Looking For A Good Newbie friendly, Casual Hardcore Melee Build.

Title pretty much says it all, someone said LA when I asked them off the forums, but I'm not too fond of ranged characters like that.

So if anyone could point out a build for me, I would really appreciate it. If not, I'll have to go LA :(
Bumpers.
Marauder or Templar with Glacial Hammer and Ground Slam.

Plenty of HP and easily accessable high ele dmg nodes.

I'm running it now with a 1h mace and shield, can do 2h aswell but I think 1h do plenty enough dmg. 2 shot most normal mobs with my ground slam at lvl 44.

Edit: Forgot to add that I am running a templar, but marauder is easier due to more hp nodes.

Start marauder, go up into templar tree, get all HP and the nice Ele nodes, some mana regen and some nice All Ele resists.

Suggested Passives.

You'll be around 43-44 at this amount of points (depending on if you kill all bandits or not on normal, I suggest you help oak for 40hp)

Combine with Anger & Wrath for some awesome damage. You want Elemental Weapon dmg supports and "added ele dmg" on gear, but always prio HP/Res unless you get a shitload of dmg vs a small defensive loss.
Last edited by Pjar on Feb 26, 2013, 2:35:48 PM
C'mon community!

300 views and 2 out of the 3 replies are mine!
Here is the thing... you can't have casual and hardcore. You have to pick one. If you choose to play hardcore you will need to put in the time to grind and farm yourself into good gear no matter what build you have or you'll see yourself in default in no time.
By casual I mean easy.
I didn't want to say anything if I couldn't be helpful (being not that great as a player), but the impression I got was that you want something full of opposing concepts.

Melee <-> Good
Casual <-> Hardcore
Newbie Friendly <-> Build

My first several characters were all melee, and my experience pretty much falls in line with everything I've seen around the forums - melee is hard to make work, and even at its best is not as good as ranged.
Screw it, someone link me a lightning arrow build.
If you really want to run LA might as well go ranger.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
MLGTexan wrote:
By casual I mean easy.

I hear ya, Tex. The way PoE works though is Normal = Easy, Cruel = Medium, Merciless = Hard.
So if you stick to wanting Easy then you can legitimately play anything and use any skills and do melee.
You will only get to level 40 tops then be bored.

Then what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info