, you can get a +1 curse and ES amulet. Stuns might be an issue at times with certain bosses, but it’s not too threatening given your regen/tankiness. Or you can use a normal Chayula but you’d be losing a lot of damage.
- If you cannot afford or acquire a +1 max res shavs, you can use a normal Shavs.
- If you cannot afford or acquire a legacy shav ring, you can get a new one.
- If you cannot afford or acquire legacy ES items or many of what’s above, then maybe this build isn’t for you.

---------------Tree/Jewels---------------

If you'd rather upload my character to Path of Building, here's my info:
Account name: Simplesim45
Character name: HarleysCousin
Pastebin (with configs): https://pastebin.com/gpZKXd85

Jewels

You'll notice I didn't go pure ES. I felt that after breaking 12k, it was more efficient to acquire damage. So I got what was most efficient in path of building. As for jewels, with the new burning mod, you should prioritize burning/ES + any other relevant mod. It's basically the equivalent of a 4 mod jewel. And if you get a 4 mod jewel with burning...well fuck you :( I want it.

---------------Flasks---------------

Spoiler

For mapping I highly recommend the Phasing flask to walk through mobs (like my abberath's build). You can use another damage flask if you're gonna do Shaper.

---------------Gems---------------

Spoiler
CWDT (Level 1) → Ice Nova // Arctic Armour (Unlinked)

CWDT (Level 21) → Stone Golem (Level 21) → Purity of Fire (Level 21) (This only works in a +2 Fire gems item)

Blasphemy → Elemental Weakness → Flammability → Enlighten (Level 4)

Blood Magic (Level 21) → Vitality → Discipline → Enlighten (Level 4)

Righteous Fire → Elemental Focus → Increased Burning Damage → Concentrated Effect/Increased Area of Effect

Scorching Ray (Level 1) → Charged Dash (Level 1) →Cast When Channeling → Increased Critical Strikes → Shock Nova (Or any cold/lightning spell of your choosing. Just pick something with a high base crit chance) → Fortify

The 6 link may look odd, but it;
- procs Fortify.
- Allows you to jump over ledges.
- Reduces enemy fire resistance.
- Procs Elemental Equilibrium.
- Procs Elemental Overload.
- Has zero mana cost.

---------------Map Mods---------------

Here are the map mods you CANNOT do:
- No regen.

Wew...what a list!

Here is a list of map mods you cannot do if there are 2 or more at the same time;
- 60% reduced regen.
- -max res.

That's pretty much it. You can easily do either of those mods on their own. The 60% reduced regen can be a bit annoying in breaches tho.

---------------Stats---------------

Conclusion

It's a pretty straightforward build that uses niche items. It's a low interaction build that'll remind you of 2.6. Facetank shaper smash beam, guardians, Elder, Elder Guardians, walk through breach swarms, etc. It does everything.

Notes for myself to add later:
- More videos
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Dec 29, 2017, 9:33:51 PM
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2018, 1:21:38 PM
Hi,

Any leveling advice, how do you go from zero to hero?
"
enforcer85 wrote:
Hi,

Any leveling advice, how do you go from zero to hero?

I tend to pick an efficient skill I like (firestorm, magma orb, etc) and level then respec whatever points are not relevant to the main build and slap my gear on.

Doing level 1 to 68/69 is a breeze and once you're 68/69, you can pretty much swap over to RF and start mapping right off the bat.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
does that build really work in 3.0?
the 20% reduced dmg over time from shield got reduced to 5% as far as I know, so you would need to use a rise of the phoenix shield which would reduce your ES quite a bit.
also I could find any prescence of chayula in HHC league, so it might be also
difficult to get the ES from there.

How the hell did you manage to get 12k ES in 3.0??? Can you please share a Path of Building import? Also chest is missing in your items - as LL I assume you're using Shavronne's Wrap?
Last edited by enumag on Aug 31, 2017, 11:52:31 AM
"
Mephos wrote:
does that build really work in 3.0?
the 20% reduced dmg over time from shield got reduced to 5% as far as I know, so you would need to use a rise of the phoenix shield which would reduce your ES quite a bit.
also I could find any prescence of chayula in HHC league, so it might be also
difficult to get the ES from there.

If you read the premise, I mentioned this build was specifically meant for standard. It uses difficult-to-acquire items and legacy stuff.

"
enumag wrote:
How the hell did you manage to get 12k ES in 3.0??? Can you please share a Path of Building import? Also chest is missing in your items - as LL I assume you're using Shavronne's Wrap?

Ah thanks, I didn't notice! Fixed it.

Added the PoB link as well.

Last edited by Simplesim45 on Aug 31, 2017, 9:35:19 PM
Bump
Added a video
Added video of clearing a map with essence boots
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info