[3.0] Voltaxic Blade Vortex (Theorycraft) -RIP-

3.1.0 gutted this build idea
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Dec 5, 2017, 6:02:50 PM
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2017, 4:47:50 PM
This concept seems really cool. Out of curiosity why not pick witch or shadow as the class though?
"
lackseyelids wrote:
This concept seems really cool. Out of curiosity why not pick witch or shadow as the class though?

scion has better start point crit multi and better jewel socket with less skill point investment, witch is no good and shadow is not needed since crit rate is very high. I dont use any vinktar with vinktar light convert rate is %70.
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Aug 26, 2017, 6:02:28 PM
Right on dude hopefully this build works out. Ill definitely try it once youve got it figured out.
I really liked your build concept of Phys to Light with voltaxic and BV, so I took it and spun it off into theorycrafting.

The build I landed on was (this is gonna be a bit long) Voltaxic BV wither CwC using CI occultist and soul strike. Here's a pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/1VyjhY0q

All this gear is probably worth 1-2ex, 3ex tops. Some stats:

- 7.5k es (9.5k with a rare 700es chest)
- 1.8mil DPS with 20 wither stacks, 1.5mil DPS with 10 wither stacks, 1mil DPS with 10 wither stacks and a 5L
- 1.11s ES restart time, 0.8s with legacy soul strike
- Dual curse, with easy 3rd curse
- 4L Lightning Warp with Arcane Surge
- 74% crit chance
- 404% crit multiplier
- 78% chaos damage
- Effective 81/81/88 resists with incandescent heart

The only two issues I see with this build are

1. Clearspeed. CwC BV only casts 2.86 times a second. This means it would take 7s to ramp up 20 blades.Furthermore, there is no shield charge or WB, relying on LW. Although LW is near-instant, its not quite as smooth as SC or WB.

Hoping Profane Bloom will do some work here.

2. The real issue: Stun. With my resists at the moment, I can't fit in a valyrium, and chayula removes the dps/es/res of having a neck. I guess with a bit of resist juggling you could fit in a valyrium, but that seems suboptimal.

Overall, I'll be speccing this char and seeing how it goes. DPS is good, survivability is good with OCC ascendancy and low es restart time, high ES, and good mobility.

Let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by Fire309 on Aug 30, 2017, 5:14:30 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
I really liked your build concept of Phys to Light with voltaxic and BV, so I took it and spun it off into theorycrafting.

The build I landed on was (this is gonna be a bit long) Voltaxic BV wither CwC using CI occultist and soul strike. Here's a pastebin:

https://pastebin.com/1VyjhY0q

All this gear is probably worth 1-2ex, 3ex tops. Some stats:

- 7.5k es (9.5k with a rare 700es chest)
- 1.8mil DPS with 20 wither stacks, 1.5mil DPS with 10 wither stacks, 1mil DPS with 10 wither stacks and a 5L
- 1.11s ES restart time, 0.8s with legacy soul strike
- Dual curse, with easy 3rd curse
- 4L Lightning Warp with Arcane Surge
- 74% crit chance
- 404% crit multiplier
- 78% chaos damage
- Effective 81/81/88 resists with incandescent heart

The only two issues I see with this build are

1. Clearspeed. CwC BV only casts 2.86 times a second. This means it would take 7s to ramp up 20 blades.Furthermore, there is no shield charge or WB, relying on LW. Although LW is near-instant, its not quite as smooth as SC or WB.

Hoping Profane Bloom will do some work here.

2. The real issue: Stun. With my resists at the moment, I can't fit in a valyrium, and chayula removes the dps/es/res of having a neck. I guess with a bit of resist juggling you could fit in a valyrium, but that seems suboptimal.

Overall, I'll be speccing this char and seeing how it goes. DPS is good, survivability is good with OCC ascendancy and low es restart time, high ES, and good mobility.

Let me know what you guys think.

Es is pretty much dead with non VP , plus scion looks better

I find a way making this build even more stronger soon im gonna update (New light convert is %70 instead of 50 without vinktar)
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Aug 31, 2017, 3:18:46 PM
I am not quite sure what you mean. Occultist with ES doesn't rely on VP at all, and is extremely good. Only a 1 sec delay, and boom almost 4k es regen.

Occultist has -20% chaos res to enemies, profane bloom, an extra curse, and a shitload of es. 9 - 9.5k es is no joke, with 4k es regen.

As for Wither CwC, there seems to be too little benefit for too little gain in converting to chaos without using wither. Sure, you could stick wither on a spell totem, but that requires running a warlords for mana leech, which is suboptimal. (compared to assmark, enfeeble, or tempchains).

Another reason to go es is purely because of soul strike. What other quiver would you use besides it? Your tree is a level 100 tree. There are little to no life nodes on the right side of the tree in the shadow region. Even then, how are u going to sustain? How will you get leech? Just through vinktars?

I sincerely think Occultist with Wicked Ward is the best option.

P.S. The build already has 70% chaos damage with atziris up.
Last edited by Fire309 on Aug 31, 2017, 8:35:16 PM
"
Fire309 wrote:
I am not quite sure what you mean. Occultist with ES doesn't rely on VP at all, and is extremely good. Only a 1 sec delay, and boom almost 4k es regen.

Occultist has -20% chaos res to enemies, profane bloom, an extra curse, and a shitload of es. 9 - 9.5k es is no joke, with 4k es regen.

As for Wither CwC, there seems to be too little benefit for too little gain in converting to chaos without using wither. Sure, you could stick wither on a spell totem, but that requires running a warlords for mana leech, which is suboptimal. (compared to assmark, enfeeble, or tempchains).

Another reason to go es is purely because of soul strike. What other quiver would you use besides it? Your tree is a level 100 tree. There are little to no life nodes on the right side of the tree in the shadow region. Even then, how are u going to sustain? How will you get leech? Just through vinktars?

I sincerely think Occultist with Wicked Ward is the best option.

P.S. The build already has 70% chaos damage with atziris up.

Im thinking about Saemus' Gift with % phys to lightning damage convert corrupt. Gives at least %15 to 20 more convert to light and chaos and with also with vinktar total phys to light convert is %85-90

Edit : still working to improve this build
no longer playing
Last edited by canjp on Sep 5, 2017, 3:41:44 AM
the new helmet from pale council
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eber%27s_Unification

give u a debuff which -10% chaos res to enemy whenever u use a skill

Hi, im busy with my real life job, so please leave pm if you want to buy or offer for any item in my shop.
Im alway online at 10h30PM in GMT+7, but i will try catch if in your time if you want.
IGN: WhoFearWillFall
any update? love the idea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info