[3.6] Demi's TasteTheLemon, CI Or Life Cospri's Malice CoC Discharge Assassin Build Guide

So passive tree changed a bit. To reach Soul Thief, Infused, Resourcefulness, and Gem slot in the CI version you have to spend either 1 point more on +10 int, or spend 3 points more, and go through Lethal Assault, or bypass Lethal Assault from the left, and spend 2 points more than in 3.5. Which path would be the best? I was thinking about this "2 points more" option.
Hi! can you update your Skilltree CI build. thanks
So I notice the 3.6 PoB for CI doesn't have anywhere near enough Dex to equip Cospri's... The build comes in at 153 (that's including your +55 Dex on gloves) whereas it requires 212.

Am I missing something? I already started leveling this build D:

The best I can see so far is (assuming 0 Dex on gear thus needing 114+ Dex):

Unnatural Instinct path must drop (5 nodes) which respec into Agility(2), Fangs of the Viper(2) and Alacrity(1).

That puts us at 80 Dex and then some 4 dangling nodes must drop for Practical Applications(2) and 2x +10 Dex nodes to get to 114+ Dex and equip the sword making it a 9 node respec including the loss of UI for GG gear.

Final edit: New PoB update released a short while ago with the proper 3.6 skill tree. After adjusting the CI PoB to get back to where it would have been in the Resourcefulness region we can actually ignore one of the +10 Dex nodes only making it an 8 node respec to equip Cospri's.

There's probably a way better method(s) to pull all this off so I defer to Demi and his knowledge/experience.
Last edited by azul_tfc on Mar 9, 2019, 8:34:48 AM
I found another solution. From Coldhearted Calculation we go down to Fangs of the Viper which sets us back on track in the right part of the tree (Resourcefulnes, Infused, Soul thief, and jewel socket). Then we take Alacrity, and with the same gear (+55 gloves) we end up having 213 dex - so gloves must have 54 dex. To do that we have to totally drop Alchemist (3 points), and 1 point from energy shield near Witch starting area. This way we can still have Unnatural instinct, and Intuitive leap. Dunno if this is best way, but seems most reasonable to me.

@edit

Instead of Alchemist (which grants us quite nice bonuses), we can drop Influence, as it gives us only around 200 ES, and 35 es leech.
Last edited by ate1990 on Mar 11, 2019, 5:50:46 AM
So I am brand new to POE but I wnated to make a coc char this league and I found this guide. Could any of you post your preliminary builds/skill tree until this one gets updated? I'd like to progress but I'm afraid of doing it wrong.
I just realized that Unnatural Instinct itself grants +15 Dex from small passives in it's radius at the intended location. This takes us back up to a required 119+ (final edit from my previous post yields 104+) Dex required on the tree for a character with 0 Dex on their gear. The 9 point respec I initially looked into stands in that situation.

I like ate1990's respec method as it only requires 3 points (assuming you can hit the required Dex on gear and afford Unnatural Instinct). Until UI and gear with enough Dex can be obtained, we're still going to need to pick up extra Dex from any of the other nodes I pointed to it seems. Kind of unfortunate but I guess it's a drive to grind out that currency :)

Still holding out for Demi to weigh in on this one as he's OP.
Last edited by azul_tfc on Mar 9, 2019, 7:13:27 PM
So did anyone actually succesfully followed this build? I kindof abandonned it, mixed a bit of life, and CI versions, changed gear to inya's epiphacy boots, helmet to starkonjas head(no dex in tree changes needed), gifts from above, and precursor's emblem ring. At this point still no Cospris mallice, because im pretty much unlucky with drop this league (best item dropped was regal orb, lamo). I also had volls protector at some point, but dropped it for a random rare chest (inya's boots, and ring give me charges).
So against packs of enemies its good, but bossfighting is a nightmare. I have 4 link blade vortex setup + vaal RF for this, but im still struggling. Clearing maps is EZ, but killing boss...
At this point im saving up for Cospris, and then maybe lorevawe. So far it's most fragile build i played.
I re-rolled into an ED trickster farmer build. I plan to come back to this build (preferably the CI version) when I make enough currency to get all the gear needed to make this work properly. I feel like one needs to go either full-on with the life version or the CI version, a mixture won't suffice (as I learned from trying). The leeching is critical to the defenses and there isn't enough life-leech/life-gain trying to make due with the CI-intended pathing.

Single-target damage was also nearly non-existent for me when I tried getting the CoC setup going but I:

1) Wasn't able to afford a Cospri's yet
2) Was using Reduced Mana Support as a 5th link because I didn't have access to -# to Mana Cost ring crafting
3) Had hit chance fluctuating from 89%-93% on cyclone
4) Had no real way to guarantee consistent power-charge generation in single-target without Power Charge on Crit/Inya's
5) Suffered from the absence of Endurance charge Discharge damage from Voll's Devotion

etc

What I probably should have done was go with the life variant and a Lycosidae and then completely respec later on once I had farmed up the necessary gear. I'm still confident the build will perform very well once everything is in place but for now I'll be sticking with my trickster with the goal of making that happen at a later date.
Last edited by azul_tfc on Mar 15, 2019, 7:38:51 PM
I am running the life version and doing fairly well. I didn't get it going until I already made 2ex from another build, and had volls devotion + a cospri's right away.

I have no plans to switch to CI because it seems the dex requirements sort of killed it. My gear is not not exceptional, just decent, but I'm doing really well in t6 maps.

Going to continue pushing to higher maps and see how high I can go with the life version.

How to level this build correctly? Already 4 is barely going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info