[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

"
Fewwy wrote:
Hello everyone :) another "padawan" is here to get more knowledge about Death’s Oath build. Currently, my occultist is level 85 got 3 curses + discipline working. As minions, I'm using lighting golem (casting speed for flame dash + blight) and holy relic (for es regen). I'm feeling that I don't have enough single target damage with Blight ( I tried yellow tier elder and portals were an issue). I'm working on getting another "spreading rot" jewel into my skill tree does anyone have some advice other than that?

I didn't consider using a lightning golem, I'm currently using a flame golem myself. I think a second spreading rot would definitely help out your single target damage as well. Also if you want to drop down to 1 or 2 curses, you could grab a Bone Helmet, which would give you a little more damage from the minion damage.

"
vadrieriand wrote:
hows the character dps in delve?

is it better than rf? granted DO build are cheaper so i wont expect much

A high end Death's Oath build will also do considerably less damage than a high end RF build because you can increase the damage through so many other mechanics. The major thing that Death's Oath builds have over RF builds is a much larger radius of damage, and the fact that it's chaos damage so all ES is generally not a factor for us. The major downside being the base damage is 450 (increased with aura effect nodes) which is still a relatively small number compared to what almost any other build can produce. It does have it's own fun factor of course, I can't really say it's a Unique build or playstyle anymore after so many leagues. I enjoy it myself though which is really all I play games for. =)

"
Skippsy wrote:
what is your setup for animate guardian? is it pretty straightforward as others or is yours built a specific way?

Hey Skippy it's pretty straight forward, Leer Cast, Dying Breath, Victario's Flight. and then whatever for chest/gloves. I'm sure there are suggested items for these slots but I haven't searched for one currently.
Hello, if you play Minion Damage better look for a weapon like that is more dmg and mine is not even good rolls

Thank you for the response, I'm currently level 75, running everything on par with your build outside of the helmet, currently rocking a goldrim cause its what i've had availabe. My issue is that I have 4.6k ES and I'm wondering where I can boost that even further, its pretty lacking and has given me a little trouble around t6 maps. I ran a RF build last league so I know things like this can sruggle withouth min/maxing but it seems like im not going to be able to boost it past 6k

"
JuventinosGR wrote:
Hello, if you play Minion Damage better look for a weapon like that is more dmg and mine is not even good rolls

Indeed a weapon like that would be great, I just now noticed the other damage mod was for when on full life which definitely makes it a lot stronger than a breath of the council. Did you craft that yourself? If so which fossils did you use?

"
Skippsy wrote:
Thank you for the response, I'm currently level 75, running everything on par with your build outside of the helmet, currently rocking a goldrim cause its what i've had availabe. My issue is that I have 4.6k ES and I'm wondering where I can boost that even further, its pretty lacking and has given me a little trouble around t6 maps. I ran a RF build last league so I know things like this can sruggle withouth min/maxing but it seems like im not going to be able to boost it past 6k

Hey again Skippsy! on my previous character with the points moved around and helm swapped out with a bone helm with es mods I'm currently sitting at 6.5k es. which is a little less than the 7kish that I would have with a decent ES helm. you're biggest source of ES will be coming from your shield so definitely make sure you have a shield with 300+ es if possible.
You can craft that weapon with a Bound Fossil and Pristine Fossil.
Hello there my fellow dude exiles!

I have a question for you! Please check my char (Lobaszo_Okol) and tell me how can I increase my damage! I know i am missing 6 slots in the armor but i dont have enough Jeweller's Orb to make it 6. Thats the only way atm i can increase my DPS? Any suggestion for easy, cheap gearing comparing to the current? I know I have to change my shield to an IQ shield because of ES but if i change my shield i have to get resistances from other sources and if this goes on i have to change half of my gear but atm i dont have the currencies atm. I will take any helpful suggestion although my english is pretty crap.

"
gmurz wrote:
You can craft that weapon with a Bound Fossil and Pristine Fossil.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out for them! Been playing some Pathfinder - Kingmaker lately!

"
seymalas wrote:
Hello there my fellow dude exiles!

I have a question for you! Please check my char (Lobaszo_Okol) and tell me how can I increase my damage! I know i am missing 6 slots in the armor but i dont have enough Jeweller's Orb to make it 6. Thats the only way atm i can increase my DPS? Any suggestion for easy, cheap gearing comparing to the current? I know I have to change my shield to an IQ shield because of ES but if i change my shield i have to get resistances from other sources and if this goes on i have to change half of my gear but atm i dont have the currencies atm. I will take any helpful suggestion although my english is pretty crap.

Hey Seymalas, you're characters are currently set to private so I'm not able to look at them. When/if you change this let me know and I'll take a look at your character to see if I can help you improve it for me.
Oh sorry i didnt know that i have an option to make them private. I think i have solved it you can check it out.

Thanks!
"
seymalas wrote:
Oh sorry i didnt know that i have an option to make them private. I think i have solved it you can check it out.

Thanks!

Okay so it looks like your gear is decent for general mapping around yellows without too many problems. You'll want to find(buy) enlighten gems for your helm to replace Arcane Surge and for your weapon to slot with your auras.

If you're having trouble finding enough resist while searching through poe.trade
in the search bar for mods type in "Total Elemental Resistance" and set it to 120 you can also then search for other Mods like Strength if you need more. A decent strength/120res ring shouldn't cost more than 5-10c generally.
"
"
seymalas wrote:

Thanks!

Okay so it looks like your gear is decent for general mapping around yellows without too many problems. You'll want to find(buy) enlighten gems for your helm to replace Arcane Surge and for your weapon to slot with your auras.

If you're having trouble finding enough resist while searching through poe.trade
in the search bar for mods type in "Total Elemental Resistance" and set it to 120 you can also then search for other Mods like Strength if you need more. A decent strength/120res ring shouldn't cost more than 5-10c generally.

Yep. 12k dps from the aura. Now i am trying to figure out how to sustain maps past tier 8 because i think i am doing something terribly wrong. Thanks! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info