(Buy Supporter Packs as groups to leverage your voices!)

Hi,

I'd just like to encourage people to group together, using their collective purchasing power as leverage to accomplish mutually agreed-upon ends.

For example: Say you really want... oh, I don't know... some reasonable change to the Labyrinth to be made. Now, if you're trying to excise the Labyrinth from the game, then you're just wasting your time... but if you wanted some change to the Enchantment system, for example... maybe some way of restricting the pool of possible Enchantments per run... maybe something like that might be possible.

But the point is, we should work together to communicate clearly to GGG what it is we want. One person saying, "Here's a list of things I want; if you agree, I will buy a Supporter Pack (or upgrade my current one)" has little impact... but two-hundred people saying, "Here's a list of things we want; if you agree, we will each buy/upgrade a Supporter Pack" has more pull.

For the larger Guilds, if you guys are properly organized, you might consider talking about working under your leadership to draft some desired changes to PoE, seeing how many of you are able to buy/upgrade a Supporter Pack.

Just some food for thought.

Best,
Bwam
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 1:18:59 PM
I've often suggested that the helmet mod be weighed towards the type of helmet used similar to how socket colors are weighed. If I apply it to a INT helm, I should expect to get an Int skill. Not a guarantee... but a better chance of one.
Players forcing a game to change to suit their whims sounds like a great way to ruin said game.
"
Velari wrote:
Players forcing a game to change to suit their whims sounds like a great way to ruin said game.

No, it isn't "forcing" -- it's, rather, amplifying our voices, demonstrating a seriousness in terms of what is wanted.

With thousands of voices all crying out for different changes, it can sometimes be hard to see how seriously people want what they're asking for, and what's just noise.

This suggestion is a way for people to engage in "investor-like" discourse....

For those of us who shy away from being labeled "consumers," but would rather be considered Supporters, organizing together allows us to behave more like investors.

While there are definitely some people who will shell out cash just to look fancy, I think there's a large number of us who feel like we're contributing to a living, on-going project... and that by contributing, we extend its longevity... and that, for us, is the primary reason we support. (Although, yes, we do like looking fancy too :P.)
Last edited by bwam on Aug 18, 2017, 1:07:51 PM
But we aren't investors, and as such *should NOT* have that kind of power. GGG is not a publicly traded company. Buying a supporter pack is a purchase of MTXes. It isn't an investment. This is a pretty common misconception made by people that have little to no understanding of the difference between an investor and a consumer or patron of a business. GGG may have investors, but they are on a private level, as again, they are not a publicly traded company. Also, that kind of "We will pay to have you make this or that change to the game" idea... is an extremely scary proposition, and fortunately is something that will never happen. When GGG becomes beholden to that kind of tactic, the game dies.
U MAD?
Last edited by Docbp87 on Aug 18, 2017, 1:35:57 PM
"
Docbp87 wrote:
But we aren't investors, and as such *should NOT* have that kind of power. GGG is not a publicly traded company. Buying a supporter pack is a purchase of MTXes.

"GGG isn't publicly traded => People shouldn't band together to petition for content requests."

Right. 'Cause that makes sense.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
It isn't an investment. This is a pretty common misconception made by people that have little to no understanding of the difference between an investor and a consumer or patron of a business. GGG may have investors, but they are on a private level, as again, they are not a publicly traded company.

Look, I don't know if you're trying to be dull on purpose, but I didn't say anything about taking up the moniker "investor." And I'm really not sure why it set you off the way it did, my using that word. Maybe "investor" is a trigger word for Trolls who like to lash out at innocuous ideas with inane criticism, IDK.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
Also, that kind of "We will pay to have you make this or that change to the game" idea... is an extremely scary proposition, and fortunately is something that will never happen. When GGG becomes beholden to that kind of tactic, the game dies.

SMH. Some people.
The thing is, we already have dozens of people saying, "Do this or nobdy will ever buy a support pack again." or "I was going to buy a pack but-".

Your idea is much the same thing, just phrased in positive terms rather than negative.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
"
bwam wrote:
Hi,

I'd just like to encourage people to group together, using their collective purchasing power as leverage to accomplish mutually agreed-upon ends.

For example: Say you really want... oh, I don't know... some reasonable change to the Labyrinth to be made. Now, if you're trying to excise the Labyrinth from the game, then you're just wasting your time... but if you wanted some change to the Enchantment system, for example... maybe some way of restricting the pool of possible Enchantments per run... maybe something like that might be possible.

But the point is, we should work together to communicate clearly to GGG what it is we want. One person saying, "Here's a list of things I want; if you agree, I will buy a Supporter Pack (or upgrade my current one)" has little impact... but two-hundred people saying, "Here's a list of things we want; if you agree, we will each buy/upgrade a Supporter Pack" has more pull.

For the larger Guilds, if you guys are properly organized, you might consider talking about working under your leadership to draft some desired changes to PoE, seeing how many of you are able to buy/upgrade a Supporter Pack.

Best,
Bwam

This would be sort of valid if supporter packs granted any power whatsoever in the changes the game is going trough periodically. They do not however so your proposition is fundamentally flawed.

The only thing you could alter with this idea is the MTX design that you buy with the supporter packs. Even in that case you power is close to nothing because it's a choice to bey it or not.

Also you triggering and mocking the person that simply explained how investment works, because you used the word without knowing it's meaning, simply shows what kind of person you are. As does your ridiculous idea that stems out of your delusion that purchasing a supporter pack gives you any sort of power of decision. It does not. It gives you pixels and if you pay enough a T-shirt.

Good day to you sir. Let this silly thread die. The game is fine.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
bwam wrote:
Hi,

Best,
Bwam

This would be sort of valid if supporter packs granted any power whatsoever in the changes the game is going trough periodically. They do not however so your proposition is fundamentally flawed.

The only thing you could alter with this idea is the MTX design that you buy with the supporter packs. Even in that case you power is close to nothing because it's a choice to bey it or not.

Also you triggering and mocking the person that simply explained how investment works, because you used the word without knowing it's meaning, simply shows what kind of person you are. As does your ridiculous idea that stems out of your delusion that purchasing a supporter pack gives you any sort of power of decision. It does not. It gives you pixels and if you pay enough a T-shirt.

Good day to you sir. Let this silly thread die. The game is fine.

Trigger? Pew-pew, "you don't know what investing is *waaah*" & "you're deluded and ridiculous."

Looks like the only one pulling triggers here is someone who doesn't know how to read and can't really parse logic properly.

Pew-pew-pew.

Last edited by bwam on Aug 19, 2017, 10:12:54 AM
"
crystalwitch wrote:
The thing is, we already have dozens of people saying, "Do this or nobdy will ever buy a support pack again." or "I was going to buy a pack but-".

Your idea is much the same thing, just phrased in positive terms rather than negative.

*Nod* I understand what you're saying. There is a difference, as you acknowledged... but it's more than just positive/negative.

My proposition is a negotiation tactic, meant to set-up a group entity offering its (considerable) financial assistance in exchange for some minor changes.

Alone, one Supporter pack isn't really consequential/considerable. But... what was the quote from the most recent Planet of the Apes movie?... "When Ape Together... .... ... Ape STRONG!"

It's not meant as an arm-twisting measure, but rather as a way for a group of people (who feel strongly about something) to say, "This is something we really care about and want, and we'd like to use a carrot to make it happen."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info