Game crashes after patch

Just tried to log back in after patch on steam--game keeps crashing with error that says unable to decompress texture blood particles. dds or some such--any ideas what may be causing it?
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2017, 11:41:03 PM
"
Chasman wrote:
Just tried to log back in after patch on steam--game keeps crashing with error that says unable to decompress texture blood particles. dds or some such--any ideas what may be causing it?

Hey,

Can you please post a screenshot of the error, or copy/paste the error message?

Also, I'd suggest using the 'verify integrity of game files' option, in the Properties menu via the Steam Library.
Thanks for the quick response--verifying game files now and will post a screenshot shortly
I'm seeing similar crash after character selection.

The specific resource which is called out varies. Usually seems to point to cosmetic items.

Ex. "Error opening file:
Art/Models/Items/Armours/Helmets/Microtransactions/DemonKingHornsBleached/demon_king_horns_BleachStr.sm"

I've tried to delete the production_Config file, but no effect.

Edit: game installed with GGG patcher, not steam here.
Last edited by Dracius88 on Aug 10, 2017, 10:37:19 PM
Using the steam file verification fixed my issue. It found the corrupted file and replaced. Now the game is working again. There was a hiccup in our power during initial patch and apparently one file did not download properly. Thank you again GGG for a quick response.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info