So how's deadeye?

I'm not the type of guy who googles builds... where's the fun i n that :) bit I sort to like to know in advance whether a class is ok or meh.

I'm thinking about a ranger/deadeye, I had so much fun in the old days with a tornado shot + fork kind of gameplay...

I'd like some general tips here:

1. how's deadeye in general?
2. go for evasion, armor, or both? Or maybe skip both and do the good old path of life nodes?
3. I think most people do barrage for single target dps when doing bows? I used frenzy, is it defintively weaker?
4. what about "skills grant an extra projectile" node from deadeye's path, is it good? I'd probably pick it over "skills fork twice", but maybe that's a stupid thing to do?

I am interested in untwinked play from the scratch.
I haven't played PoE in 2-3 years.

Cheers!
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 12:13:05 PM
1. Not as bad as people say it is. Actually pretty good, especially if you wanna go crit with a bow and don't like assassin.
2. Evasion and life I'd say. It feels like evasion got a very nice buff in 3.0, the values feel a lot higher than before (queen of the forest can even reach up to 3k evasion now).
3. Yes and yes. Unless you need the charges. Then again, tornade shot isn't all that bad for single target either. Blast rain is also an option.
4. Isn't it "Your projectiles chain an additional time"? Chain is not fork, there's a difference. Extra projectile is strong, especially for tornado shot.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Deadeye indeed has +1 Chain, not additional Forking. I'd personally say that +Chain is generally stronger than just +1 Projectile - but the AoE is a pretty big deal for Lightning Arrow and Ice Shot:

GMP Lightning Arrow can only land one arrow against an enemy, but if the enemy is up against a wall, arrows hitting the wall can still strike the enemy too - 50% Increased AoE makes this much easier.

Ice Shot releases a cone on Hit, which carries the same Point Blank multiplier as the arrow does: 50% Increased AoE allows that full Point Blank damage bonus to spread across a notably larger area. Really fun with Chin Sol too, which has an extra Point Blank-alike modifier.

Worth noting: a Projectile that Pierces or Forks will not Chain. Ice Shot's threshold jewel grants another tasty 50% Inc Area, but also +10 Pierces: this makes it essentially impossible to benefit from the Chain passive. Probably want 100% Phys to Cold Conversion as well, which makes Rupture useless.

+1 Projectile is really good for Tornado Shot, but so is Chain. +1 Projectiles has the benefit of also helping single-target Damage with TShot, but Chain is a stronger bonus to pack clearing. However, with new boss health, I'd say the Projectile is preferable for TShot, if you have to choose.

I always run into the issue of choice when building a Deadeye. Too many interesting options and possibilities, and you can't have it all. It's the worst :P
right, it chains +1 times, not forks, yep :)

Thanks guys. Seems fun. Is 3.0 still allowing up to 8 ascendancy points?

Yep, eight points!
deadeye wishes she was a pathfinder or a raider.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info