Theorycrafting-Storm Burst CwC with discharge

Hello,

So I've been thinking about a build idea, and I wanted to share it before I went ahead with it.

Here's the idea: I'll generate power charges with Voll's protector with GMP, %95 crit chance, and some cast speed within 0.35 seconds it takes CwC to trigger Discharge, and Discharge with 6 power charges, then blow it up as soon as Discharge is triggered. There will also be a Voll's devotion in the mix of course, at least for Standard.

There are some problems that I can see here.

1. They are not typically supported by same gems, but I think they will still be powerful enough for bosses. I'd rather use Ball Lightning or something for clear anyway.

2.Discharge will eat up the power charges, so Storm Burst won't have %%95 crit next time you cast it. But even without charges you can have good enough crit chance with crit gem and Scion Assassin, I don't think this will be much of a problem. And you'll have some from the discharge

3. You'll have to be in melee range for this, and while Discharge covers your back, you'll be vulnerable to ranged attacks. I'm not so sure about this one.

What do you think? Could it work?

Edit: Just realised the post should have been at Scion and not here, but anyway.
Last edited by sdfesdfe on Aug 14, 2017, 3:53:02 AM
Last bumped on Aug 14, 2017, 3:43:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info