[3.8] LiftingNerdBro's Uber Lab Warchief Totem Champion - Great League Starter!

Build status in 3.8

100% viable and in its best shape so far. Check the spoiler below for the
changelog.

Spoiler
Skill Gem Changes:

- Helmet: Replaced Vulnerability with Pride

- Boots: Increased the CWDT level to 13 and replaced Immortal Call and Vortex with Vaal Molten Shell (17) and Summon Stone Golem (15).

- Gloves: Enduring Cry and Inc. Duration remains. Removed Stone Golem. Added Vulnerability.

- Chest (Non-Kaom's version): Added Cyclone, Vengeance and reordered the support gem priority.

- Replaced Cleave and Sunder in the leveling section with Frost Blades and its relevant support gems.

Skill-Tree Changes:

- Bandits: Kill them all (previously you help Oak)

- Picked up Inexorable for easy Endurance Charge generation and armor scaling to supplement Molten Shell

- Picked up Vigor, Stamina and Endurance for +3 to maximum Endurance Charges

- Removed Templar section. AoE nodes has been replaced with Brinkmanship and life nodes with the ones near the scion.

- Removed Razor's Edge

Gear changes:

- Replaced the Divine Life flask with Blood of the Karui

- Updated magic flasks to optimal rolls and reflect changes

Note: The Pride Aura will in PoB indicate that it reserves 50% of your life even when Mortal Conviction is selected. This is a bug and you can ignore it.

LNB

Please Read

Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro

YouTube.com/LiftingNerdBro

1. Old video and gameplay guide here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKjASkoN_i8&t

Note: Refer to the Path of Building link to see which gear/gems you should use now instead. The video is still relevant though as it explains a lot of the mechanics behind the build and shows of some gameplay.

2. Join us on Discord! Visit the #poe-help section if you need help or wish to get your build reviewed https://discord.gg/lifting.

3. The intention of this build is to create a cheap, simple and effective uber lab farmer. This is a monkey maker build.

4. My Path of Building link includes the leveling trees & the ability to swap between the budget and expensive version of the characters gear in the items section.

PoB 3.8 link: https://pastebin.com/JrwddLvU

PROS AND CONS

Pros:

- Budget/beginner/league start-friendly - start with rare items and upgrade to the suggested unique items once you can afford it.

- Very tanky.

- Permanent Fortify & Onslaught.

- High life regeneration, making labyrinth traps easier to deal with.

- Great uber lab farmer. The Shaper and Red Elder is doable too with further investments.

Cons:

- Some people don't enjoy the "totem playstyle"

Gem Setup

Damage setup:

- Vaal Ancestral Warchief, Multiple Totems Support, Brutality, Melee Physical Damage, Concentrated Effect (5-link) & Ruthless (6-link).

Note: Use a regular Ancestral Warchief skill-gem until you get the Vaal version of it.

Note: For mapping I suggest using Increased Area of Effect instead of Concentrated Effect.

Mobility & Aura

- Leap Slam, Faster Attacks, Culling Strike & Pride.

Note: Even though Ancestral Bond prevents you from dealing damage; leaping unto an enemy while it's below 10% still triggers the culling effect and thus kills it. Also, you should only use Pride after picking up Mortal Conviction in the passive tree.

Utility 1:

- Enduring Cry, Vulnerability, Increased Duration

CWDT Setup

- CWDT (lvl 13), Vaal Molten Shell (lvl 17), Summon Stone Golem (lvl 15), Inc. Duration (max level).

Vaal Molten Shell (not Molten Shell) will have to be cast manually. Do this in dangerous encounters after using your Granite/Lion's Roar flask to gain full effect.

Note: For this setup, it is important that your gems are exactly the level as posted above, otherwise it won't work. If you accidentally over-level a gem you can sell it to the vendor together with an orb of scouring to de-level it by 1. Or sell it together with an orb of regret to return it to level 1.

Optional, defensive setup for the non-Kaom's Heart version:

- Cyclone, Vengeance, Life Gain on Hit, Maim & Blind.

This setup won't deal damage due to Ancestral Bond, but it will still allow you to reap the benefits of life gain on hit and also blinding and maiming the enemy.

Skill-trees, Ascendancy & Pantheon

Ascendancy Class: The Champion

Ascendancy Points, in priority: Conqueror --> Worthy Foe --> Unstoppable Hero --> Fortitude.

Leveling skill-tree 1:
http://poeurl.com/cyCP

Leveling skill-tree 2:
http://poeurl.com/cyCQ

Leveling skill-tree 3:
http://poeurl.com/cyCR

Finished skill-tree at level 94 and 114 points:
http://poeurl.com/cyCS

Note: That if you at any point need more intelligence or dexterity to level your gems then simply pick up the 30+ notables in the skill-tree and/or search the vendors for a Lapis/Jade Amulet.

Pantheon powers

- Soul of Solaris (great for boss encounters)
- Soul of Ryslate (filling up potions and extra effect of health potions)

Leveling Tips

1. Level 1-Ancestral Bond: Use Frost Blades, linked to Chance to Bleed and Onslaught. If you have a 4-link add Added Fire Damage to the setup.

2. Once you reach level 16 you can replace Onslaught with Melee Physical Damage.

3. After picking Ancestral Bond, start using Warchief Totems, optimally in a 4-link.

Note: Once you pick up Ancestral Bond your character can no longer deal damage with skills. You will have to rely on your totems from thereon.

4. Level 50-60+ try getting yourself a cheap 5-linked armor for your Warchief setup.

5. Level 61+ Get Kondo’s Pride.

Note: until you pick up blood magic and/or use the brutality support gem I’d recommend running Herald of Ash and Hatred for a nice temporary damage boost. After you pick Mortal Conviction and is using Brutality in your gem setup start using Pride.

Bandit quest:

- Kill them all!

Unique items for leveling (OPTIONAL):

Armour:

- Wanderlust
- Goldrim
- Lochtonial Caress
- Meginord's Girdle

Rings:
- 2x Blackheart
- 2x Le Heup of All (level 24 requirement)

Weapons:

- 2x The Screaming Eagle
- Limpsplit
- Wideswing
- Reaper’s Pursuit
- Rigwald’s Charge

Note: These items will be "expensive" during the first 2-3 days of a new league and after that rapidly drop in price to the point where they shouldn't cost more than 1 chaos orb at most.
It is completely fine to just stick to rare items during the leveling process.

Threshold “guidelines”

Kitava, Act 5:

- 1000-1400+ Life
- 35%+ to all elemental resistances
- Conqueror Ascendancy

Arakali, Act 7:

- 1900-2300+ Life
- 40%+ to all elemental resistances
- 4 or 5-link

Kitava & Maps, Act 10:

- 4000+ Life
- 75%+ to all elemental resistances
- Worthy Foe & Unstoppable Hero Ascendancy
- 5-link +

Uber Lab Farming:

- 5000-6000+ Life
- 5-link +
- 35.000+ DPS per totem
- Avoid Essence + Conduits if the lab has those buffs that day. You can deal with 1, but not both at the same time. At least not without too much risk.

The Shaper/Elder:

- 6700+ Life
- All 8 Ascendancy's
- 5-link Stargeforge (you might need a 6-link)
- 90.000+ DPS per totem
- The Shaper/Elder fight are very mechanical fights. Don't expect to kill him in your first try. It takes practice.

Note: these are all per definition "guidelines" try and aim for these numbers, but don't get discouraged if you are a bit off.

Gearing

Look for these stats on your rare gear (in priority):

First priority:

1. Life
2. Elemental Resistances

Second priority:

3. Attack speed and Flat physical damage (only on rings and gloves)
4. Intelligence (only if you need it to progress gem leveling)

My Current Gear:

- Refer to the PoB Pastebin link to see both the budget and expensive version gear choices.

Jewels:

- Maximum life
- Physical/Melee/Sword/Totem Damage/Area Damage
- Attack Speed
- Resistances

Flasks:

- 1x Blood of the Karui/Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching
- 1x Ample Sulphur Flask of Heat
- 1x Chemist's Basalt Flask of Warding
- 1x Chemist's Quicksilver Flask of Staunching
- 1x Lion’s Roar

Note: Until you get more accustomed to the labyrinth traps, I recommend using at least 2 health flasks. Also, before you get a Perseverance belt, consider using a Silver Flask, to apply onslaught.

#DoYouEvenNerd
LNB
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Sep 22, 2019, 9:37:26 AM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2020, 1:47:30 PM
Reserved!

Note: my PoB crashed as I was finishing up, because of that I had to rush getting the information back in again. If you notice any mistakes or anything that looks wrong, please let me know and I will correct them.
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Last edited by LiftingNerdBro on Aug 16, 2017, 7:39:27 AM
Thanks Lifting! Looks good and will try asap. Appreciate the focus on cheap and efficient.
What about bandit choice?
"
LightW2 wrote:
What about bandit choice?

In the video he says Oak.
Hey Lifting, great guide! With your insane life regen, have you considered using Damage on Full Life instead of Faster attacks? Damage on Full Life looks at the player's health, so it gives an insane damage boost that's pretty easy to keep up. Thanks for the guide :).
Hi.
Tell me pls, why Ancestral Warchief instead of Ancestral Protector?
"The intention with this build is to create a cheap, simple and highly effective uber lab famer. This is a monkey maker build."

This build is awsome I have always wanted an army of Monkeys!
How's map clear speed, or is this just for Uber Lab?
Could anyone point me in the right direction of the "cheap unique leveling item's forum post" that he refers to in this video? not having any luck finding it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info