Is bleed damage reduction through armour working in 3.0?

I am running around in 50k armour, 6k life and 500 regen but bleeds from tiny leapers in safe T10 still hurt like trucks, is there a bug or do bleeds hurt just way more now after the rework?

Edit: Same with traps in lab btw.

Edit2: Thanks everyone, I wonder if this is intentional, I have been defending armour for the longest time but boy GGG is making it harder and harder.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Aug 17, 2017, 6:57:45 AM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2017, 6:15:20 AM
Armor does not reduce physical damage over time.

Only reduced dmg over time taken mods do that.

Armor only works at the initial hit for the bleed, but since armor is conteder for the worst stat to invest in since 2.0 arrived, you would be better dropping like 40k of your armor and getting life instead, at least that would bump up your regen a bit.

Lab traps deal damage based on your maximum hit points, can't be reduced by anything, but actually I think immortal call can make you immune to them.

And as a last advice, use a staunching flask.

"
krenderke wrote:
Armor does not reduce physical damage over time.

Only reduced dmg over time taken mods do that.

Armor only works at the initial hit for the bleed, but since armor is conteder for the worst stat to invest in since 2.0 arrived, you would be better dropping like 40k of your armor and getting life instead, at least that would bump up your regen a bit.

Lab traps deal damage based on your maximum hit points, can't be reduced by anything, but actually I think immortal call can make you immune to them.

And as a last advice, use a staunching flask.

"
Bleed damage is not reduced by armour, but will be reduced by any other sources of physical mitigation, such as endurance charges or Immortal Call.

Wow. that explains it. I usually go for fortify and endu charges, I just walked through everything in 2.6 on my champions.

First time in years I have armour (since I'm using aegis).

I am starting to wonder if there is a single situation where armour doesn't suck. ;)
Perception is reality.
Back in patch 2.6, armor would effectively reduce the bleeding damage you took, since the hit that caused the bleeding would be weaker. Now in 3.0, bleeding damage is no longer based on the hit itself, but rather the base damage of the enemy or player in general.

This means armor no longer reduces bleeding damage at any point, as its only calculated against % physical damage reduction modifiers like basalt or endurance charges.
"
darkmark009 wrote:
Back in patch 2.6, armor would effectively reduce the bleeding damage you took, since the hit that caused the bleeding would be weaker. Now in 3.0, bleeding damage is no longer based on the hit itself, but rather the base damage of the enemy or player in general.

This means armor no longer reduces bleeding damage at any point, as its only calculated against % physical damage reduction modifiers like basalt or endurance charges.

Really? I did not know much about theese ailment changes but this puts armor on an all times low.
I think it's still worth investing in despite the changes. Bleeding damage is generally a non-issue due to flasks and stuff like Bloodgrip anyway. The real use of armor is not getting chunked by trash mobs when they happen to get too close or mob you from range. This is very noticeable when leveling a new character.
Last edited by darkmark009 on Aug 16, 2017, 7:42:22 PM
It is noticable while leveling, but irrelevant later in the game when you can just leech for whatever amount.

On an other note block also kind of sucks balls since like last league, you won't be able to block corpse explosions, they are like environmental things so not blockable/dodgeable (similar to EA when stacked on the walls in pvp) and that was the thing that killed me on T16 maps pretty often on my gladiator, offscreen DD mobs od DD totems, not being able to destroy the corpses of unique monsters with shatter/bleedsplosion/abyssal cry also just adds oil to the fire.

And with the introduction of the pantheon stunlock prevention eva builds or just life stacking builds are finally somewhat usable.

A thread I made yesterday about armor.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1959784

Not too many replies because people are too busy crying about the ES changes, guess they'll get used to it after a couple of leagues.
Last edited by krenderke on Aug 16, 2017, 7:50:25 PM
"
krenderke wrote:
On an other note block also kind of sucks balls since like last league, you won't be able to block corpse explosions, they are like environmental things so not blockable/dodgeable (similar to EA when stacked on the walls in pvp)

This has nothing to do with it being "environmental" (spoilers: it's not environmental at all). They just deal secondary Damage, which is neither Attack nor Spell Damage - Block is specific to Attacks, Spell Block for Spells, so there is simply no Block for secondary Damage.

Secondary Damage can be identified as flat Damage that does not benefit from Spell Damage; Bear Traps and Infernal Blow explosions also deal secondary Damage, for example.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 16, 2017, 9:13:57 PM
"
krenderke wrote:

On an other note block also kind of sucks balls since like last league, you won't be able to block corpse explosions

That's a problem on any character, though. You need to get rid of the corpses, vaal dd is great for that for example.
Perception is reality.
Armor vs Bleed got indirectly nerfed with the changes to Damage Over Time.
Before, you would mitigate a fairly large amount of Bleed since you are lowering the damage of the initial hit, which Bleed is based on. Now, that is not the case, so Armored characters would notice a notably large increase in damage they take from bleed compared to back then.
Last edited by Starxsword on Aug 17, 2017, 6:15:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info