[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Hey never played a CI character before and was wondering how you'd level with this ?
"

To get the strength required to equip find some items that will get you to atleast 180 to equip the armor. This should boost you to over 200 strength. You can then remove the items you used to equip the armor unless you go below 180. If you have to take the armor off for some reason you will be unable to equip it again until you raise your strength up again. I currently use a belt in these cases which has a large amount of strength.

So does this mean Death's oath aura will still work even if you use the work around? Wow that's cool.
It's like getting to keep the body armour (and levelling gems socketed) even while wearing a Bringer of Rain helmet.

Also, will enduring cry (life regen) work for early level survivability? Will Enduring cry work with the zealot keystone?
Last edited by tekkenshu7 on Sep 14, 2017, 10:01:15 AM
Hey Tekken! Yes Enduring Cry will transfer over to ES if you get the Zealots Oath Key Stone. As opposed to the method I suggested being a work around, I'm not entirely sure because you're still technically at the required strength but that's due to the armor granting you the needed strength. So I suppose it is a work around of sorts.

Hey D_Kai! For leveling I stayed as a life build until around level 70, (Was originally trying to make the build a life build but going CI made it so much easier. I wouldn't suggest going CI until level 65+ which is when you'll be able to start getting a decent amount of ES on your other gear slots.)
As for leveling, I started leveling from level 2 as a blight build and eventually switched over to use Dark Pact while using Warlords Mark for my leech to keep my health up from Dark Pacting. Once you reach the level to use the gloves that Give Blight though(And switch to CI) The damage from Dark Pact won't feel as strong, but it's still great for breaking barrels!
"
Hey Tekken! Yes Enduring Cry will transfer over to ES if you get the Zealots Oath Key Stone. As opposed to the method I suggested being a work around, I'm not entirely sure because you're still technically at the required strength but that's due to the armor granting you the needed strength. So I suppose it is a work around of sorts.

Hey D_Kai! For leveling I stayed as a life build until around level 70, (Was originally trying to make the build a life build but going CI made it so much easier. I wouldn't suggest going CI until level 65+ which is when you'll be able to start getting a decent amount of ES on your other gear slots.)
As for leveling, I started leveling from level 2 as a blight build and eventually switched over to use Dark Pact while using Warlords Mark for my leech to keep my health up from Dark Pacting. Once you reach the level to use the gloves that Give Blight though(And switch to CI) The damage from Dark Pact won't feel as strong, but it's still great for breaking barrels!

Thanks for the response Flasher :)
In terms of levellling, I suppose I'll use some other skills out there or us DP with skeletons :D
Pretty much any skill you feel comfortable with using! I'll admit leveling as blight was a bit rough but it definitely prepared me for the higher levels once I started mapping
Hey guys! Just finished uploading the before parts of most of the Tier 11 boss fights, just in case anyone was wondering how it performed on the trash as well, or thought I somehow just teleported straight to the boss with magic powers =P
Could you give a lvl 60 skill tree? It's a bit hard to figure out what to prioritize early in the game.
http://poeurl.com/bywc

That's about as close to a level 60 tree as I can get. The main thing you'll be focusing on getting will be ES and Aura Effect which increases the base damage of the aura. after that you'll just be grabbing damage nodes
Always wanted to play a Death's Oath oriented build. Thank you for the build mate.

I have made a few changes from your base idea, although minor:

- I run 3 curse auras (TC, Enf., Vuln.), discipline and vitality.
- For select bosses that are suicidal to approach under certain map rolls, I use Cast while Channeling with Essence Drain to snipe and kite. This is used in the gloves and lets me kill every boss.
- I have a 6L DO, and I am about to try a setup with Vengeance and Decay. I will post my findings here later.

I have just cleared a hexproof T14 Volcano with average mods:

My current gear, 7,36k ES:

Spoiler
Last edited by Duendecilla on Sep 17, 2017, 5:48:06 PM
Duplicated post due to not sure what.
Last edited by Duendecilla on Sep 17, 2017, 5:48:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info