General Feedback

(X-Posted from Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6w9dhi/xbox_feedback_thread/)

Name lock targeting has some issues as discussed in this post https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/6w5ull/xbox_name_lock_needs_to_go/

Some of the hotkey choices are counter intuitive. Like exiting the inventory screen or really any menu screen should be B button. Yeah, I get B is bound to a skill and the game doesn't pause when you enter the menu, but I've been taught by every other XBox game to use B to exit menus and inventory screens. Even after hours of playing, my muscle memory still automatically goes to B every time only to remember it's a different button. I know it seems petty and maybe its just me, but certain keys in XBox have been engrained to do certain things and deviating from that can create a really frustrating and annoying experience, instead of a fluid and intuitive one.

Something is off with the radius for highlighting loot with RS. There is times when it won't cycle onto an item that it should, given my characters position and proximity to it and other items it can highlight without moving my character.

RS highlighting of NPC names gets funky at times. I was trying to interact with Oak, for example, and RS highlighting would just not work. On top of that, no matter where I moved, it would always highlight one of his henchmen. The only time it would highlight him was a brief second when I was moving past him. I had to walk back and forth and spam the A button until I managed to it at the exact moment he was highlighted.

RS should cycle through highlighting both PC and NPCs it town. Doesn't seem to be away to target a specific player for trading in a crowded town, outside of moving into a position where that player gets highlighted on it's own.

An option in the UI to display the health and mana totals on the bars themselves instead of only on the character sheet would be great.

This is petty, but the smart potion mechanic would be even better if when you had multiple quicksilver or identical utility flasks, it would take charges from them in round robin instead of depleting one and moving on to the next. I could see a lot of players disagreeing with that though.

Tutorial system is great, but Xbox players aren't like PC players. A lot of important information is still available only in third party wikis that aren't as easy to look at when you are playing on the couch with a pad. Examples would be the vendor recipe system, because it's very important to building up a pile of useful currency and other elements of the UI that are still hidden. Like auto leveling of the gems. It took me awhile to figure out how to turn off auto leveling on clarity, because it's hidden in the UI and not transparent and I only knew to look, because I played the PC version

The biggest downside to Xbox version is that inventory management is much slower and more time consuming. I wish there was an auto sort button that would "defragment" my inventory for me, so the placement of the items consumed the least amount of space. Rearranging items to make space just takes too long with the pad and takes you out of the action for too long.

Little things like when you scroll to the very bottom of the inventory, continuing to scroll down taking you to the top or RT or LT (which aren't used in inventory currently) taking you to pre-defined locations like the top left corner or bottom right corner, would help speed up inventory management.

Sometimes when I try to use a waypoint, selecting a new area and pressing A does absolutely nothing and the UI provides no feedback as to why. However, when I exit the waypoint, walk away, come back, it will work correctly and move me to the area.

I wish when it randomly boots me to the menu during play, it would tell me something as to why it did that. I am guessing latency.
Overall, I am really impressed with the XBox version and even like it more than the PC in many aspects, but it still requires some polish. Combat is really fluid and great so far, minus some of the targeting annoyances.
Last edited by MadRabbitPoE on Aug 26, 2017, 10:40:06 PM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2017, 10:36:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info