3.0 Dark Pact Poison Totems

NO LONGER SUPPORTED

UPDATES&CHANGELOG

>Added T14 Springs video to GAMEPLAY section!

LEVELING

>I leveled with essence drain + contaigon combo till i was able to use the totems at about ~53.

>Getting a jewel slot and hidden potential unique jewel early on is extremely usefull!
I used all magic items (+1 chaos gem wands) and a goldrim which carried me a long way.

>Prepare your gems, buy high quality, low level gems (Q18-20 Lvl.1 gems are like 1-2 chaos) and lvl them along the way.

GEAR

required

>Soul Mantle the item the build is build around, allow us to get an additional totem but curses us every time a totem dies or is replaced. Also provides an additinal gem link since it has build in Spell totem support.

>Kikazaru two of them plus the guardian ascendancy makes us immune to curses countering the downside from soul mantle.

>Consuming Dark provides 60% chance to posion with chaos damage, paired with the passives we got in the passive tree we hit 100% chance to poison!

>Self-Flagellation Since we are almost always cursed this is a solid damage boost!

recommended

>The Embalmer If you can get your resistances capped this is a good choice solid life and posion duration to boost our damage.

>Lioneye's Remorse I took it for the huge amount of life it provides, you can also use a rare shield if you need resistances, also nice to have cast speed, mana, mana reg on a rare shield.

current

JEWELS

GEMS&LINKS

The Build works quite well on 5L i added a video using a 5L to the GAMEPLAY section.
The links are in order dmg wise for my current set up and gem lvls.

>Soul Mantle : Darc Pact > Unbound Ailments > Deadly Ailments > Void Manipulation > Vile Toxin > Added Chaos

Everything else can be placed where ever it fits in

>Wither > Faster Casting > Increased Duration > Arcane Surge (lvl.7)

>Shield Charge > Faster Attacks > Fortify

>Arc > Curse on Hit > Faster Casting > Vulnerability

>Clarity

PASSIVES

ASCENDANCY

PoBpastebin
https://pastebin.com/RcQEgwHA

Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
Last edited by Shareware on Sep 26, 2017, 12:55:10 PM
Last bumped on Oct 13, 2017, 2:22:23 AM
this build is fucking lit my scion is lvl 79 just transitioned to this build and its absolutely recking t12 t13 t14 also very defensive with cwdt ic and mind over matter holy Makkaroni and the dmg is just sick with the wither stacks
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
How is this build for scion it isnt connected to any of the scion starting point
"
ELEMENT__ wrote:
How is this build for scion it isnt connected to any of the scion starting point

Path of the Templar allows you to start at the templar location so you dont need to conect to the scion.

Interesting, I came up with similar idea for this season. Except i am building around direct damage and crit
Why Kikazaru instead of Thiefs Torment?
"
Feracitus wrote:

"Can't use other Rings"

so i wont get 100% reduced curse effect
"
Shareware wrote:
"
Feracitus wrote:

"Can't use other Rings"

so i wont get 100% reduced curse effect

can´t you use 2 thiefs torment then? i was under the impression you cant use any other rings!
I have a couple of questions after a short review of the build.

I absolutely hate totem builds. I didn't like the Berserker flavor Dark Pact builds. When I started reading the mechanics of this build with Self-Flagellation I was sold. It's tough leveling, but I went out of the Scion area near the life wheel picking up Totemic Zeal and only ended up refunding 5 points. It doesn't feel like your average templar/chieftain totem builds with staying busy with Arc and Wither. The power of this build, even early on is astounding. I consider myself a relatively new player, picking it up half way through Essence League almost a year ago. This is by far the most brilliant build I've played. I'm 75 with an envy essence amulet so I'm pretty strapped for resists. I had a 40% Dark Pact Devoto's I got cheap for the berserker build, so I'm going to have to pack some resists in on jewels in order to equip my Embalmer's Gloves. I'm glad I recognized the gameplay would be different than other totem builds and gave this a chance, it's the most fun I've ever had.

My question. Picking up the 2 attack and cast speed nodes in Totemic Mastery gives me slightly more dps than the life. I know Dark Pact is based on total life and with Soul Mantle it's a lot, so is it possibly worth getting totem life on jewels?

Second, because of my playstyle and the pantheon Soul of Tukohama I'm considering switching from Shield charge, to Lightning Warp, Lesser Duration, Faster Casting. I know lightning warp doesn't break Arctic Armor's stationary requirement, but I was wondering if anyone knew about it breaking the Tore bonus of Tukohama.

Thanks for this awesome build.
"
chadbishop wrote:
I have a couple of questions after a short review of the build.

I absolutely hate totem builds. I didn't like the Berserker flavor Dark Pact builds. When I started reading the mechanics of this build with Self-Flagellation I was sold. It's tough leveling, but I went out of the Scion area near the life wheel picking up Totemic Zeal and only ended up refunding 5 points. It doesn't feel like your average templar/chieftain totem builds with staying busy with Arc and Wither. The power of this build, even early on is astounding. I consider myself a relatively new player, picking it up half way through Essence League almost a year ago. This is by far the most brilliant build I've played. I'm 75 with an envy essence amulet so I'm pretty strapped for resists. I had a 40% Dark Pact Devoto's I got cheap for the berserker build, so I'm going to have to pack some resists in on jewels in order to equip my Embalmer's Gloves. I'm glad I recognized the gameplay would be different than other totem builds and gave this a chance, it's the most fun I've ever had.

My question. Picking up the 2 attack and cast speed nodes in Totemic Mastery gives me slightly more dps than the life. I know Dark Pact is based on total life and with Soul Mantle it's a lot, so is it possibly worth getting totem life on jewels?

Second, because of my playstyle and the pantheon Soul of Tukohama I'm considering switching from Shield charge, to Lightning Warp, Lesser Duration, Faster Casting. I know lightning warp doesn't break Arctic Armor's stationary requirement, but I was wondering if anyone knew about it breaking the Tore bonus of Tukohama.

Thanks for this awesome build.

- i didnt pick the nodes for the life i wanted to cap the res of the totems which helped alot on guardians the attack/cast speed nodes were planned for higher lvls though.
- not sure about totem life on jewels would need to test in PoB and compare prices tbh.
- dont think the pantheon bonus is worth giving up fortify you gain by using shield charge, regardless i breaks or breaks not with LW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info