Help a Nooby guy uppgrade my gear :3

Greetings, Im very... unskilled on this Items uppgreade thing, and ive been in need to change some items so i dont die that much :3

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/kennym94/characters this is my Profil and my Char is Kennymartins :) i would be really glad if you guys could help me to make this char a bit more powerful :D

have 54c to spend on uppgrade :) thank you all ! hugz
Last edited by kennym94 on Aug 15, 2017, 1:13:27 AM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2017, 7:16:15 AM
First of all take Resolute Technique keystone and change blood magic gem in your main setup for maim support and get any mana leech (tree or item, probably from jewel socket)

Use regal on your jewel, maybe change Sol hold ring for smth better 60+ life min/max dmg resist/leech to have capped resists.
You can take cheap Atziris promise flask to boost damage and get some chaos mitigation.

I would probably save resources for Axe upgrade later. If you change gem, get flask your dps will go further.

Oh :) ill do that, thank you very much !
All things considered, your gear is actually not that bad as a starting point - better than my own (SSF). Your jewelery is terrible though, and I think that is where you can really focus upgrades. You are better off trying to find health on the jewelery and craft the extra resists you need than vice versa.

Love that chestpiece. I am still running a 5L with shit armor at level 79 on my similar Cyclone build.

You self-cast Warlord's? I always put Molten Shell in my CWDT set up for a little extra armor and dps. Chrome that last slot in the axe to red for the Warlord's.

This is my first Cyclone build, so I am curios if attack speed is a priority over damage? That being the case, you could do a lot for your survivability with a different helm from the Devotion - one with life and resists to help the balance with the jewelery. Gah I hate that balance game!
what is CWDT :S im kinda newbie ^^ i kinda have no idea what you said about selfcast and red the warlord x(
"
kennym94 wrote:
what is CWDT :S im kinda newbie ^^ i kinda have no idea what you said about selfcast and red the warlord x(

CWDT = Cast when damage taken: red skill gem. When you get hit, it triggers things automatically. Things like IM (immortal call), BR (blood rage, AW, Ancestral Warchief, Stone golem, etc.

Self casting is when you trigger a spell or action by hitting a key or mouse button.

With CWDT you have to be careful about leveling the gem. Read the description carefully. It tells you the level limits of supported actions. For example:

CWDT gem is level 1
Blood Rage is level 7
Immortal Call level 3
Increased duration level 3

Those gem levels are determined by the level 38 limit mentioned in the blue text on the gem info.

The CWDT trigger acts when I take 528 damage. If I were to let CWDT level up a bit, all my other gems could too, but the damage threshold that triggers the gem would also go up. Generally, the higher the threshold, the less frequent the trigger.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
ooh, i see! thank you ill fix it :D

and about the Jewel, ive seen some that i guess is good, but i dont know the prices on those so i wait untill i learn the prices so i get one good one to a descent price :3
Last edited by kennym94 on Aug 15, 2017, 5:09:32 PM
I don't know why you got those mana nodes. I doubt you really need them as you even have a mana flask. If you still face mana issues, you can just go for the Revelry keynode or get +2 mana on hit from jewels.
A +1 weapon range jewel is a must for cyclone build.
Save budget to upgrade your axe, that will be the biggest damage buff.
I'd replace the fortify gem in your main setup for other damage gem. You can link your fortify to your movement skill and trigger it occasionally.
Considering that you have slow 2h big hit axe flat added damage should not be a priority in your gear. I'd recommend attack speed and weapon ele damage instead. But above all get high life rolls on all your gear.
I'm personally not a fan of devoto's helm on phys builds. You'd do better if you get a regular helm with cyclone enchant and craft it with life.
I'd try to fit some curse in your build. Either with a cast or replace an aura for blasphemy. Either Punishment for more damage or temp chain or enfeeble for defense.

Good luck
Last edited by ire_of_desire2 on Aug 16, 2017, 7:18:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info