The Harbinger Supporter Packs

I’m seriously concerned about the path GGG has taken regarding the optical appearance of the chars.

Oriath packs were already pityful disgusting (with the exception of Outlaw), Harbinger mtx just plain ridiculous – and now this abomination.

Maybe a smart new target-group analysis by GGG has taken place: “Hey, those veteran whales will buy all our stuff anyway. So let’s milk the aesthetically retarded chumps who think flashy lights & screaming colours are somehow appealing.”

Failed strategy at least in my case: no support from me this time.

Dark and gritty, my arse.
That supporter pack looks like no mtx :P Only what is worth bought in this supporter pack is tiger, weapon and character effect :/ Armour set is really weak.
OH, so beautiful!
Looks like something a three year old drew up. Work of underpaid designers.
"
Rashkaldor wrote:
I’m seriously concerned about the path GGG has taken regarding the optical appearance of the chars.

Oriath packs were already pityful disgusting (with the exception of Outlaw), Harbinger mtx just plain ridiculous – and now this abomination.

Maybe a smart new target-group analysis by GGG has taken place: “Hey, those veteran whales will buy all our stuff anyway. So let’s milk the aesthetically retarded chumps who think flashy lights & screaming colours are somehow appealing.”

Failed strategy at least in my case: no support from me this time.

Dark and gritty, my arse.

wow. for me it is the other way around. the outlaw set was the only one i didn't like.
this new harbinger pack looks awesome.
actual caster Armour, love the pet and character effect, too bad no portal.
Was the armor set made over the past week by an intern or something? The tiger is nice(and we know it was made before 3.0 launch) but the cape is quite lackluster and the armor set is... acquired taste at best. The helmet is just horrendous, though. Now, it is a bonus for buying the pack and ''free game meme'' but it's quite disappointing.

Harbinger league is one to forget as quickly as possible.
Very disappointed in these packs, so I will skip them. Sry.

There was huge potential here. A levitating char effect for example. Making us really look like the harbingers do. And the portal would have been a nice addition, too.

Also I can't shake off the feeling that all good looking stuff from now on will always be exclusive to those god-damn boxes.

That being said, I think we can agree that a single armor set costing more than 40$, is already
quite pricey. However, even that amount of money seems not to be enough for GGG these days.

Better to put it into the scam box, with 50 other items and at least another full armor set to lower the chances of getting what you want even more.

The path you take right now is one i do not agree with and I also think it's one you don't need to go. The game got supported by alot of people before you introduced those tactics, else you wouldn't be in the place you are right now. Please consider this. And all the other feedback given in this thread so far.

hmm, I really like blue colored mtx, but the harbinger character flame effect animates way too fast and it completely overpowers anything else you are trying to do with dressing up a character.

Its not subtle enough and a bit harsh on the eyes after using it awhile. If the flame animated slower and the alpha blending was a bit smoother, it would address the lack of polish it has compared to the chaos and order mystery box mtx.

I bought it cause I wanted some points for the chaos and order mystery boxes, but im disappointed.
Also as someone that owns the lunaris weapon effect, I feel like the harbinger one is a bit too similar.

One more thing that does concern me that others have brought up is that the harbinger mtx does seem to veer off towards a 'world of warcraft' style with its overpowering effects and brighter color, its missing something to ground it in a darker aesthetic.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
Last edited by Ruby_Lux on Aug 18, 2017, 5:49:04 AM
MTX design is worse and worse. Oriath supporter packs were meh... harbinger are just ugly :/
***** If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done? *****

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info