Major Boss Balance Issue ---- Combat/Damage Log ---- Feature Request

I was in the last area of the arena map. I had full life after recently killing the bosses. I walked over by one of the gates where minor mobs come out then BAM instant death.

GGG MUST add a reliable combat/damage log for players. Transparency regarding item properties is just as important as transparency of skill interactions.

I should be able to tell what caused damage to me, when, and how. This is a necessity for identifying boss balance issues. THE BIGGEST ISSUE IN POE RIGHT NOW. A log would provide means for players to give detailed arguments as to why specific bosses need to be nerfed or buffed based on their experiences.

I am 99.99% sure my death was because of a glitch or MAJOR imbalance issue. Other people have reported similar occurrences in the same area. Most of my friends have given up on playing Path of Exile because of this kind of situation. They die instantly and have no idea what the cause was. Therefore they have no way to prevent it from occurring again!

Players do not even know how much DPS they do to enemies!

I died the moment the gate on my right went down.

It is important to remember that Diablo was originally a turn based game. It is ideal to balance damage transactions in such a way that players can react to what is happening while still challenging their cognitive abilities.
Last bumped on Oct 21, 2017, 4:59:44 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The monsters coming from gates have been bugged since day one anyways...
Preach the word, brother! Let the idea of Combat report / log be known in all corners of the world!

Maybe Chris will listen.
/sign
and I'd love a reliable way to determine my REAL DPS (Maybe a training dummy that keeps calculating?)
Tooltip is actually worthless, 100% of the time [My spectres do 400dps apparently? Because that's all it shows]
i imagine their problem is (like with floating combat text) that the respective data is on the server only and needs to be sent to the client.

they likely want to avoid additional load on the server for any reason.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
i imagine their problem is (like with floating combat text) that the respective data is on the server only and needs to be sent to the client.

they likely want to avoid additional load on the server for any reason.
ezpz, only send the data (last 20 seconds or w/e) when someone dies and only to the person that died.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
/sign

bad design choice to not give this to players, im incensed whenever i die in HC on trivial shit and have no idea why.
"
bad design choice to not give this to players, im incensed whenever i die in HC on trivial shit and have no idea why.

I'm afraid they also have no idea why
Yes. Those situations are mostly created by bug or bad design. A comment situation when you face shaper and did, you may be hit by a invisible ball immediately once you go inside and die again. As for bad design, I think most PoE players have been killed by a normal attack of a rare monster even if you have reasonable defense and EHP. Massive attack should have long animation while attack with short animation should be weak. But seem like GGG loves reversing it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Looks to me like you died for not playing potion piano, the #1 skill in PoE.

I think the reason they don't put a log in is twofold, increased server load/complexity, and they'd have a tidal wave of salt from bug kills / when the playerbase finds out how retarded some of the damage values actually are.

I quite often stream/record myself just so I can find out what I died to :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info