Labyrinth access needs to be like every other Map in the game

When you open the Labyrinth, there should be 6 portals just like any other map.

I’m sick and tired of being forced to run through a maze of traps for 25 minutes (Uber Lab), to get to the final Izaro fight and die due to no second chance.

It’s ridiculous to be thrown into a small arena, with moving traps, no time to assess the trap pattern before being attacked, having no realistic safe place to stand, and no way to portal out to re-qroup and/or refill flasks, against a boss and traps that are designed to instantly kill you.

What peeves me the most is the fact that getting to the final Izaro fight is not even a challenge, not even the first two Izaro fights. It’s just tediously annoying and time consuming. Thus, dying at the end, especially if Izaro was almost dead, or worse, I died simultaneously, is a big slap in the face after being forced to run through a maze of traps for 25 minutes. If this happens, I should have 5 more portals to go back in, finish Izaro off, pick up my loot, and ascend. In the context of the rest of the game design, it’s ridiculous that Labyrinth/Izaro doesn’t work this way.

For the record, the final Izaro fight is the ONLY place I ever die inside the Labyrinth, barring doing some really stupid, but stupidity is on me. Dying because of the ridiculous arena scenario above after 25 minutes of forced, tedious, mazing… makes we want to quit. There is no reason we shouldn’t have 6 portals just like every other end-game map.
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2017, 5:25:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
or we could...

not lock ascendancy behind it

I dont see any any key!
25 minutes? That's... really really really slow.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:

he likes to stop and smell the ro.... the blood
I dont see any any key!
Whats bothering me more is the tendency for the game to disconnect to the log in screen when i click on a door to load a new area. Ive now lost a good chunk of my time and an offering.

As a new player i enjoy scouting out all the areas and opening all the chests etc but when you take away all my progress because of something that is most definitely on your end, and not to mention i lose a Key which truth be told the thought of running through those gauntlets to get more offerings is actually depressing. Today im going to just assume there is something very wrong with your chosen layout and I wont attempt it again.
"
Docbp87 wrote:

It's Uber Lab, with too many zones chained together, with too many dead ends in each zone, and a detested area of the game I don't enter any more than I have too.

25 minutes is pretty darn fast when you have to back track and/or take the time to find the extra treasure keys. And trust me, every time I discover the path I chose is an exit to a dead-end Silver Cache zone, I'm peeved that I have to turn around and traverse the maze of traps I just went through.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

It's Uber Lab, with too many zones chained together, with too many dead ends in each zone, and a detested area of the game I don't enter any more than I have too.

25 minutes is pretty darn fast when you have to back track and/or take the time to find the extra treasure keys. And trust me, every time I discover the path I chose is an exit to a dead-end Silver Cache zone, I'm peeved that I have to turn around and traverse the maze of traps I just went through.

The labyrinth ladders seem to be buggy today and won't come up. The medium times on there though typically indicate that 25 minutes is not bad. It needs to also be kept in mind that the times on the ladder are best times for that character's run of the day. So probably all the times on the first few pages are not the first run of the day for that character.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:

you can tell where the right exit is from map at the end/start of each zone.when you get used to the layouts (i dont mean the dayly layout the layouts of the diffrent areas aer very limited) you even know where the keys/doors/argus is.
You can tell what zones are going to be dead ends based on their names...
U MAD?
I like lab as is. Sure, it's frustrating to die to Iz3 (or to have the servers fuck up before Iz3...), but overall I like the "You get one shot" aspect of it. I also like that 1 portal = no mini-zerg to get by it.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info