[3.0] Sunder League Starter AND Finisher - All Content, Budget, SC/SSF/Xbox

"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
T_Castell wrote:
In the second gear spoiler, why linking Ancestral with Herald of Ash?

Also, fancy taking a look at my Sunder-guy (level 90 guy)? I feel he has both kinda low damage (56k no buffs hideout) and life (6,5kish).

Thanks for an otherwise great build!

1. It does not have to be linked, its just there for a lack of a different place to put it. Also, main+ warcheif is a boss option (drop HoA).

2. Need better pathing around the tree as well as some general upgrades all around. Steel rings would be a big boost, as would a better weapon and a 6 link. Follow my upgrade path on the main post

Yeah, but I mean since you're running Brutality, Herald of Ash shouldn't add anything to the build, or am I missing something?

In the process of crafting steel rings, just lacking some essences for it.
Last edited by T_Castell on Nov 9, 2017, 1:43:17 PM
How does this fare for early league bossing/guardians? You mentioned that you'd swap skills for Uber Atziri, would the swap be molten strike?
"
gibtuck wrote:
How does this fare for early league bossing/guardians? You mentioned that you'd swap skills for Uber Atziri, would the swap be molten strike?

Actually used heavy strike and took out multistrike as well. Worked like a charm
with the change in Vaal Pact, no more instant leech from it and node move, will this still be a viable build for 3.1?
"
with the change in Vaal Pact, no more instant leech from it and node move, will this still be a viable build for 3.1?

Will have to wait and see what the rest of the tree looks like. I'll update it when we know for sure
I used this build for the mayhem race and it worked like a charm. Even with the crazy inflated prices of items I had no problem hitting lvl 85 and capping my dps at 135k with buff in under 5 days. Here's my current setup as I call it quits for the race.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcA4cFLQxzDY0R1RLhE0wUIBRxF-EbrSGQI_YkNyb4KCowdzGeNZI64T38QzFHfkp9TP9Nkk3jTipOMlBHV5dYY1n-Whpbr18_X9BgQWEhY3BkUmVNZadngGebZ6BttG87dO12K3asd-N4DXloeu97dHzZfXWAioIHhNmE74VSh3aLT4zPjX2RzpVml3mbaqLqo4qmV6gHqW6tja5QsbO18rvtvTa-p78IwBrBBMGjwzPG2M9-037Yvdlh2XzaweJh5FHqEOoY7g7vDvJB8kX2SPcy9034X_jr_MX-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=JonnyBrains&characterName=Sun_Jon

I'm so pleased with how quickly I smashed my way to 85 I'm going to do this build again in the new league because I'm very interested in how far I can push this build. It might be because I wasn't into end game yet but I found the Vaal Pact entirely not necessary. It's very counter productive with blood magic mobility skill and blood rage. I was having no problems without it and was about to move to other areas of the tree with the extra pts I obtained from skipping that entire section of the tree. (ballistic mastery? what a waste of pts it is getting to VP)

Any feedback on on how I ran the build or constructive criticism is appreciated as it will help me with finalizing something in the new league. ;) Cheers

P.S. Thx to the OP for taking the time to lay out all this information on setting up sunder. It was a great help.
Last edited by JonnyBrains on Nov 29, 2017, 11:06:54 AM
Don't know if you're still checking up on this but I'd like to thank you for this build. I've been looking for quality Sunder builds in order to try it for the new Abyss league and your guide had a lot of questions answered, and was by far the most thorough and experienced. Just 3 days into the league and I'm already killing the elder deathless first try blind, and mapping is a dream to do at least in terms of how melee builds go. Moving to full phys really helped a lot. Great survivability combined with the Gladiator ascendancy. Last season I did a Blade flurry Gladiator and single target was a real pain. It's not great with this build either, but at least I can map very fast and still be able to kill guardians within 60 seconds which is good enough for me. I still consider myself a new player though and do mistakes all the time, like I was using the Atziri flask while using Brutality without realizing it for several days for example.

Are there any new potential changes to the build in terms of this 3.1 War of the Atlas expansion that you can think of?

Also would appreciate if you looked at my build briefly if you have the time. I'm sure there's bound to be some weird stuff there knowing me. It's slightly different since I went with an axe Gladiator variation though.

Cheers
Last edited by Lazybeer on Dec 15, 2017, 9:12:14 PM
"
Lazybeer wrote:
Don't know if you're still checking up on this but I'd like to thank you for this build. I've been looking for quality Sunder builds in order to try it for the new Abyss league and your guide had a lot of questions answered, and was by far the most thorough and experienced. Just 3 days into the league and I'm already killing the elder deathless first try blind, and mapping is a dream to do at least in terms of how melee builds go. Moving to full phys really helped a lot. Great survivability combined with the Gladiator ascendancy. Last season I did a Blade flurry Gladiator and single target was a real pain. It's not great with this build either, but at least I can map very fast and still be able to kill guardians within 60 seconds which is good enough for me. I still consider myself a new player though and do mistakes all the time, like I was using the Atziri flask while using Brutality without realizing it for several days for example.

Are there any new potential changes to the build in terms of this 3.1 War of the Atlas expansion that you can think of?

Also would appreciate if you looked at my build briefly if you have the time. I'm sure there's bound to be some weird stuff there knowing me. It's slightly different since I went with an axe Gladiator variation though.

Cheers

Unfortunately, probably will not have a ton of time to dedicate to this league. I was planning on doing a full write up for this guide and using it again, but work and life have thrown a wrench in those plans.

Honestly, for this build, I do feel like the change to VP was actually a buff as we can still get enough leech rate with our high amount of HP and the new position saves us a ton of points.

If I had time to test it, I also believe that a new shaper/elder axe or offhand would be idea for this build as it would allow a 6 link in chest for single target like BF/HS while still using the power of sunder in a pseudo 5-6 link.

New gems are also a gigantic buff as phys damage is hard to come by and the flat damage they add are massive.

Overall, build should be far stronger this patch.
I'll showcase my items for the build. Used it in Harbinger and now for some regular mapping and Zana dailies in Standard. My characters are public if you want to chech out the passive tree. Need new amulet (Used near perfect Biscos, but a vaaling accident happened.) gloves and helm enchant. Could do with boot enchant, but it's not really that important.

And as for damage

Unbuffed in h/o

Buffed 4 flasks, Ancestral warchief and Blood rage in h/o

Are you still going to use this one for the next 1 month league?
Any changes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info