[3.0 Pathfinder] Ngamahu's Flame MoM 100% Firepen 300% Movespeed

This is the build I have been playing in Harby League. This is not a new player or beginner build and can take a lot of investment to do the hardest content.

Pros
Spoiler
Fun
Pretty Sanic and doesn't get left behind when in a party
Quite tanky
Meatballs
Great in breaches
Excellent Uberlab farmer
Flasks are still broken

Cons
Spoiler
Expensive to gear at endgame
Still a life build
Can't do ele reflect or no leech mods
Not a clear speed monster
RSI from playing flaskfinder

I'm still on a five link and have done all the guardian's deathless. This build rewards good mechanical play as it is super easy to run away from things.

The concept was to use pathfinder and qotf to go fast then add high firepen with wise oak, xoph ammy, pen gem and tree. The use of MoM works pretty well as the flask nodes near ranger also give mana and when travelling to Alchemist you can also grab Quick Recovery and Heart and Soul. The pathing used also gives easy access to Elemental Overload which combined with Firepen, Point Blank and AoF from Xoph ammy gives the offence.

With endgame gear at lv94 I get 5.7k life (200% on tree) and 1.3k mana unreserved (could remove Herald of Ash for 2.1k mana). Life and mana are both sustained by leech from the tree in duelist, using the notables Vitality Void and Spirit Void (the leech rate provided by these is very noticeable when playing). We also get fortify, 66k evasion and blind from stibnite flask.

Now with a few more levels I'm at lv97 and have 5893 life and 1405 unreserved mana. With alchemist flasks up, lv21 grace and onslaught we have 79723 evasion and 366% movespeed.

Tree

For bandit I killed all cause jewels are pretty great but lategame Kraitlyn could be good.

Defense and movespeed with flasks. I have since upgraded to Alchemists flasks getting me up to 366% movespeed with onslaught from the gem. This equates to a cyclone movespeed of 226%.
Spoiler

Meatball Dmg and Pen with Flasks and buffs (now 100% firepen with lv20gem).
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Axe. - gotta have it thats where the meatyball goodness comes from. Try get good rolls.

Queen of the Forest - Used for stacking evasion to go quick. Finally got a 6 link giving perma-onslaught from the gem as last link.

Devotos - Evasion, Attack speed and more fast. Cyclone attack speed enchant is damn expensive but for some reason attack speed from blood rage was not when I bought it.

Essence Worm - Allows the use of Grace for big evasion while being able to use MoM. Grace gives fast = good.

Xoph's Blood - Expensive but BiS for this build. If you cant get it go for a WED ammy with life.

Gripped Gloves - For proj dmg, evasion, life and res, don't enchant them. Accuracy would also be good here.

Leather Belt - For life and wed rolls, mine is bad and the next bit of gear to upgrade.
Finally got that upgrade..
Note: To get capped resistances with this on and without Wise Oak the opal ring would need to be upgraded (Doesn't matter much).

Slink Boots - While the quest for fast consumes a lot of my slots, boots had to be rare to cap res without wise oak up. Seven League Step, Darkray Vectors or Atziri's Step would all be fun options. There are several enchants to look for movespeed, leech and penetration are all good.

Opal Ring - Go for damage and life here if you can afford. Essence crafts for fire dmg are a good way to go if you are crafting on the cheap. Since my resistances are capped I went for a bit of accuracy since I was lacking.

Flasks
I have dedicated 3 flasks to going fast cause why not.
Quicksilver - just for going fast.
Stibnite - gives smoke cloud for blind and 100% increased evasion which is great for both defence and fast. Great against Izaro.
Jade of Reflexes - gives a heap of evasion this could be swapped for a Silver Flask for onslaught which gives a bit of speed and attack speed.

The Wise Oak - Gotta get that penetration, balancing gear can be a pain but with flask effectiveness this give a heap of damage. Early on when gear is bad it also helps greatly with resistances, also brings resists up to max in ele-weakness maps.

Dying Sun - Expensive, great fun for the whole family. It gives everything for this build max res for ele reflect mobs, AoE for clear is great works on both cyclone and molten burst. With all the tree flask effectiveness plus Conqueror's Potency it gives +3 Projectiles bring the meatballs up to 10 at a time meaning higher overlap on bosses.
When running Uberlab I usually drop drop Dying Sun for a life flask.

A silver flask could be used for onslaught but just depends on what you like.

With Pathfinder a curse immune flask can be used with constant uptime for any maps with curses.

Links
Spoiler
Molten Burst - GMP, Firepen, Conc, Ele Focus, Ele Dmg with Attacks, Phys Proj.
(Phys Proj can be swapped with Immolate for slightly better damage but will need 3 blue and cyclone will ignite)
Before I had Xoph Ammy I used Added Fire over Ele Focus.
Play around in Path of Building when looking at supports.

Cyclone - Inc Aoe, Fortify, Faster Attacks, WED/Onslaught.
When I get a 6L I will add onslaught cause you know gotta go faster and try max out the meatball proc rate. I use cyclone as utility proc for the axe meatballs but it could be switched up for damage. Qotf could be hard to colour for dmg setup.

Cast when dmg taken - IC, Ice Golem, Inc Duration.
I run high level cast when damage taken and hate casting golems manually. Ice golem is for accuracy and more consistent ele overload procs.

Leap slam - faster attacks. Ledges are bad mmkay.

Herald of ash.
Blood Rage.
Just damage from these. Beware of blood rage in vuln maps as it can keep your mana at 0 stopping you from cycloning and therefore stopping leech.
Herald of Ash can be turned off for more unreserved mana.

Vengeance - CoH, Flammability, Culling Strike
Utility here only really useful on bosses.

Grace
This is socketed in Essence Worm for +2 and no mana reservation. Defence and movespeed.

This build can be done a bit cheaper as a raider but won't be as fast. For raider I would drop the witch area and pickup templar aoe and life. Then take the frenzy charges and Executioner. Raider doesn't get as much mana but will get better damage on cheap gear.

Raider Tree

For doing Shaper and Uber it might be a good idea to switch into Belly of the Beast drop Grace and replace Essence Worm with another Opal Ring.

Gifs
Last edited by Chompasarus on Sep 6, 2017, 11:43:48 PM
Last bumped on Sep 23, 2017, 10:55:49 AM
Reserved I guess.
got to go fast.

started one, xoph expensive atm :)
loving the build so far! just gotto add xoph and goods to go!
xophs is nowhere near required for this build. and personally i'd just use something else. i do use something else and will continue too so that i dno't have to pay so much for xophs lol
what would you use instead ? im about to buy one, would 4ex rare amulet will do better u think?
you can use whatever you want instead. xophs is BiS for sure but its nowhere near required to make the build work. the build does just fine without it. my standard ngamahu raider doesn't use it.

i use this amulet instead. flammability and projectile weakness is my curses if i remember correctly.
you could use an amulet that is corrupted for another frenzy. you could use legit whatever. amulets are a great place to grab up stats and resistances if you wanted to reserve it for that so its easier to get dmg on rings (opal rings with wed)
Thank you for detailed explanation. I went with rare amulet with tri res + life. how about the chest? Do we have any other options besides belly?
Vengeance feels like it performs really badly. Is there an alternative like Orb of storms lvl 1 -> curse on hit 20/20 -> Flammability 20/20 -> culling strike 20/20. I have tried sweep, which feels fine for specifically using on bosses to curse and then cull. But Ice Nova or Orb of storms might perform better?

I feel like HoA + Blasphemy with a Essence Worm is really bad while also using MoM. So is this the best we can do for this last 4L?
I only use vengeance because I dislike stopping for the casting of Orb of Storms. Orb of Storms is much better for consistent cursing and culling and is what I would go for if I didn't like having everything so automated. You could also run a warcry in the last links if you wanted.

For the guy asking about chest choices other than the primary QotF you can use Belly for high end content or Carcass for AoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info