[3.0] Naoko's Crystal Shot Raider (Budget / League Starter / Clearspeed / Movement Speed)
I've been playing PoE since the closed beta. I became a more serious player about 2 years ago however my job doesn't allow myself to play more than 2x2 months straight a year. Anyway, it's the first build I post in forums, feel free to give some advice if you feel like it, I'll look at it.
I've been able to end game almost every league for uber lab, atziri and guardians with my own builds. My last one was about a Berserker with savage hit tornado shot with 7k life (built on breach) and maybe I'll update it for 3.0 there's interesting stuff even if Reach have been nerfed.
Anyway, enough useless talk, let's get to the point.
What’s behind the build?
I’ve been playing mostly with bows from past years and I always thought Ice Shot looks awesome but there’s wasn’t much build plus they didn’t suit my gameplay so I made mine. Mobility & clearspeed is the main focus of my build, that’s the way I love to play, it’s still really suitable for bosses even though you might not be able to kill Shaper without a few workaround in the build/gear.
Why raider? Well, you can stack up to 90% chance to evade attacks pretty easily, we got a huge movement speed buff (At least 250%), status ailments immunity and decent dps buff. In map you basically never get hit by trash and since we leech a lot you’ll able to front tank most bosses.
Just saying this build has been incredibly easy & fun to level the only sucky part is Act 8, 9 & 10 bosses unless you want to "waste" your time capping your res while leveling.
Main attack : Ice Shot
Boss attack : Barrage
Pros & Cons
- Budget & league starter
- Double defense mechanics (Freeze & Evasion)
- Nice clearspeed
- VERY high evasion (We’ll get over 90% to evade attacks)
- Status ailments proof (As well as freezing strongbox)
- Life leech
- You can throw money in it to make it really powerful
- Can do every maps mods
- Reflect proof until you 6link Ice Shot
- Low hp (about 4k - 5k unless you spent money in it)
- Bosses are a bit long until you 5L barrage
- It's still evasion, if you get hit, you get hit hard (I'd recommend a failsafe instant flask for
that, I will talk about it the build)
- Play it smartly or you’ll die, I'll put some advice in the build
- The Beachhead (I'm using those as 90+ leveling, it's pretty safe)
- Uber lab (You can easily run up to 3-4 person however since we use vaal pact it's not the ideal
build to run it as a service)
- Atziri (1hit each phase for normal Atziri)
- Rare unidentified corrupted map T12-T15 (Which I did for leveling)
Here's the second version of my tree, we get around 15% more crits chance, 54% more multiplier, more res from tree and more jewel access. Deadly Draw can be removed there's some workaround that can be nice with those "extra" points.
The average when you mouse over your skill will be better, however, all buffed your total dps will be a bit lower and we lose a bit of evasion but overall I think that one is better.
2nd version: http://poeurl.com/btyR
1st version: http://poeurl.com/bs05
Rapid Assault, Quartz Infusion, Avatar of the Veil, Avatar of the Chase
Lunaris + Master of Blade
Solaris + Penitentiary Incarcerator + Lady Stormflay
Yugul (Reflect maps)
Garukhan + Rek'Tar, The Breaker
Deal with the Bandits
I took Kraityn however 2 skill points would be better since it will lead to an other jewel on which you could have maximum life, res, crits
1. Ice Shot
2. Greater Multiple Projectiles
3. Elemental Damage with Attacks
4. Ice Bite (On 4link you can run blood rage to generate frenzy and run added cold damage, however, you’re less likely to freeze)
5. Added Cold Damage
6. Cold Penetration / Pierce / Faster attack (it depends on your gameplay but with the pCoC setup the more you pierce, the best it is. I still prefer cold pen though)
2. Ice Bite
3. Elemental Damage with Attacks
4. Slower Projectiles
5. Added Cold Damage
6. Cold Penetration
Curse on Hit
1. Herald of Ice
2. Curse on Hit
3. Assassin's Mark
4. You can use it as spare socket for Hatred/Blink arrow to keep rooms for other links
Cast when Damage Taken
It's an old setup that can save your life, it's probably not the optimal one, I don't even know if I will really use a cwdt setup on that build.
1. Cast when Damage Taken
4. Ice Golem
Charges (Useful on bosses)
It will get you both Power Charge & Frenzy Charge
2. Power Charge on Critical
3. Greater Multiple Projectiles
4. Faster Attacks
Hatred, Herald of Ice, Vaal Haste, Blink Arrow
An idea about killing boss faster
I'm really not sure about this one, I'm trying it out, right now, I'll appreciate any comments/help on this.
If you don't run cwdt, there will be (2-4) free sockets depending if you are running 5L or 6L so we could use Frost Bomb (-20% cold res) and Frostbite curse.
I tried it on uber lab it was easy to manage, I only did a single run though so I don't know if it's such a huge improvement or not yet. On merciless lab, it seems to kill faster.
Merciless Izaro Video: https://youtu.be/4JZLlANEsEE
Uber Izaro Video: Not out yet.
Gear (Do not look at links)
Budget gear, it can be run on 4link the only mandatory would be Queen of the forest, the boots are a solid choice because of the phasing evasion buff (About 8-10k evasion which gives more movement speed than Atziri's one )
Also any rare with tons of max life + res
Any rare with lots of crits chance + 1 high res + max life, here's mine for now (Not optimal)
There are 3 options, I use Three-Step Assault because I think it's well balanced with our build focus.
With those, you get around 8-10k evasion buff & 10% chance to dodge spell while phasing. We got around +47% movement speed with those. Max life isn't bad either.
+1 Maximum frenzy, 10-12% to dodge attacks, 25-35% movement speed.
Good base evasion, nice max life and 14-16% dodge spell, 31% movement speed.
Solid diamond rings with res, max life, intel and maybe evasion
Solid rare with res and intel, I'd recommend an Agate base. Less budget friendly, you could get Victario's Acuity (Which is still really affordable, around 80-90c right now).
This mine, it's not perfect but it isn't bad either.
My current gear (Do not look at links)
- Omen on the Winds (Quest rewards)
- Rare with life, res & crits
Instant recovery when on low life is a big life saver as well as remove bleeding for corrupting bloods, which are a pain in the ass.
This is ideal mods (With better roll) Even though you can replace movement speed with remove bleeding on use
Ideal is Increased Duration with % Evasion
Ideal would be +20 Maximum Charges & increased % Evasion
You can replace 40% increased duration by reduced charge used to be able to use it 2 times.i
Rare Gorge T13:
T8 unid rare corrupted map (Still pretty low level and shitty geared):
Merciless Izaro Video (Not really impressive but at least that one is recent):
Fail safe flask :
Use it carefully, don't waste it. When you are stack up with corrupting blood or some dots, wait until you’re low hp to instant heal or you’re dead.
Insane Life leech:
Don't forget that you run fast, you can always take a run to the nearest monsters pack and heal yourself even 3 monsters or a single rare one should be more than enough
Cast all your flask but life one. Onslaught will give your phasing buff, Jade & Stibnite flask will up your evade chance to attacks over 90% plus smokes mine which blinds enemies.
About diamond flask, crits are always nice to dps a boss. I think we can freeze bosses time to time, not sure if it's because of the crits or flat freeze % I might change that one eventually.
Last edited by Airi on Sep 8, 2017, 12:13:15 AM
Last bumped on Aug 31, 2017, 7:35:46 PM
on Aug 16, 2017, 7:28:37 PM
What should we do for bandits?
on Aug 17, 2017, 8:30:41 PM
Kraityn or Skill points, if you want to maximize your crits and stack up the unique, 2 skill points will lead to a new jewel socket, however, i took Kraityn for movement speed / attack speed.
on Aug 18, 2017, 5:06:30 AM
on Aug 18, 2017, 9:20:19 AM
There is a lot wrong with this guide.
1. Your skill tree is bad. You take nodes that are inefficient and not as good as other nodes. You also recommend the wrong Ascendancy order.
2. Your bandit choice is wrong, if you are playing any Crit build you go Alira. She is far and away more damage plus you gain 15% all resistance.
3. Your Links for Barrage are bad. Ice Bite should definitely be second, and cold penetration should be fifth with added cold last.
4. You don't need to use some weird Split Arrow setup. You can already 1 shot packs without using CoH Frostbite. You can also generate power charges using HoI CoH Assassin's Mark.
5. Your damage while taken setup is bad. There is no reason to take Firestorm, there is also no reason to take a golem. You should be using CWDT > Immortal Call > Vortex.
6. Your gear choices do not make sense. Death's Opus is one of the worst bows in the game now that they nerfed it's crit multi, the only good thing about it. Lioneye's Glare is in every way but one better, but for the purposes of damage far exceeds the damage of Death's Opus. You are using a Frenzy Charge build but are not using Darkray Vektor's.
7. You have bad flask choices. You are playing a bow build which has it's only way of moving quickly as running and no Quicksilver? Silver flask is not necessary. You should be using Life > Taste of Hate > Wise Oak > Diamond > Quicksilver.
Also there is no reason not ot use two of the threshold jewels. The increased area of effect gives so much overlap on the cone from Ice Shot that it allows you to shotgun mobs.
on Aug 18, 2017, 11:03:07 AM
1. Yea kind of, here's the 2nd version of my tree I'm talking about in my thread http://poeurl.com/btyR which I think is a lot better after trying it on standard with basic gear.
2. Nope. Alira is about 30% multiplier and we already got over 400% without her plus here it's more about crits chance. I took Kraityn mostly for a leveling purpose even if it's not that bad. If you take the 2 skill point it will lead you to a new jewel. You can buy a 10% all res + dual 12% res and there's room for max life or crits chance, so that would be better imo.
3. Yea I wrote that I was only trying it and that I'll update, you're probably right.
4. God, i didn't even noticed that I let that here, you're more than right hahaha I'm already running with the HoI CoH setup for a while now
5. Yea a thought about that setup I'll try it, with blind we almost never get hit tho.
6. Lioneye's Glare would be bad imo, we'd lost 18% crits chance because of the "Hits can't be evaded" as well as 100% multiplier plus the total dps output is lower with barrage and we will already 1shot monster pack with ice shot & Opus however, Slivertongue seems to be a good option tho. I can't believe I forgot about those boots, that's true it will be a significant dps boost + 10% attack dodge chance as well as some res. However, we will lose 8k evasion from phasing buff and 10% spell dodge chance, i might just add the two of them with plus and cons.
7. We are using queen of the forest, the movement speed buff is greater with my Jade + Stibnite than a regular 30%+40% Quicksilver (I get 255% movement speed actually and it can go higher) plus we got a huge evasion buff and blind enemies, it's really efficient against bosses too imo. About the Silverflask, it gives all the buff from our ascendancy on a single flask, which means 40% attack damage, 25% more chance to Evade Melee & 15% chance to evade projectile as well as 20% movement speed and 10% chance to Dodge Spell Damage (20% if you use Three Step Assault). It's a huge defensive buff against bosses who are alone until some mobs spawn. However, Wise Oak and Taste of Hate would be great flask too. I might switch Diamond for one of those 2
Yea that would be awesome but since we're running lot of unique I prefer to get some max life and res instead.
Thanks for your reply man! I really appreciate to have every flaws write down, there's always room for improvement, feel free to reply that one if there's something :)
Last edited by Airi on Aug 22, 2017, 4:10:32 PM
on Aug 18, 2017, 6:58:10 PM
Any 3.0 skill tree update please?
on Aug 23, 2017, 5:27:18 PM
It's a 3.0.0 Tree, our nodes didn't change
on Aug 29, 2017, 11:47:22 AM
Your tree should already have the 2 point jewels regardless of the 2 point quest or not. The thing about Alira, is our build is already struggling getting resists, because you should be using Bisco's, as well as alot of other unique items. Now if you can get a jewel with Max Life/All Res/Global Multi go ahead, but it's gonna be a bit pricey. Also, Crit Multi is almost always better then crit chance, especially if the values are close.
Lioneye's Glare is the best bow in the game, outside of a ridiculous 500+ PDPS bow. You lose crit chance, but the max end DPS on Lioneye's Glare is 360, compared to the max DPS on Death's Opus being 200. Not only that, but "Hit's Cannot Be Evaded" does not lower your crit chance, it increases it because you cannot miss. In addition, if you are playing Death's Opus you have to get accuracy on rings and gloves. Doing that sacrifices other DPS stats such as flat damage, or WED. Getting a piece of jewelry with all three as well as life and resistances is going to cost you are fortune. Now, assuming you have 90% accuracy, Death's Opus (in my current gear) is a 6% damage increase for Barrage, and a 22% DPS loss for Ice Shot, that's absolutely not worth it when it also comes with the added side effect of needing to get accuracy on all of your gear.
I took a look on Path of Building and Jade + 100% Increased Evasion is ~50% movement increase, vs Quicksilver being 70%. Now I'll leave this to preference if you'd like the higher chance to evade, that is fine.
Also, I don't know how I missed this before, but you aren't using Avatar of the Slaughter. This is actually jaw dropping. Avatar of the Slaughter is the only reason to play Raider. Without going Avatar of the Slaughter you have no way of generating Frenzy Charges against bosses, and you also are not using Blood Rage so you have no way of generating Frenzy Charges. The reason why this build is so strong right now is because of Frenzy Charges and Ice Bite. For example, I have 2,077,712 DPS with Barrage against SHAPER. If I switch from Avatar of the Slaughter, to Avatar of the Chase, and take of Frenzy Charges, and put on Onslaught my DPS goes to 1,034,603. That is literally a 50% DPS loss. Dude you are literally cutting your damage in half because you are using Avatar of the Chase instead of Avatar of the Slaughter... I don't know what to say, you need to fix this...
on Aug 29, 2017, 1:09:59 PM
I'll give it a try, I didn't notice the effective crits chance with it. My barrage still seems to do less damage on Path of Building tho
That amulet is more than awesome I didn't even know it was out. I agree that the jewel is expensive tho I'll compare and try some stuff
I'm running Frenzy>GMP>pCoC>FA to get my charges at bosses, I know that's a bit pain in the ass to run that kind of setup but I'm wondering if it's really worth to lose one of the Avatar, like Slaughter give us solid evade chance without it we'll drop to ~76
Overall thanks again man, I might do a rework of my build in a few days after trying out much more stuff
Last edited by Airi on Sep 7, 2017, 6:28:36 AM
on Aug 31, 2017, 7:35:46 PM