[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Made this build as my starter in abyss and I gotta say I love it so much. In the beginning it was super easy to level as blight/ed/contagion and with allelopathy gloves early maps were easy too. Once I got Death's Oath going, maps are a breeze and I just now killed t11 elder deathless, so I have that going for me which is nice. This build has amazing synergies with occultist, curses, and jewels.
I gotta say the allelopathy glove corrupted with +1 to socketed gems is absolutely amazing. This way you can have a high level blight and essence drain in the same glove which is perfect for single target. Stack debuffs from occulist, despair, blight, and wither. Then stack damage from death's oath, essence drain, and blight. You melt everything.
Hey glad you're enjoying it! I haven't played in a few months but might start playing again, just doing some research for now though.
Build guide completely Revamped for 3.2!
Added Leveling guide with sub 50, 80 and 100(if you can make it) pathing guides.
Added tips, tricks and a cat picture somewhere.
Will need to rework a few things depending on what types of uniques we get for 3.2 (I'll make sure to keep an eye out for anything really nice)
Enjoy the new League in less than 2 days everyone!
I think you should make a "Recommended gear" for endgame and whatnot, because the build is a good template but the current gear section shows some very old outdated stuff imo.

Ideally for the belt you wanna run a Darkness Enthroned with 2 abyssal jewels that gives damage if you've killed recently as well as ES that will give you a nice chunk of damage as well as some decent ES

For the helm, I think Heretic's veil is amazing, allows you to run tri curse with blasphemy which can be really nice. Just run Enlighten and you shouldn't have too much problem with the mana reservation. (And obviously some key nodes in the passive tree)

For the shield, even if its really expensive and out of reach for most people, I still think its a valid information that you'd want to run an Atziri's reflection, it is super expensive and not "noob friendly" to get, but still worth mentionning imo.

Sin Trek boots are a really nice cheap option for boots, but you can get w/e you want that has good ES/Mspeed/Res... although for about 1c I think Sin trek are a really good deal.

For the potion, its been debated that witchfire isn't that good for Death's oath. If you run Heretic veil, you'll most likely run Despair with blasphemy so that part of the flask becomes useless. So you really only get DoT damage... You could go Sulphur Flask for a bit less damage but much much cheaper.

Coruscating flask is understandable if you're going hybrid, but you should give alternative to players that goes pure CI. I would argue that if you're going full CI you know what you're doing by now but you never know if some new player fall on that guide and have no clue what flasks to run for a Pure CI version of the build.

Overall really good guide, I will personally run 5 off colors GGBBB w/o increased area and getting less duration I'll see how it feels --

Cheers
Hey those are some great points Nokta! I actually I didn't play much of the last League so I'm not all that familiar with all of the Abyss stuff. Originally I was going to try to do this build in the current league as a Hybrid build. Unfortunately the way the aura degens your health even if you out regen it. You'll still be unable to recharge your ES so I need to do some adjusting of the build.
3.2 tier 5 map clears currently processing (yes this build can do higher but I don't have that many maps to play around with yet)
Normal Atziri Viable (I'll make sure to video it next time)
Added current league gear to the guide.
Changed some gem setups.

Thinking of adding a leveling up to guide, I'm thinking of scorching ray, but I'd enjoy your thoughts on it. I leveled up with Blight and it was pretty slow until I could wear the armor.
Deathless Atziri run video up.
If you guys have specific maps or boss fights you'd like to see let me know and I'll try to make it happen! (within reason, I'm currently only around t12 maps)
Nice guide, thank you! :)
But could you add a leveling tree (f.e. 30lvl and 60lvl) for new players?
Last edited by DeeBesong on Mar 12, 2018, 3:51:34 PM
"
Nice guide, thank you! :)
But could you add a leveling tree (f.e. 30lvl and 60lvl) for new players?

I would second this :).
Level with Essence Drain/Contagion. Ezpz.

Here would be a decent starting tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.2.0/AAAABAMAAAceCPQOSBEvEZYTbRQJFr8i9CaIJpUrCiycRKtJUUmxVUtVrlxAXfJh4mpDbAttGXWedoJ_xoIQh8uPpo_6kyeVLqEvp5u00bVItzC86r6KyAzPFdfP37DrY--I8NX5Nw==
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Last edited by Moridin79 on Mar 13, 2018, 12:17:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info