Max DPS/SpellBlock/Leech/Explosions!!! The 3.0 DW Blade Flurry Gladiator. Shaper+All Guardians down!

Introduction:

This build is aimed to take full advantage of three 3.0 gems introduced: Ruthless, Maim, and Chance to Bleed. These gems let us depart from the usual elemental conversion builds, and focus on Physical damage for much better leech. With Vaal Pact and Blood Rage, we can facetank every boss in the game that doesn't one-shot through our high health pool (I'm currently at 6753 at level 91). Add Enfeeble+Fortify+Arctic Armour+Less damage taken from Bleeding targets and not a lot of mobs can one-shot us.

Highlights/Synergy:

Ruthless: Ruthless gives us stuns to activate Death's Hand's on-stun effect reliably, giving us crit. It also increases our maximum bleed DPS, though Bleed is currently not strong enough to focus on it is a nice bonus still.

Maim: Due to Blade Flurry's high attack speed and Gladiator Maim on Bleed, we easily apply the Maim effect on mobs which makes them take increased damage, from Bleed Explosions as well.

Chance to Bleed: Due to our build's focus on high base attack speed for Blade Flurry+Bleedsplosions, Chance to Bleed is a very good addition to our DPS and makes our bleed explosions more reliable.

Block: We get enough block on the tree and jewels to get 75% spell block with Rumi's active. Great for safe clearing and some bosses.

Leech: We get Leech from a lot of sources thanks to our damage being mostly physical, and together with Vaal Pact and very high attack speeds we get to full life almost instantly every time we're hit.

Bleed Explosions: We have 75% chance to bleed and very high attack speed so every mob procs the explosion. This really helps Blade Flurry which isn't the strongest clearing skill (but it is the strongest melee DPS skill).

DPS: Dual Wield+Crit+Blade Flurry is a deadly combination that lets us reach very high levels of DPS.

Reflect: This build can run Double Reflect maps with the Flesh-Eater mace.

Skill gem setup:

1. Blade Flurry + Chance to Bleed + Melee Physical Damage + Ruthless + Maim + Concentrated/Increased AoE

2. CWDT + Enfeeble + Increased Duration + Immortal Call

3. Hatred + Arctic Armour + Ice Golem + Ancestral Protector

4. Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify

5. Blood Rage + Vaal Lightning Trap + Increased Duration (Important to keep it on a weapon for cancelling Blood Rage with weapon swap)

Gear:

Jewels all have 1% DW block and Life. Crit Multi is the best DPS mod we can get on them as well.

Skill Tree: Level 91

Bandit: Alira

PoB Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/nzb5NEKH

Videos:

Chimera

Important Notes:

1. Cancel Blood Rage with Weapon Swap if you encounter downtime

2. Get Elreon's Ring to have more whirling blades uptime and a blade flurry that costs almost no mana.

3. Ascendancy order is Bleed Explosions first, Spellblock second, and lastly the Maim/Bleed node for better DPS and tank.
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 25, 2017, 2:16:46 AM
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2017, 3:21:16 AM
trying th build now

wouldnt the
be more helpfull tho im just lvl 41 atm the leech from just the nodes seems a bit low.
It's good for leveling, but once you get more leech the life becomes more important.
"
Novalisk wrote:
It's good for leveling, but once you get more leech the life becomes more important.

yes i start noticing that now..gear is still subpar(you can view my chars) but i have upgrades ready tho

is this any good to start with..kinda poor atm :D this was only 15c any better goes right to 10+ ex :|

i use those for leveling and i hit 52 in a few hours so its prett fast lvling

these are some of he temp upgrades

Last edited by tntkiller on Aug 23, 2017, 7:00:39 PM
a vid would be nice... specially with shaper and guardians claim.
"
tntkiller wrote:
"
Novalisk wrote:

yes i start noticing that now..gear is still subpar(you can view my chars) but i have upgrades ready tho

is this any good to start with..kinda poor atm :D this was only 15c any better goes right to 10+ ex :|

Yes, good to start with. But once you get the crit nodes you want a sword with base crit (6% at least).

"
Deadbringer wrote:
a vid would be nice... specially with shaper and guardians claim.

I didn't record my shaper run because I was learning the mechanics, and mechanic deaths end up distracting from build showcase videos. For whatever it's worth, I did it with two portals left on my first ever shaper run which is a solid indication of the build's strength.

I'll try to get a clean vid done over the weekend.
"
Novalisk wrote:

this amulet is great for endgame

alot resistance + alot str/dex/int + 40% damage + 1,4 life leech + 30life from str

Last edited by davc1234567890 on Aug 24, 2017, 4:57:49 AM
Increased damage while leeching doesn't work with vaal pact, so you just get leech, resists and stats. Still good, but you can get rare amulets below an exalt that give you better bonuses.
Last edited by Novalisk on Aug 24, 2017, 5:03:20 AM

was going trough my unid regal stash and found this...seems not to bad :D

ok tho i need to find some more int elseware :P
Last edited by tntkiller on Aug 24, 2017, 9:04:03 AM
"
tntkiller wrote:

was going trough my unid regal stash and found this...seems not to bad :D

ok tho i need to find some more int elseware :P

vaal it xD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type