[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Agree with the OP. Wicked Ward is in a bad state. Cutting our regen in half? C'mon. Instead of wasting 2-3 more passives to it we could go for 2-3 passives with 6% increased max ES for a solid 300 ES increase or so. Or some damage nodes for that matter. I just realized that today thanks to you mentioning it, and I'm fed up with its bullcrap mechanics. I run low life (not your build, just another occultist) and I get panicked life flask + sorrow of divine combo for 2160 flat ES recovered instantly + 6% of max ES regenerated per second. Wicked Ward just slows down ES rate and ES gets fucked even harder in maps with -60% less ES recovery. If regen/recharge rate are enough it'd do the job anyway.
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Sep 7, 2019, 4:54:28 PM
Do you have an update pob for this build?
"
verge252 wrote:
Do you have an update pob for this build?

All of the passive trees were updated for 3.8 before release. At the bottom of PoB you'll click Import Tree and paste the url there. I don't have a current pastebin link with gear because I'm working on getting gear first.
one last question, how do you level this up? what gears you use? and skill.?
"
verge252 wrote:
one last question, how do you level this up? what gears you use? and skill.?

I used a combination of Blight and zombies, but honestly you can use whatever you feel comfortable with, I would suggest leveling a blight and bane though in an alt weap swap if you chooze to level up otherwise.
I running up max 3 aura ( despair, discipline, melovelance). How about Vitality or Aspect of Spider, so do you able to run 4 aura in a row? I have Heretic Veil and a Shield that gives reduction mana reservation with 10 % which is not enough to run 4th aura.
Can give me PoB for 3.8 skill tree ?
"
ancientmind wrote:
I running up max 3 aura ( despair, discipline, melovelance). How about Vitality or Aspect of Spider, so do you able to run 4 aura in a row? I have Heretic Veil and a Shield that gives reduction mana reservation with 10 % which is not enough to run 4th aura.

Do you have the Chaos version of Impresence? It's the only way you'll be able to run the last Aura, I had forgotten about Aspect of the spider while I was re-editeding the guide for 3.8 I'll see how we can fit that into the build again!

"
Ductng192 wrote:
Can give me PoB for 3.8 skill tree ?

3.8 skill tree is already created on the first page of the build guide you can get it there yourself I promise.
I gained free 5 skill point thanks to Anoinments craft!

I picked the Utmost Intellect for stay loyal the build guide of course, so there were other options PS like

Light Eather (24% flat damage and some ES leech)
Arcane Guardian (gives 35% spell dmg but im not sure how much impact can have to DoT)
Retribution (Total 24% dmg, +10 str-int)
Charisma (8% reduced mana reserved, 6% increased effect non-curse auras)
Last edited by ancientmind on Sep 18, 2019, 7:22:37 AM
"
ancientmind wrote:
I gained free 5 skill point thanks to Anoinments craft!

I picked the Utmost Intellect for stay loyal the build guide of course, so there were other options PS like

Light Eather (24% flat damage and some ES leech)
Arcane Guardian (gives 35% spell dmg but im not sure how much impact can have to DoT)
Retribution (Total 24% dmg, +10 str-int)
Charisma (8% reduced mana reserved, 6% increased effect non-curse auras)

Hey! That's actually a really great idea, I can't get into the game at the moment so see which oils it takes. I've recently noticed that the aura radius on Death's Oath feels a lot smaller than it used to (Likely due to losing almost 40% aura radius and it not receiving an increase to make up for it) So I'm playing around with both area wheels of witch and templar. This has made a big impact on the size and makes it feel a lot smoother. So Hopefully dropping those 5 points will help me grab a bit more defense.

I likely won't add the annointments to the build except for this league, unless they decide to keep the content. Personally I really enjoy the blight encounters myself though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info