[3.0]Inquisitor Ken's Tommy Gun Self-cast Crit Frostbolt. // Budget \\ Great League Starter //

loving ur build so far, working great with clearing map

im actually looking for some shield that can help me with random jumping mobs, sometimes its scarry

"
Crosstrum wrote:
"
Hello,
But sometimes bosses on t11+ just oneshot me and its kinda frustrating. Also elemental reflect mobs just wreck me.

I'm still working on better gear, but I was able to fix this problem by dropping herald of thunder, adding some mana to gear, and picking up Mind over Matter. The 30% damage reduction really helps reduce that burst. Several times I've squeaked away at low heath and mana with this change now.

If you do go this route, i also recommend the boot enchant from Merciless lab as it really helps keep the mana up.

did the same thing, so far bosses up to t14 are doable, the mitigation from MoM is really helping with survivability.

My current pob: https://pastebin.com/EKVC3bdN

I didn't follow exactly the build, some changes here and there. Notably I use orb of storm / arcane surge / power charge on crit / inc crit chance setup on a tempest binding for more mana regen and power charges.

Not sure all I did is optimal and I don't really know what to improve next (probably daggers as they're a bit outdated now). If anyone has suggestions, go ahead
first thing, thank you for this build, lovin it so far.. i have a belly of the beast 5L 2b 2r 1g ran out of chromes getting more blue sockets what would be the best set up to use in it so i can get it equipped.
"
squ1shed wrote:
"
bagietMaster wrote:
Mind drinker (0.4% mana leech) is good option ? 5 mana regen from Alira- i feel like its not enough :/
Can i kill endgame bosses with this build ?

Mind drinker only works with attacks. So you can't. :(

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Drinker

According to this, shouldn't Mind Drinker work for Frostbolt too ? Can someone else confirm?
Last edited by dumgumchuen on Sep 23, 2017, 6:41:23 PM
"
dumgumchuen wrote:
"
squ1shed wrote:
"
bagietMaster wrote:
Mind drinker (0.4% mana leech) is good option ? 5 mana regen from Alira- i feel like its not enough :/
Can i kill endgame bosses with this build ?

Mind drinker only works with attacks. So you can't. :(

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mind_Drinker

According to this, shouldn't Mind Drinker work for Frostbolt too ? Can someone else confirm?
Go to the article you linked. Click on the link to the article on "attacks". If you read it you will know the answer to your question.
nice build, I only play hardcorre wouldnt a staff and kaoms heart be better for HC?
If so which staff? pledge? taryns or a +2 cold gemms staff?

ty
Hey so I absolutely love this build. It seems I can run a lot of content with extremely cheap gear for a long while. I'm about to get into some top tier gear and I'm pretty excited to see some of the upgrades at work.

My question is, how much different would this build be by replacing the Frozen Trail jewels with First Snow jewels and using Freeze Pulse? It seems like its a lot of stacking proj speed/damage, cold damage, and cast speed, which FP also benefits from. I tested it out a bit at level 70 and it seemed pretty smooth.

Frostbolt has clear advantages when clearing maps with its 2+ screen clear abilities, but I don't know if the damage output would be better with FP up close for single target. Obviously you'd need to carry around the two jewels and a FP skill somewhere in your arsenal, but I feel it could be pretty interesting.

Any ideas?
Last edited by superdudebro on Oct 1, 2017, 9:12:32 PM
Would you be able to run dual void batteries with this build at all ? Just wondering as i have a high budget and I could use them with it. Just not sure if it would work/how much of the skill tree needs to be different to accomodate them? :)
I tried this build but i cant get good dmg even on a 6 link +2 cold gem staff

my char is zubzero in HC harbringer

what am i doing wrong?
How does your build go about dealing with Chaos Damage? Doesn't look like you have any chaos resist in the tree or on your items really. Do you just ignore that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info