[3.24]💥Lahkesis Queen of Chaos"Essence Drain/Bane"[LowLife] 💥💥

"
mythicize wrote:
Excuse me for stating the obvious here but this build is incredible. I was all set to play a ED trickster for 3.9. But I came across your guide and although it seems intimidating at first glance; I can't wait to try this.

I am new to poe and only reached level 86 in blight on a summoner before making many mistakes that kept me from progressing.

This gives me a clear path for 3.9 and an awesome goal of creating a really cool character!

Are there any over advantages or disadvantages between occultist essence drain combos and trickster setups?

The guide is made to be very detailed and includes as many options as possible, to cover possibilities that can amplify its power. Around 3.7 when Occultist was hammered with losing about 2k ES and requires a lot of investment to make her strong again, I arrive in 3.8 and list those options to restore the vintage defensive/tanky Occultist we've known. That's why there's a lot to write about and so they work out in the end as I slapped certain changes and she's unkillable in maps, and can farm endgame bosses easily. I don't like the fact that GGG has turned everything into glasscannon style for the clear speed madness and all that because I'm a more defensive player who prefers a lot of defense to tank stuff (and I often make all characters as tanky as possible regardless of class) and Occultist is such a fine choice to be a tank.

What's made her tanky again than ever since all the nasty changes in 3.7 is the combination of high dodge chance (almost as high as a ranger with Vaal Grace, Enfeeble for accuracy reduction, permanent Blind from Sand Stance and other things), almost infinite flask charges during mapping/delving (almost similar to Pathfinder), as tanky as a Juggernaut (3 endurance charges, malediction, a ton of physical mitigation) while doing a lot of damage with ED to kill bosses (similar to Slayer/Necromancers with great single target) and skyhigh chaos resistance + other damage mitigation tools (which is almost similar to CI builds, close to immune to chaos damage). If you follow the tanky setup/defense you can be even tankier than Trickster while also doing more damage with curses. It's the best of all worlds and I hope Occultist stays the way she is in 3.8 right now, when 3.9 arrives.
A filthy casual
Last edited by Hologram_o on Dec 7, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
up
NO ICHIGO, NO PARTY
Art Director Graphic Designer,reading,watching anime,gamer
Queen of chaos https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1963181/
My Profile https://www.facebook.com/MuhammadAhmedAbdo
My Behance https://www.behance.net/MuhammedAhmedAbdo
Thanks for updating to 3.9, but how would one go about gearing with the new nerfed mutli-mod crafting?
"
mana248 wrote:
Thanks for updating to 3.9, but how would one go about gearing with the new nerfed mutli-mod crafting?

Don't sweat too much, there are ways to get around this. PoE is all about solving the problems and yes sometimes things get kinda bullshit and hard to solve it's just part of this game. Don't forget the PLUS support gems that are out there. Currently I'm thinking of 2 rare rings that can potentially give more dmg than Mark of the Shaper + Elder ring, which are both more expensive and harder to get this league. Soul Strike might get nerfed, so a rare bow might finally work. I can see gearing for Low Life now becomes even more difficult than before, but since this is bow league, stuff should be cheaper for Occy here. Will see in a couple days.

I'm not league starting with Occy, however, but I do come back to the character (in Standard) from time to time.
A filthy casual
is bane alone gonna be enough for mapping if i get a vixen's entrapment? i want to mainly use bane with ed for bosses and maybe replace contagion for something else
build looks very interesting but bows are a major turn off for me when I'm playing a caster. hopefully we get some dank new mods we can roll with the new exalts and you make a mini-guide on creating a BIS weapon.
Last edited by apexmateria1 on Dec 11, 2019, 7:13:23 AM
Heya, I'm a bit of a noob to PoE, been around for a long time, but never really got a build rolling too high.

I'm liking the general playstyle of this build though and will league start it in 3.9
- I am however wondering how? I mean, in the lowlife pob you have progression from act to act, but the lifebased does not, what does one go for first?
- Secondly, how do you go from lifebased to lowlife once you have the gear? Do you reset all the points with those orbs (regret is it?) or how do you do it?

I did try this build in 3.7 and got to lvl 57, not sure which build I used, but I really enjoyed leveling with it. It was hard at times, pretty squishy (think I did something wrong more than once) but all in all a great build.

- Thank you for the build.
"
Suttekluden wrote:
Heya, I'm a bit of a noob to PoE, been around for a long time, but never really got a build rolling too high.

I'm liking the general playstyle of this build though and will league start it in 3.9
- I am however wondering how? I mean, in the lowlife pob you have progression from act to act, but the lifebased does not, what does one go for first?
- Secondly, how do you go from lifebased to lowlife once you have the gear? Do you reset all the points with those orbs (regret is it?) or how do you do it?

I did try this build in 3.7 and got to lvl 57, not sure which build I used, but I really enjoyed leveling with it. It was hard at times, pretty squishy (think I did something wrong more than once) but all in all a great build.

Whether life-based or low-life, you'll need to league start with life, and then switch to low life or not later on. And the concept is simple, you go for as many life nodes as possible at start. A good benchmark to remember is 300 per act - Depending on your gear, that would mean you reach 3.5k life by the time you start mapping. The skill tree is a bit different - for life-based you'll need to eventually head to the Phase Acro + Acro clusters by the time you start mapping (so get to these after killing Kitava). As you level up if you start feeling damage is lacking, go for the damage nodes nearby, and don't be afraid to spec into a +30 Str/Dex node as you'll need a bit of those to fulfill item requirement as you upgrade your gear, however only do that when you have to get those stats somewhere to equip certain items you want, so look carefully.

The switch to low life has been mentioned in the guide - you buy all needed ES gear at the same time to make the switch. You do this by planning out what kind of ES items you need for gloves, rings, quiver, etc. You'll need to create these items in PoB (There's a Craft option to the right on the top bar of PoB where you look at your gear to create a rare item with the desired mods to match with what you actually want in the game, and you can also search to include uniques in there if needed). This will help show you how much ES you'll end up with as you level up. So stock up Regret orbs for this, a lot of them will be needed (I think around 60 but it can be less than that).
A filthy casual
"
Hologram_o wrote:
"
Suttekluden wrote:

Whether life-based or low-life, you'll need to league start with life, and then switch to low life or not later on. And the concept is simple, you go for as many life nodes as possible at start. A good benchmark to remember is 300 per act - Depending on your gear, that would mean you reach 3.5k life by the time you start mapping. The skill tree is a bit different - for life-based you'll need to eventually head to the Phase Acro + Acro clusters by the time you start mapping (so get to these after killing Kitava). As you level up if you start feeling damage is lacking, go for the damage nodes nearby, and don't be afraid to spec into a +30 Str/Dex node as you'll need a bit of those to fulfill item requirement as you upgrade your gear, however only do that when you have to get those stats somewhere to equip certain items you want, so look carefully.

The switch to low life has been mentioned in the guide - you buy all needed ES gear at the same time to make the switch. You do this by planning out what kind of ES items you need for gloves, rings, quiver, etc. You'll need to create these items in PoB (There's a Craft option to the right on the top bar of PoB where you look at your gear to create a rare item with the desired mods to match with what you actually want in the game, and you can also search to include uniques in there if needed). This will help show you how much ES you'll end up with as you level up. So stock up Regret orbs for this, a lot of them will be needed (I think around 60 but it can be less than that).

Ok, thank you for the answer :)
the pob links are not updated for 3.9. can i still use them?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info