[3.0] Balance - A CwC Frostbolt EE MoM VP guide

Last edited by ericut on Aug 30, 2017, 4:39:51 PM
"
ericut wrote:
What do you think about these changes?
Using Wand/Shield + Written in Blood and Melding

I've used wand + shield builds in the past, and although they can be fun, you cannot shield charge with them. I miss having the stats from a shield, but we have just as much block chance currently.

We don't need the reflect reduction from Ash, Frost and Storm, so at best those are 10% damage nodes. Similar to the extra spell damage node you picked up at the Light of Divinity cluster. If you just want raw damage, pathing past Storm Weaver is ultimately cheaper and you get more.

Lightning Walker does practically zero for the build. You also dropped one of the 5% life nodes of Cruel Preparation. 5% life and 8% mana from heart and soul (in a MoM build).

My build was for level 92. Your build is already at level 91, and does not have either the Melding nor Written in Blood clusters. That would be an additional 9 levels to obtain. (Level 100)

You dropped all of the staff nodes in order to swap to a shield and wand, yet you kept things like throatseeker, arcane potency, and annihilation. At this point, going for power charges and a spell dagger would likely be optimal for your approach (as well as enable shield charge).

I dislike the celestial wheel. like, a lot. seriously. It's terrible point per point investment for most builds. We don't care about burning damage, the 15% non-damaging ailment effect is *alright* but not worth it on it's own. The 25% increased damage almost makes the wheel acceptable, coupled with the 18% celestial judgement node. 69% cold and 44% fire isn't a bad deal at all, especially considering our damage direction for conversion. But you're giving up 280% crit chance and 100% multi to do so. (I already agreed that power charge generation on block is a negligible contribution to the build, so I won't count it against you.)

We also were able to achieve a quasi-8 link with our staff. Moving skills to chest means we actually *have* to have a 6 link to even feel alright with our CwC setup. There is less room for things like Empower/Life Leech.

Your version looks like it would be happier going Elemental Overload to be honest. In which case you drop a lot more crit nodes and path for more life etc. Likely more like this.

I've made similar builds in the past, but without some sort of neato stuff going on (Like lioneye's Vision/Repentance) going on, it will likely feel low damage. And if you want to go crit without sufficient tree investment, you're going to have to buy some rediculosuly expensive one hander to try to make up for it imo.

But! If you want to use a shield so much, I highly recommend playing around with a Thirst for Horrors shield. It gives you 1% global damage life leech.

However you want to modify it to your liking, I hope you enjoy and have fun!

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
Kwitch wrote:
"
ericut wrote:
What do you think about these changes?
Using Wand/Shield + Written in Blood and Melding

I've used wand + shield builds in the past, and although they can be fun, you cannot shield charge with them. I miss having the stats from a shield, but we have just as much block chance currently....

Thank you!

I really appreciate your considerations, and glad about the time you took for it.

I'll study this. And work in my build.
Maybe I go forward with Realm Ender (With Written in Blood and Melding), already bought it and working to get 5-link.

Again.. Thank you!

Last edited by ericut on Aug 31, 2017, 4:13:59 PM
It should be noted that I have made reasonable changes to the order and sequence of gem links in the build.

I've dropped shock nova, arctic armour/minion life.
I've added power charge on critical, self-cast Immortal Call + moved arcane surge to it.

This should improve uptime of both arcane surge and power charges, while simultaneously improving survivability adding a source for immortal call.

Also made an option of removing herald of thunder for orb of storms for higher ehp (less reserved mana) and replacing innervate with ICS to improve PCoC deployment.

Cheers
I was actually thinking about picking up some reduced reservation and running dual curse for Endurance and Power charges through Blasphemy. I am really lazy I like having curse Aura's. But it would be pretty tight, I'd either need a deodre's ring I think or sacrifice some dmg nodes somewhere to get up to the resveration nodes/whispers of doom.

P.S. Thank's for staying active on your post and answering questions!
"
Gaidin85 wrote:
I was actually thinking about picking up some reduced reservation and running dual curse for Endurance and Power charges through Blasphemy. I am really lazy I like having curse Aura's. But it would be pretty tight, I'd either need a deodre's ring I think or sacrifice some dmg nodes somewhere to get up to the resveration nodes/whispers of doom.

P.S. Thank's for staying active on your post and answering questions!
Of course, my pleasure! I really enjoy the theorycrafting part of designing builds, and despite my years playing I constantly gain inspiration and ideas from other players. I benefit from this invested time as much as anyone.

I have concerns with the dual blasphemy method, merely because the build counts on MoM availability to take incoming 'one-shot' hit mechanics. It's the player's hp / 3 = amount of mana required available to soak.

So lets say you were running dual blasphemies with some mana reservation clusters... lets imagine Sovereignty and Leadership (The best ones imo).

That's 26% mana reservation (14 + 12). Here's the reservation calculator for that, assuming you have dual curse blasphemy online and a clarity somewhere without enlighten.

https://poe.mikelat.com/#yfN1hy/GMqVb.

In this hypothetical scenario, 5000 / 3 = 1,667 hp, as being the value of mana we want for MoM. That calculation only has 705 mana available. Enlighten level 3 only brings it up to 798. It's definitely sub-optimal.

As for the design / playstyle, it's totally doable. If you prefer not having to lightning warp around to shock and enable HoT, or just remove it altogether, this could work. But how are you getting around quickly, and what do you prioritize over LW?

Lots of variation possible here depending on how many buttons you wish to press.

Cheers
Last edited by Kwitch on Sep 1, 2017, 3:43:13 PM
Do you need a high roll on Voidbringer's "Increased mana cost of skills" in order to proc Arcane Surge from Immortal Call? Because I don't see how you spend enough mana to proc lvl 10 Arcane Surge.
Hello bro, i posted some time ago, since i was kinda bussy with real life.

But i just reached level 90 with this build, (i changed it a bit)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/chwyixpop/characters?characterName=IMFreezingDude

Here it is, i got around same damage with the Frostbolt than you with some additions, i've been thinking about changing necklace for a Karui ward with + 1 curse and boots for Skyforth.. but im poor.. haha

What do you think about this path?? also messed up a bit with skill tree.

Thanks for the introduce to the build man! keep it up!

Regards.
Last edited by chwyixpop on Sep 29, 2017, 12:54:39 PM
"
Azrash wrote:
Do you need a high roll on Voidbringer's "Increased mana cost of skills" in order to proc Arcane Surge from Immortal Call? Because I don't see how you spend enough mana to proc lvl 10 Arcane Surge.

I haven't really had the time to push progression with this build, it's been a very busy semester. That said, I can definitely answer questions regarding this point.

If you use the wiki to confirm the cost of Arcane Surge activation, you will find that at level 10, 64 mana must be spent to activate AS consistently. And for the 4 link setup that it is located in, I currently have Immortal Call and Increased Duration.

My voidbringers are 77% increased mana cost (out of a possible max of 80%).

Due to this, the mana cost of my immortal call is 92 mana. I only require the cost to be 64 for level 10 AS. In reality, I could use level 11 AS at 80 mana requirement and still consistently hit it. I left it at 10 for guide reasons, due to not everyone will have 77% multiplier voidbringers.

With only 60% Voidbringers (halfway roll between minimum and maximum), the cost of Immortal Call goes down to 83, which could still run level 11 AS if I wanted to push it. Lower % rolls than that will cause problems with players that don't realize why AS is not triggering for them consistently.

So again, it was for the purpose of the guide. Individual tweaking is entirely possible.

"
chwyixpop wrote:
What do you think about this path??

This profile tab has been set to private or you the lack the permissions to view it.

I would gladly review your character pathing etc, once you go to your account privacy settings on this website, and enable public viewing of characters.
Sorry for taking a while to comment back

I changed the privacy settings

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/chwyixpop/characters?characterName=IMFreezingDude
Here it is thanks bro!
Last edited by chwyixpop on Oct 6, 2017, 9:47:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info