Death's Oath not scaling with Swift Affliction and Efficacy Support

"
Vipermagi wrote:

It's a Spell alright. It deals Damage over Time however, and DoT is never Spell Damage.
(important technicalities, it can save your life ;P )
(Skills can have a special modifier to apply Spell Damage modifiers to DoT, but Death's Oath does not have this modifier)

No it honestly doesn't have the spell tag, the tags it has is chaos, Damage over time, area, aura. Those 4. The only reason something would have the "spell" tag would only be if spell related modifiers can apply to it OR it can be cast which from what I know of this aura it's always on so you don't cast it.

Though even if I'm horribly wrong about that it doesn't make death aura any better of a "skill"
Last edited by IonDrako on Aug 19, 2017, 6:52:41 AM
And this is the bug forums. Go argue about this shit in the feedback forum or else where, where this shit belongs and stop cluttering up this forum.

You've got your answer about what is and isn't a bug with this item.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Personally i think deaths oath is in a fine place atm. Through the help of path of building i managed to get up above 10k dps. Which is pretty danm good as a secondary damage. If you plan to use the aura as your main skill you are doing it wrong.

The aura cant use 6 sockets anyway.. so you dont need to make them all off colour, so it does not really matter that it is str body. I combined the chest pierce with my dark pact build and used the last red socket on my body for empower, did not get it lvled yet but the point is you dont need 6 off colours.

I could even see this body being used in a necro supporter build. Since they allready get a lot of aura effects that would increase the damage to, and to add to that it is an aura so commander of darkness should work with it.
"
IonDrako wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

It's a Spell alright. It deals Damage over Time however, and DoT is never Spell Damage.
(important technicalities, it can save your life ;P )
(Skills can have a special modifier to apply Spell Damage modifiers to DoT, but Death's Oath does not have this modifier)

No it honestly doesn't have the spell tag, the tags it has is chaos, Damage over time, area, aura. Those 4. The only reason something would have the "spell" tag would only be if spell related modifiers can apply to it OR it can be cast which from what I know of this aura it's always on so you don't cast it.

Though even if I'm horribly wrong about that it doesn't make death aura any better of a "skill"
Vipermagi is correct that the skill is a spell.

The skill does not have any tags, because skills do not have tags. Gems have tags, and this skill does not come from a gem.
So does it scale with spell damage, or is it more like Righteous Fire where it is a spell that applies a "buff" that causes damage instead? I guess it wouldn't since damage over time only scales with spell damage if the skill specifically says it does.

Is there any reason for it to be a spell in particular? Does it not trigger if you are Silenced when you put thr chest on?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
taggedjc wrote:
The Gem description implies it should work on any skill that deals damage or has a duration, but currently it only works on skills that hit or have a duration.
That's not true - it currently correctly supports any skill that only does DoT with no hits, if that skill has the modifier that applies spell damage modifiers to the skill's DoT effect (Scorching Ray, etc). It's failing to support DoT-only skills without that modifier, which is a bug.

Scorching Ray has a duration, as does Vortex and Essence Drain.

So what I said is not untrue - it supports skills that hit or skills that have a duration. It doesn't support skills that do neither. This is due to a bug as you say. I was just pointing out what it currently supports.
Last edited by taggedjc on Aug 23, 2017, 5:16:58 AM
"
taggedjc wrote:
Scorching Ray has a duration, as does Vortex and Essence Drain.

So what I said is not untrue - it supports skills that hit or skills that have a duration. It doesn't support skills that do neither. This is due to a bug as you say. I was just pointing out what it currently supports.
Fair point. I was speaking to what the actual restrictions it enforces are, as opposed to how you can group skills that are available to players and meet those restrictions.
Was it fixed? I mean, the efficacy one.
No
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
don't know what you mean but if you add duration tag via arcane surge efficacy works just fine both for tooltip and actual gameplay. just checked
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1987456/page/2#p14938829

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info