[3.0] The Lazy Minion Commander - 6k+ EHP - 400K+ DPS - Budget Friendly - Auto Offering

"
Jauron wrote:
I'm having trouble following some of the changes recently. We use Glacial Cascade to trigger EE and spread the curse? Did we drop Shield Charge? On Xbox Shield Charge isn't working correctly I assume partially due to how difficult it is to aim, but is useful as movement. I don't think SC has triggered a curse once. :( I either need to switch it up (tried leap slam but it has aiming issues too) to another movement or drop it, or at least stop linking stuff to it.

Before I drop shield charge I want to be sure it's worth rolling with no movement skill gem. Are the other links correct?

I hit 81 today and so far this build is very nice, but as I look to finalize some things I'm confused about where this guide is at for the changes I see within the thread and the first page.

I also wanted to ask about dealing the trials with this build. The screen is so full of pets, it's hard to see. Any tips for that?

Thanks!

Yeah, sorry about that. I need to get the first post updated. You are correct on EE and the curse. Use glacial cascade + curse on hit + elemental weakness. Enfeeble for harder content. GC does a much better job of applying EE and our curse than shield charge with the added benefit of allowing us to stay further away. You can use a different skill if you prefer as long as it's a cold spell if using fire or lightning spectre.

If you will use cold based spectres than use a fire skill. Firestorm might be good.

For the bosses that I know I'll need a movement skill for I can replace generosity with shield charge.

I'll try and get main post updated in next couple of days.

Best thing for lab is to keep moving. Unless you are attacking something the minions tend to fall behind giving you a clear view of the traps.
Last edited by stoudtlr on Sep 25, 2017, 8:01:33 PM
I just reached level 41 with the witch summoner but, I have no where near enough strength to wield the claybreaker? any suggestions? this is my first PoE character, really loving the guide so far c:

"
Gear: Recommended unique Clayshaper can be used at level 41.

Max life roll for your minions is +30%. Search for 1 or 2 off that and you'll find them for 1 Alchemy
http://poe.trade/search/hokomoebuninan

Step 5 - 65 points Cross tree above Scion start and grab Gravepact cluster except single leech node. If you are having mana regen issues grab Shaper node now instead of in next step.
"
Waterlemonn wrote:
I just reached level 41 with the witch summoner but, I have no where near enough strength to wield the claybreaker? any suggestions? this is my first PoE character, really loving the guide so far c:

"
Gear: Recommended unique Clayshaper can be used at level 41.

Max life roll for your minions is +30%. Search for 1 or 2 off that and you'll find them for 1 Alchemy
http://poe.trade/search/hokomoebuninan

Step 5 - 65 points Cross tree above Scion start and grab Gravepact cluster except single leech node. If you are having mana regen issues grab Shaper node now instead of in next step.

You can grab the +30 strength node that the tree goes past to get a total of 74 strength just from tree. That leaves you with only +60 strength that you need to get from your gear. You can do that with +str on only two pieces if both are +30. Once you are a higher level you can drop some of the strength on your gear and also refund the +30 node on tree.
I've been having a great time with this build, or close to it at least. First build I've had that made it past level 36. I've yet been unable to complete a map.. except the unfavorable T11 i crashed on.

Some changes I made:

I use freezing pulse, quality gems enhance the projectiles speed so very helpful, to proc 2 curses (i took the passive to allow such). Elemental weakness, which may be exchanged for flammability, and either assassin's mark, conductivity, vulnerability or enfeeble dependent on party needs. I'm also considering projectile weakness but i prefer the flexibility of a blue socket.

The above could go into either boots or gloves.

After leveling desecrate to better secured high-leveled Flame sentinels/solar guards as my spectres and watching them do all the killing, I changed zombie item to be minion life, fortify support, animate guardian, and raise zombie.

Another good item to consider for animate guardian is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreadarc for the flammability curse.

Note on minion instability: I took it, I may yet refund it, but it greatly sped up/made possible some map bosses that were heavy on AOE damage. However since then my damage has become more from spectres.

Other stuff I learned along way: Flame golem's damage boost is provided to the player only. So it's possible to use stone golem from gem and use a different weapon. I do not have an alternative however. Edit: Other than what's already in guide.

Last edited by ULTOne on Sep 26, 2017, 6:22:51 PM
hey first off i love the build u make, but maybe i overread it but i dont see the patheon skills.
what u prefer or doesnt it matter
"
ULTOne wrote:
I've been having a great time with this build, or close to it at least. First build I've had that made it past level 36. I've yet been unable to complete a map.. except the unfavorable T11 i crashed on.

Some changes I made:

I use freezing pulse, quality gems enhance the projectiles speed so very helpful, to proc 2 curses (i took the passive to allow such). Elemental weakness, which may be exchanged for flammability, and either assassin's mark, conductivity, vulnerability or enfeeble dependent on party needs. I'm also considering projectile weakness but i prefer the flexibility of a blue socket.

The above could go into either boots or gloves.

After leveling desecrate to better secured high-leveled Flame sentinels/solar guards as my spectres and watching them do all the killing, I changed zombie item to be minion life, fortify support, animate guardian, and raise zombie.

Another good item to consider for animate guardian is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreadarc for the flammability curse.

Note on minion instability: I took it, I may yet refund it, but it greatly sped up/made possible some map bosses that were heavy on AOE damage. However since then my damage has become more from spectres.

Other stuff I learned along way: Flame golem's damage boost is provided to the player only. So it's possible to use stone golem from gem and use a different weapon. I do not have an alternative however. Edit: Other than what's already in guide.

I debated going the dual curse route as well, but decided against it because trash already melts. Biggest help would be bosses, but curses aren't as effective against them so I decided to use the points on something else. I do like the idea of Dreadarc though. Another curse without having to spec into the 2nd curse node. I've been playing other characters lately, but combining the zombie and animate guardian was my plan as well once I got a 5 or 6 link Vis Mortis.

"
hey first off i love the build u make, but maybe i overread it but i dont see the patheon skills.
what u prefer or doesnt it matter

Glad you're liking the build! I didn't put Pantheon because it's situational. During general mapping I usually use Solaris and Abberath for the area damage reduction and less burning damage. When doing lab I use Araakali and Ralakesh.
IM playing your build atm too at lvl 46 and loving it ..

Only thing that feels clunky to me is the shield charge .. Without faster attacks it just feels so slow and I'm always afraid I'm going to get nailed running into packs. I ended up linking Cwdt, Convocation, and Bone offering for that reason though I'm not sure the bone offering is the best choice.

Also I'm using Firestorm with Life Leech as my secondary attack/sustain and wondering - Once I get EE with Elemental Weakness- will this ruin my Flame Sentinal Spectres deeps?? I have both my skeletons and zombies linked with Physical to Lightning support so not sure..

Anywho - nice build - looking forward to progressing more with it ...

Edit - I missed the Glacial Cascade comment - trying it now....
In game since Minotaur League..
Last edited by Hellzwraith on Nov 9, 2017, 8:39:49 AM
The guide discusses how real DPS varies from skellies to skellie mages because skellis walk around too much, while mages stand around and fire.

So, if you are running skellies you get a little more DPS from recasting new skellies in the middle of new mobs. A bit more micromanaging, but hey, if you didn't enjoy managing minions you'd probably be running the latest one-click screen clear meta, not reading this guide.
I am running this in Abyss right now. Works good so far. Thanks for the post.
I was just wondering how the hell am i supposed to reach 134 strength to wield Clayshaper if there is almost no strenth nodes in the passive tree? I have 44 strength at level 52 atm. That's my biggest problem with this build so far, the rest is amazing. I've always wanted a character like this since vanilla D2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info