[3.0] Dual Mjolner Dark Pact with Skeletons [Woolfio]

Hey there, Woolfio here.
So i know Dark Pact is hot and i usually don't play builds that are too meta, but i wanted to try Dark Pact with extra Chain. So for that i decided to go with Mjolner, 2 of them.
It is level 60 weapon, so until then the build was pretty usual and very cheap and also one of the easiest leveling experience that i had in a long time. Also using new unique jewel to summon 3 skeletons in 1 cast. Picked Occultist because it gives massive damage to chaos damage and +1 to curses.
I must note that i only tried maps up to tier 11. Skeletons are not very tank and might have problem surviving higher tier maps, but it should be able to do up to tier 15 maps.

I have a video build guide and it also contains 2 other slightly different versions for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKwHWSgr7k4

Some info about Dark Pact
Dark Pact is chaos spell which can scale damage with either your life or skeleton. It is not projectile, but it has chain option if used on skeletons. On hitting skeletons it makes explosion each chain and consumes 6% (unless changed later) of skeleton life. If cast on yourself (if no skeletons are in range) it will make big explosion, have no chain and consume players life instead. When cast on player, this life consumption is not considered as hit and is not affected by Cast When Damage Taken support gem or other similar triggers.
Dark Pact can also be used with Spell totems, Traps and Mines (but i personally have not tested traps and mines).

Unique items
While leveling i was using Tabula Rasa for easy 6link. And later to be able to use Mjolner i was using Atziri's Foible amulet to lower stat requirements for Mjolner to 309 str and 225 int. To replace Tabula i was using The Covenant armour, which only needs to be 5 linked, because it is already supported by lvl 15 Added Chaos damage. It also makes coloring sockets much easier than for Cherrubim's Maleficence armour (which is str/dex based and that makes it very hard to roll multiple blue sockets). Unique jewel for skeletons From Dust allows to summon 3 skeletons with 1 cast, but gives short 1 sec cooldown, which you don't feel at all. Also i was using 2 unique jewels to gain more Str: Efficient Training to convert Int into Str and Inertia to convert Dex into Str.
Spoiler

Alternative Uniques

Breath of the Council gives lots of chaos damage and some AoE, but for its price you can simply use high spell damage wand with other useful mods like cast speed.
Apep's Rage wand. I haven't tried it out for this build, but this one gives a lot of flat added chaos damage and cast speed, but increases mana cost, so be careful with this option.
Cherrubim's Maleficence armour i would not recommend it because you will hate your life coloring sockets for your blue gems, but if you can manage to get all 6 links and colors right, then it will be better than The Covenant armour.

Other items
You will want other items to have Str as well. I got away just by having lots of Str on boots and belt. Other mods on gears to look for are: Life, Elemental resistances. Less important but good to have: Mana, Spell damage, Cast Speed.
Spoiler

Bandit reward
I helped Alira for easy all elemental resistances and flat mana regen.

Passive skill tree
This is life based build, so i took lots of life, but since i am not scaling Dark Pact with my own life, i don't need as many life nodes as other Dark Pact builds. For extra defenses i took Mind over Matter and few mana nodes. Also all minion life nodes (no need for damage). AoE, Spell damage, some Cast speed, Chaos Damage, couple jewel slots.
For Ascendancy points i first took Void Beacon, then Profane Bloom and Malediction.
Link to passive tree:

I also have path of building import code: https://pastebin.com/NvhPAXCc

Skills and links
The Covenant armour links:
5 link
Darp Pact + Spell Echo + Faster casting + Controlled Destruction + Void Manipulation
For 6 link
Can use Increased AoE for general map clearing and swap it with Concentrated effect for bosses. If using any other armour use Added Chaos Damage gem.

Other skills
Summon Skeleton + Minion Life + Minion and Totem elemental resistance gem (they have trouble surviving higher tier maps) + Arcane Surge (lvl8 or lower). Arcane surge will trigger every 2 casts and give you a buff for spell damage and cast speed.

Blasphemy + Temporal Chain (for safety). Clarity.
Spell totem + Wither + Faster casting (for bosses and other enemies that don't die fast enough)
Cast When damage taken + Immortal Call + Warlord's Mark (defensive mechanism, also life and mana leech is very useful).
Stone golem. Flame Dash (or Lightning warp if you prefer it).
Vaal Summon Skeletons + Minion life + Minion and Totem elemental resistance.

Will edit later in case i forgot something.
Woolfio @YouTube
Last bumped on Aug 24, 2017, 3:42:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info